Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C

Photo
- - - - -

Worst chaser?

Kirie Himuro Sae Kurosawa Kusabi Reika Kuze Sakuya Haibara Ouse Kurosawa

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:28 AM

Which game do you think had the worst chaser ghost?

While I would put Sakuya on here simply for not being able to one hit kill you, I think I'd have to go with Ouse for the beach chase scene alone.

Not only do they have her have a completely glitched pattern (Having to walk instead of run to avoid running into her unless you get insanely lucky) but they also have her pop up in front of you no matter which direction you go in and she always disappears and reappears in that same spot whenever you try going round the opposite way.  You literally cannot avoid getting hit by her unless you glitch the game and if you are playing without using the shop and have no Stone Mirrors...............

Just, an absolutely terrible flat out broken section of the game.  They even have the gall to place a Shrine Maiden ghost there if you head down the left path who will more than likely grab you long enough for her to catch up to you.  Worst section in the game by far.

#2 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:23 PM

Worst section in the game by far.

You know that goes to the surveillance, AL.   :ph34r:

I don't like Ouse's beach chase either, no matter what I try it doesn't feel right.  You'd think the path Yuuri takes would be an indication of where it's safe to go, but if anything it puts you more in danger.  That you have to do it twice is just salt in the wound.

My pick for best would probably be Sae.  The other ghosts don't really chase you into cutscenes, which makes the threat feel more persistent.  I would've said Reika, but her AI's a bit too persistent to be fun later in the game.

• AnimalLover47999 and MacabrelleEnvy like this

#3 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:24 PM

I think mine would be Reika during the miasma sections of the boss fight. It's so much down to luck; all you can do is pick a direction and hope for the best, because by the time you see her it's going to be too late to turn around.

Ouse's beach chase is awful as well, definitely one of my least favourites. Like, if you're going to teleport right in front of me at least let me see properly! I think the trick to getting past that bottleneck is to back up slowly when she teleports there, make her follow you into a more open area and then run around her - I'm pretty sure I've managed it that way in the past, but only after dying like 50 times, which was no fun.

Agree with Hex that Sae was best. That was the one time when the tension of the chase was much greater than the actual threat.

#4 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:20 PM

A tip for the Reika boss fight part.  If you stand still and wait for her to come to you you can just run in the opposite direction.

#5 OFFLINE   GregZerO

GregZerO

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 275 posts
  • Location???

Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:08 AM

Well Ouse was often broken,unfair and I don't like her "dark" design,it's oxymoron and not in the good/intresting way but I guess she was a threat and since there was a checkpoint seconds before your death to justify her "unfairness" at least she felt dangerous when she appeared.Comparing to Sakuya which was just a decorative,while her design is in my opinion way better she wasn't a threat at all .I realise that Ouse danger is cheap but Sakuya is more than pathetic,like come on...

I personally like Reika as a chaser the most I think,she was the most threatening and she never felt very unfair to me.From the normal random chase,to the no candle so she"ll come look for you it feels the most right one.About the boss battle "again,again chase section" as AnimalLover47999s said if you just learn that "pattern" and be ready to react quickly it makes a really intense final boss section and looks/sounds great too.

Sae as a chaser works the first time great but on a second playthough she looses all of her impact since its 100% scripted.Kirie is the same,just more basic and with less impact than Sae at first.

Edited by GreekShadow, 22 November 2017 - 06:10 AM.

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#6 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 290 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:44 PM

I'm going to go with Ouse too. That one chapter I always buy extra stones before going into it. (you can make up points to still get a SS rank) The first one with Yuuri wasn't that bad, cause the water slows you a bit and just zigzag left and right to avoid running directly into her, but the one with Miu, ugh. So stupid how she spawns in front of you and since you just go through her/touch her takes a stone. But adding the stupid Isames there makes it more annoying. Wasn't enough just to have the antagonist on our tail? Well in this case front.

a80Suw0.png

#7 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:57 PM

Hmm... I dont think I've had a problem with Ouse. Her pattern (or lack of a better word) is pretty easy to manipulate once you get the hang of it. But anyway,I dont really have a like or dislike for any of them but if I had to choose I'd pick Sae. I remember back in the old forums people have said Chapter 7 was scary because she comes after you. The game does tell you to run but you can easily just walk. In Wii Edition they did made her faster but I ended up playing with her whenever she got close to touching me. Cant say much about the Xbox version, I assume it's the same as the PS2 ver unless the speed in Wii Edition is based on it because I've noticed the Xbox changes made it into Wii Edition. That Reika tip wont work 50% of the time because you dont know when she'll use it and where you'll end up being at the time of use. I was very far on one side and she got me that way because I had no room to run away.

Edited by ナガクラ, 24 November 2017 - 11:57 PM.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kirie Himuro, Sae Kurosawa, Kusabi, Reika Kuze, Sakuya Haibara, Ouse Kurosawa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users