Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Chou : (28 June 2018 - 12:51 PM) Super excited for next week... Because i have some vacation time, yas! Which also means way more time to play FF4. I"m determined to finish the game before the anniversary.
GregZerO : (29 June 2018 - 04:21 PM) god i feel dumb,dunno how to upload images in a topic
midwinter : (29 June 2018 - 07:02 PM) "Attach Files" section under the post - hit "browse" and find it on your computer, then hit "Attach this file", which will add a link in the post field
GregZerO : (30 June 2018 - 09:27 AM) ohh i had to press attach,makes sense thank uu
Rezz : (05 July 2018 - 05:54 PM) (Made ya think about it)
Mr Johnny : (09 July 2018 - 09:01 PM) I hope the "REBOOT" of this series is better than other reboots like Re7
Mr Johnny : (09 July 2018 - 09:02 PM) they got really bored with the usual formula and patterns.
Mr Johnny : (09 July 2018 - 09:20 PM) Reboot in a since reinventing and re imagining the whole design not like DMC thing\
Mr Johnny : (10 July 2018 - 03:43 PM) each Zero is an large extended "Arc" or Era in it own self\ but it is a business after all. and they want more innovation.
Chou : (12 July 2018 - 01:05 PM) I'm sooooo ready for the weekend  :mellow: who else?!
Chou : (13 July 2018 - 01:18 PM) TGIF!!!
Yashuu : (14 July 2018 - 01:51 PM) hello  :icon_femalehead:
Yashuu : (14 July 2018 - 02:33 PM) :icon_fallenwoman: i missed this lady  :icon_fallenwoman:
Yashuu : (14 July 2018 - 02:33 PM) as well as the rest of u <3  :icon_fallenwoman:
midwinter : (14 July 2018 - 03:48 PM) heyyy, good to see you here again!
GregZerO : (14 July 2018 - 11:38 PM) welcome back yashuu ^_^/
Rezz : (15 July 2018 - 05:54 PM) 'Eeeey
GregZerO : (15 July 2018 - 07:34 PM) When you dig up Katamari Forever for your baby siblings but you take it back home cause you wanna play it again  :reggie:
Chou : (16 July 2018 - 12:13 PM) Heeey Yashuu!
Chou : (16 July 2018 - 12:13 PM) And oh man, Katamari. That takes me back, hahaha

Photo

Did anyone else think she'd died?

Hisoka Kurosawa

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:12 AM

When I got to the Shrine on the Water for the first time and saw Hisoka turn into a ghost I seriously thought she had died.  Nothing about the transition made it seem like this wasn't her vengeful spirit attacking Yuuri.  The fact that she had a completely different design from the other large floating spirits made me so certain she was dead and broke my heart to pieces.

I seriously thought that Yuuri had somehow managed to bring someone back to life by defeating her at first because of how the transition and ghost form looked.  Typically when a character is possessed they take on the form of someone else, but Hisoka's ghost looked just like her so I seriously thought she had died.

Did anyone else have this reaction?

#2 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:35 AM

I didn't. If you had a hobby of spending all night reading real life ghost stories you'll encounter ones where people think they're talking to somebody they know but it turned out to be a ghost. This is no different from when Fuyuhi mistook a maiden as Haruka or when Mayu would shape shift to Sae from Mio's perspective.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#3 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:52 AM

The difference here though is that the ghost had Hisoka's face.  When Sae was possessing Mayu we didn't see a ghostly form of Mayu we saw Sae.

#4 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:00 AM

Like I said before, ghost are able to look like whatever they feel like to trick the person in question.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#5 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 821 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:08 PM

I did.  It feels like they'd intended to have Hisoka die there but changed their minds, or went for cheap shock value in making you think she had.  I don't get it.  It doesn't feel consistent with what ghosts could do before (if they can all shapeshift, why don't they approach Mio as Mayu, or Rei as Yuu, etc.) and nobody mentions it once it's over.  If I became a ghost and someone death glanced me, I'd have a few things to say.

The best explanation I have is Hisoka came close enough to death that she could manifest as a ghost (kinda like the shrine maidens appearing for the marriages, I guess?) while still being alive, because what use does the Kagome have for tricking Yuuri?  It's clearly supposed to be her, down to the necklace and glance.

I wish it had been a DCB Sae-like situation where how you defeated Hisoka determined the outcome.  Maybe if you glanced her like a shrine maiden she'd "die", but if you found an opportunity to do Phantom Exposé, you could bring her back.  I don't know. 

• midwinter, GregZerO and AnimalLover47999 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hisoka Kurosawa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users