Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (30 November 2017 - 01:50 PM) Anyone else got snow?  Brr.
midwinter : (30 November 2017 - 02:55 PM) Yes  :icon_fallenwoman:
Eisenalex : (30 November 2017 - 03:21 PM) Not yet, unfortunately. I need temperatures to drop below 0°C during the day.
AnimalLover4... : (01 December 2017 - 03:27 AM) Lucky.  I love snow.
asagi : (01 December 2017 - 09:32 PM) I wonder when will the temperature be below 20C
Hex : (04 December 2017 - 07:33 PM) psst, midwinter, the FF3 reframing video's out and it's great: https://m.youtube.co...h?v=-f4e3zSFSEE
GreekShadow : (04 December 2017 - 08:32 PM) why does that guy has only so little views
midwinter : (04 December 2017 - 10:26 PM) ohhh, thank you! i'll have to watch it tomorrow now, but i'm looking forward to it
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 03:36 PM) He deserves a lot more
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:01 PM) Whenever I see Mafuyu say the broken staircase has nothing to do Takamine, I imagine him skidding down it on a sled with Koji and Tomoe.
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:02 PM) Novelists just wanna have fun
Hex : (06 December 2017 - 12:08 PM) Did anyone else not notice the pillars in the Demon Mouth have figures cared into them?  https://s7.postimg.o...3f/IMG_2417.jpg
midwinter : (06 December 2017 - 02:19 PM) oooh, no, that's cool
GreekShadow : (06 December 2017 - 11:58 PM) Lets all agree that in Forbidden Siren 2 ALL the missions with the 2 apartment buildings are the worst
Hex : (07 December 2017 - 12:07 AM) But don't you just love it when everything looks the same?   :chisab:
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 05:34 PM) ;_;
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 07:50 PM) There are chances a new Tenchu has been teased by From Software,if its indeed Tenchu i ll die ,its been 10 years ;_;
Rezz : (09 December 2017 - 12:44 AM) From Software needs to make me another Armored Core
midwinter : (09 December 2017 - 01:48 PM) And where's my Kuon sequel while we're at it
Rheo : (09 December 2017 - 06:39 PM) i thought the name of that game is actually Shadows Die Twice. lol

Photo
- - - - -

New Fatal Frame 30

Fatal Frame series Fandom

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 783 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:13 AM

How would you guys feel about tackling this challenge again, but with some differences?  I've had a coupla topic ideas that might be better suited for a list, and if you've participated before, you might have different answers after 5, the movie and manga were released.  Perhaps instead of making individual topics for each day, we could post in this one at our leisure and catch up whenever we have time.  Let me know how this sounds.  I'll leave the challenges here.  o7

Day 1: Favourite Character

Day 2: Least Favourite Character

Day 3: Favourite Camera

Day 4: Favourite Ghost

Day 5: Least Favourite Ghost

Day 6: Best Setting

Day 7: Best Location

Day 8: Favourite Folklorist

Day 9: Favourite Shrine

Day 10: Favourite Ritual

Day 11: Least Favourite Ritual

Day 12: Favourite Document

Day 13: Favourite Glance

Day 14: Favourite Scene

Day 15: Best Battle

Day 16: Favourite Music

Day 17: Favourite Themesong

Day 18: Favourite Ending

Day 19: Least Favourite Ending

Day 20: Best Unlockable

Day 21: Best Sidequest

Day 22: Favourite Pairing

Day 23: Favourite Headcanon

Day 24: Best Puzzle

Day 25: Best Hell Gate

Day 26: Most Underrated Ghost

Day 27: Create a Ghost

Day 28: Best Supplemental Material

Day 29: Least Favourite Game

Day 30: Favourite Game

ETA: feel free to post any pictures, artwork or drabbles you'd like to share/make for your responses!  We'd love to see them.

#2 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 702 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:49 PM

By catch up at our own leisure does that mean we'll be able to edit our posts after 24 hours?

#3 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 783 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:33 AM

Hm, I could change the settings if that's what people prefer.  My plan was anyone could post at any time, even double posting, so it'd be some consistent activity.

#4 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

• Spirited Aways
  • 702 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:15 PM

Day 1: Favorite Character  Mio Amakura.  To be able to go through the kind of trauma and sadness that she went through for so many years and still have hope to make things right with her sister and while carrying an optimistic and kind outlook about her makes her a very strong and lovable character for me.  It breaks my heart every time I see the tragedy that unfolds between them and afterwards.

Edited by AnimalLover47999, 15 August 2017 - 12:59 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

• Spirited Aways
  • 702 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:24 PM

Day 2: Least favorite character.  Miu does not exist Hinasaki.  Otherwise Kyozo Kururugi.

#6 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

• Spirited Aways
  • 702 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:46 AM

Day 3. Favorite Camera.  Ruka and Madoka's camera from Fatal Frame 4.  Those carvings are so pretty and intricate.  Other than that I love the added flower designs on the inside of the cameras in the Xbox versions of Fatal Frame 1 and 2.

#7 OFFLINE   spookyfan2

spookyfan2

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:33 AM

Day 2: Least favorite character.  Miu does not exist Hinasaki.  Otherwise Kyozo Kururugi.

Aw, but Kyozo is one of my favorite ghosts!

#8 OFFLINE   WildCoyote140

WildCoyote140

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:39 PM

Day 1: Favorite Character

Hmmm probably . . . Miku Hinasaki? She's by far the most iconic character.

Other than that, Choushiro is pretty damn cool.

#9 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,127 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:10 PM

Okay, I've been putting this off for way too long. Let's go!

Also, if it looks like I'm gaming my answers to get characters I haven't written much before... I totally am. :P Don't think of it as cheating, think of it as me looking for ways to narrow things down, because otherwise I'd end up with six different answers to each question.

Day 1: Favourite Character

There's only one page left in Yuuri's diary. The doctor said she should write about her visions, and back then she was desperate enough to do it. She wrote down everything, all the symptoms of her sickness.

Now she thinks of Hisoka, turning shadows in her hands. She thinks of Miu, saying flat and matter-of-fact, "I can see them too, you know." She thinks of Ouse, who saw her in a glance and then opened her arms.

She's not sick. She never was.

She leaves the last page blank as she puts the diary aside.

Yuuri is excellent and I love her, any questions?

#10 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:07 AM

Day 2: Least Favourite Character

The maiden pauses on the path. There's something on the very edge of her senses, moving through the mist: a sliver of wrongness, a bitter mineral scent like ink mingling with the rain. Whatever it is, it doesn't belong here on the sacred mountain, but before she can trace it to its source, it's gone.

For an instant she thinks she sees something twisting away into the dark, something like a thread of purple light. No sooner has she noticed it than it's faded away to nothing.

She decides to ignore it. Maybe, after all, it was nothing that mattered.

I wrestled with this for a while, and then I remembered that Ayane is kind of a Fatal Frame character now. So that made things much easier!

#11 OFFLINE   Amane-Kuze_FF3/PZ3

Amane-Kuze_FF3/PZ3

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 14 posts
  • LocationChristchurch/New Zealand

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:04 PM

Day 4: Favourite Ghost.I love Amane Kuze, as she cute, doesn't fight you, she doesn't like killing or hurt others. If she was real though. She could be my friend XD

I'll get my ghost girls on you :D

#12 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

Ruka never meant to steal the camera. She hardly had a choice, not with Misaki beside her, scrubbing angrily at her tears and saying through her teeth, "If we miss the boat because you had to drag us all the way back to the Asou Museum, I'll drown you myself. Try it if you think I'm lying."

And she can't say she regrets it now. It shouldn't be left to rot. She keeps it on a high shelf, and the tarnished brass embellishments sometimes catch the moonlight and turn it gold. Like the island, it sleeps, and keeps its secrets.

The Rougetsu Island camera is so pretty! Between that and the Spirit Stone Flashlight I think Asou must have been really personally attached to the island, too, so it's a neat bit of characterisation through objects.

#13 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:24 PM

In the dark, she can imagine herself trapped inside a paper house. The dry clematis leaves rustle and whisper on the other side of the wall, stirred by the breezes of some unimaginable night. She has stayed hidden all this time, going over and over her mistakes, and praying the only prayer she knows.

She keeps out of sight, and watches as the dark Vessel turns the prayer into a curse. "Never escape," she says, to everyone she meets.

The old woman never tries. Her life has always been bound to the Vessel. The prayer was meant for them both.

Seamstress <3

#14 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:00 PM

"We're not there yet," he says, when the box cracks open. He's aware of a small hand dripping black water down his neck. "You'll know when we get there. There'll be a splash."

Later, halfway through the graveyard, he says, "This would go faster if you'd stop moving around. It's not the weight so much as the balance..."

Under the cherry tree, he does the unthinkable, and sets down his burden. Her blind hand comes groping out. He puts it gently back and pushes the lid down.

"It won't be long," he says. "When you're underwater, you can come out, if you want. Lots of them do."

The reliquary comes open again. This time it's just her twisting white fingers reaching stubbornly for the light. He looks at his own hands, eaten away almost to the bone by black water. His ruined face burns beneath the mask.

"Not much further," he says. "You'll be with your sisters then, under the water. It's probably not so bad."

She grips the side of the box, as if she's clinging to the world.

"As for me," he says wearily, "I don't fancy another steep climb. Maybe this time I'll come in after you."

It was going to be just Twisted Guardian, but it ended up being a double helping with Shadow-Touched. Seriously, though, Twisted Guardian is the WORST.

• Hex likes this

#15 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 289 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:54 AM

I really love Fatal Frame 30 and I'm super excited that we have a new version of it ! <3

I've been wanting to do this a long time, but I don't want to rush it (because I'm too excited) and answer all the questions in one night. So I'm taking my time to answer all of these (let's see how that turns out xP)

So Day 1 ! My favourite character: Mio Amakura.

She has always been my number one main character in the series and she definitely hold a special place in my heart. Fatal Frame 2 was the first game I played from the series and Amakura twin's story had a huge impact in me~

fatal_frame_30_day_1_by_meitalink-dbrbm1

Edited by Meital, 22 October 2017 - 09:02 PM.

• midwinter, Hex, asagi and 1 other like this

#16 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 289 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:14 PM

Day 2: Least favourite character

This one was hard for me. At first I was thinking about Miu, but imo she is not a bad character and I actually like her -- I just don't like who her parents are (if she had different parents, I'm sure many Miu haters would like her).

So I channeled my dislike a little further: Miku is one of my favourite characters, but she has some really bad brother issues. She already let it go in Fatal Frame 3, but somehow his brother still "haunts" her and she thought ghost marriage was the only solution for her. And who can we blame for that? Mafuyu. I'm not sure what he is/was thinking (and overall what kind of person he really is) and if he really is THAT good big brother that you'd actually marry him.

He must be very attractive in person Kirie fell in love with him and so did his little sister xD (I wonder what Kirie thinks about Miku's and Mafuyu's marriage, lol)

Anyways! To answer Day 2's question, my least favourite character is Mafuyu Hinasaki.

fatal_frame_30_day_2_by_meitalink-dbreui

I don't know how to draw his hair, sorry xD;;

Edited by Meital, 22 October 2017 - 09:14 PM.

• Hex and asagi like this

#17 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 289 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

When I think about "The Camera Obscura" and the first design that comes to my mind is Fatal Frame 2's camera. It was the first game I played form the series so that might be the reason why I choose that one :)

Fatal Frame 4's camera looks amazing too, I love the details! ..But I haven't played the game so I don't have that kind 'connection' with it.

fatal_frame_30_day_3_by_meitalink-dbrzkj 

• asagi likes this

#18 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 289 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:42 PM

This was love in the first sight. When I saw her design I knew she would be one of my favourite characters. I love her design and her personality. I don't know what else to say xD <3<3

Also my second fav is definitely Chitose, but I had to choose between these two.

day_4__favourite_ghost_by_meitalink-dbs6

• Hex, asagi and AnimalLover47999 like this

#19 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 783 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:55 PM

I love your art Meital.  <3

I can't really contribute anything creative atm but here we go!

Day 1:  Favourite Character

Yuuri.  It's hard to think of what to say, she's just really likeable.  Her arc suits the game really well, she's selfless though she's in need of help herself, makes quick friends with almost everybody, has astronomical shipping potential, fights like a boss when fully upgraded and has great character interaction.  Also, her design is criminally pretty.

Day 2:  Least Favourite Character

Rui.  Like a lot of things in 5 there's potential for Rui to be awesome, but almost everything about her grates on me.  I really don't like her possessiveness towards Ren considering their relationship; he's her employer, it's his home she lives in (what's a 17 year old doing living with a 23 year old man?) but she treats him like he's incompetent.  The game tells us he is but we never see it.  If anything, Rui's constantly getting herself into trouble and Ren has to repeatedly rescue her.  She just makes his chapters extremely repetitive.  It's like, oh boy, we're playing as Ren, let's find Rui again.   :icon_fallenwoman:

Her androgynous appearance is kind of off putting as well, not because it's androgynous, but because it feels less like something that's "hers" as a character and more a means to get close to Ren.  That he doesn't see her as female at all, her writing that she wants to become "transparent" to be by his side feels really hollow to me, like she has no identity.  Then there's the creepy "I've been waiting, who will he choose, I don't want him to change" inner monologue and she's totally lost me.  Sorry, Rui.

Hisoka's camera.  I remember first seeing it in the livestream and not taking to it at all, but damn I've come around.  I don't know why it's red or reliquary themed but it's gorgeous.  I love the water design on the doors, how the frame and lock on are reliquaries in themselves, how locking on gives you like a clearer stream of the ghosts' thoughts and music, the little water drops under the capture circle, and the Spirit Fragment system.  It's all really satisfying to look at and use.

"Will you end yourself with me?"  Ouse goddamn Kurosawa.  What is there to say?  She's so majestic, well-voiced, alluring yet intimidating that you just can't help but love her.  Her design especially is standout; I love the hair pouring from her sleeves and pooling around her feet like Black Water, the blood-red eyes and her consistent posture like she's always presentable and posing for a partner.

The best part?  She's so nice!  Sure, she's full on in the final battle (so pretty) but if you don't want her?  Okay, thanks for coming, just take my picture and I'll be on my way.  She's great.   :icon_ouse1:

The Flamekeepers.  Has there ever been a more boring, unnecessary group of people that won't leave you alone?  Your "forbidden flame" is useless, stop going on about it and lobbing it at me! 

Day 6: Favourite Setting

God, this is becoming a 5 party but Mt. Hikami!  I thought they did a good job making each area feel distinct and like a real place with stories we don't hear about.  The ones we do hear, like people forgetting who they are in the Unfathomable Forest, the dolls being used to kill people, Keiji killing anyone who enters his lost house as sacrificial offerings are all so tantalising, you couldn't blame the Takamine's of the world who'd want to investigate.

Rougetsu Island is a close second though.  The islanders express their beliefs quite creatively in carvings and art that it'd be an interesting place to explore and drink in.

Day 7: Favourite Location

Rougetsu Hall.  I don't think I'll ever tire of the patient rooms, the extravagant entrance hall (do you think that torii was big enough, Haibara?), Kunihiko museum, outdoor garden and pool, and all the billowy curtains.  If I was a patient I'd be...over the moon.  (don't hurt me)

Kurosawa Antiques.  It's amazing.  Hisoka has a cat calendar.  There's tins of cookies (ExtraCooki to be exact) on the shop floor.  Some cheeky beer in the fridge.  Banana cheese, blue berry and butter milk are on the menu.  What are they?  Where's the kitchen?  Who knows.

And last but not least, the House of Joining.  The atmosphere in there is great, I love the little chime sounds and the clash of wedding/funeral imagery.  There's a couple of different peek points that gives the house a vibe like you're under scrutiny which works really well while you're playing as Ren.

Day 8: Favourite Folklorist

in hindsight this was an evil question.  I'll always be fond of Makabe's doomed trip to Minakami, but Keiji ticks so many boxes I didn't know I had.  He's from England!  He wears a suit!  Built a mansion on a suicide mountain for knowledge!  Is fascinated with Kunihiko!  How can you resist a folklorist that becomes part of the urban legend himself and haunts your shop?

More later! 

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

#20 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 289 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:49 PM

Thank you Hex! It means a lot~ <3

Kyozo Kururugi. He makes me feel really uncomfortable and I'm afraid of him :'D I guess it's good thing because it's a horror game, but still.. 

Runner up for day 5 would be Ryokan Kurosawa, because I hate fighting him (last two times when I've finished FF2 he has been pain in a butt, haha).

day5_by_meitalink-dbsiux2.jpg

• Hex, asagi and AnimalLover47999 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame series, Fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users