Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:29 PM) Ok, playing with headphones is definitely superior
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:31 PM) I knew the music in Rei's house changed after Miku's chapters start but I never noticed it has these little bumps and rustles that make it sound like something's moving in the house
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) also there is more ghost talk during Kei's phone call!
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) i couldn't hear most of it, though, I need to listen again
Hex : (08 November 2017 - 06:12 PM) Yesss, headphones.  I think you can hear doors being closed in Rei's house too.
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:03 PM) Damn, I didn't know they were closing down the miiverse until too late.  My screenshots.  :(
midwinter : (09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM) Argh, no backups? That sucks :(
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM) On the bright side, I still have an album full of pretty scenery and Hisoka looking confused.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) Nintendo shouldn't have shut down Miiverse.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) People loved it.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) And they should have incorporated it onto the Switch.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM) Finally finished TEW2, t'was excellent.
GreekShadow : (12 November 2017 - 05:14 AM) I'm glad you enjoed it Hex!How was it comparing to the first one though(,which i personally disliked)?
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) I've only played the first for a few hours (didn't like it much either), but it was a big improvement.  The gameplay is fun, the stealth works a lot better, the open world map isn't too big but there's sidequests (one with a cool ghost lady!) and some interesting things to do.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:17 PM) I was really impressed with the story since it was one of the things that put me off the first. The last 20 minutes were so good, definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
Daz Hinasaki : (12 November 2017 - 07:17 PM) Hey guys I'm finishing fatal frame 1 on my twitch channel tonight! :) love you to join me https://www.twitch.tv/chunzbunz
GreekShadow : (13 November 2017 - 05:36 AM) oh sounds cool thank you hex!And for me also the story of the first one put me off,glad the second one is better
Hex : (16 November 2017 - 12:01 PM) TIL: ghost marriage is actually practiced in China.   :staffsan:
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) O_O
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) oh yeah there's a local movie here called The Ghost Bride and the actress playing that is half-Chinese

Photo
- - - - -

3's mysterious camera

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 777 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

3's camera is weird.  It's broken, but appears functionable in the dreams of our protagonists.  Film materialises inside it in the real world of images it couldn't capture properly in the dream.  It also doesn't seem like an accident our characters stumble onto it.

Why do you guys think that is?  Is it the result of coming into contact with one in the real world, or does anyone in the dream have an equal chance of encountering it?  I'm leaning towards the former, but I had a side theory that Rei "seeing" Miku and Kei's dreams is what gives them the camera, since they both sound like they'd been dreaming of the Manor before her but it's only then they find it.

Does anyone know why some images need to be developed too?  It's a Rei-specific thing so I thought it might be something to do with her being the priestess, but I've got nothing.  Developing the pictures = making the tattoo?  idk.  

#2 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 413 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:59 PM

I think you're right on track with Miku and Kei. It must be their connection to Rei and finding the camera irl that causes it to manifest in their dreams.

As far as why the musty film appears for Rei I assume it has to do with her role as a freelance photographer. Maybe her own spiritual power is resonating in a certain way with the camera that causes it to give her the extra photographs?
  • Hex likes this

#3 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 690 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:28 PM

I've always been under the impression that Miku didn't start dreaming about the manor until after Rei lost Yuu.  Seeing her friend sink into despair caused her to look back on her feelings of being unable to convince Mafuyu to leave Himuro Mansion and caused her to start dreaming about the manor shortly after Rei does.  Given that it's been two years since Mafuyu's death and she hasn't succumbed to the tattoo curse it leads me to think that she doesn't start dreaming about it till after Rei does. 

Given all that Miku has been through and how she likely wanted to honor his sacrifice after he chose it she may have made peace with it on a surface level but Rei's situation with Yuu causes that wound to re-open and makes her begin to feel guilty for surviving when he didn't.  In the ending of 1 notice how she starts walking towards Mafuyu to try to convince him to change his mind but she gets teleported out of the mansion (Only reason I can think that she'd wake up in the ending) after the ceiling caves in on himself.  She probably feels guilty because she thinks she didn't try hard enough to convince him to leave with her.  The only reason that she doesn't start dreaming of the manor before now is because of the speech Mafuyu gives her at the end of the game.

#4 OFFLINE   Chrysalis

Chrysalis

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 82 posts
  • LocationThrough the Looking Glass

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:40 PM

I've always been under the impression that Miku didn't start dreaming about the manor until after Rei lost Yuu.  Seeing her friend sink into despair caused her to look back on her feelings of being unable to convince Mafuyu to leave Himuro Mansion and caused her to start dreaming about the manor shortly after Rei does.  Given that it's been two years since Mafuyu's death and she hasn't succumbed to the tattoo curse it leads me to think that she doesn't start dreaming about it till after Rei does. 

Given all that Miku has been through and how she likely wanted to honor his sacrifice after he chose it she may have made peace with it on a surface level but Rei's situation with Yuu causes that wound to re-open and makes her begin to feel guilty for surviving when he didn't.  In the ending of 1 notice how she starts walking towards Mafuyu to try to convince him to change his mind but she gets teleported out of the mansion (Only reason I can think that she'd wake up in the ending) after the ceiling caves in on himself.  She probably feels guilty because she thinks she didn't try hard enough to convince him to leave with her.  The only reason that she doesn't start dreaming of the manor before now is because of the speech Mafuyu gives her at the end of the game.

That was largely my impression as well, that Miku didn't start dreaming about the manor until after Rei did. Or at least she wasn't dreaming in the sense of wandering the manor before that point, but rather more normal guilt dreams? I don't know, that is just how I always took it.

Edited by Chrysalis, 16 August 2017 - 10:41 PM.

Such order in the midst of chaos makes me woozy and disoriented.

#5 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 777 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

That's what I think happened too.  When I say before, I mean maybe a few days or weeks before Rei, but it makes sense if it was right after the shrine too.  Miku's the first to succumb so I thought that might indicate she was the first to experience it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users