Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (12 October 2017 - 12:37 PM) Maybe Spirit Camera since I don't replay that very often...
GreekShadow : (12 October 2017 - 02:45 PM) I might replay FF3.Not sure if I should start a brand new playthrough or one with my unlockes though hmmm.I have years to play FF3 ;_;
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) Just think: yukatas.   :icon_ff3miku1:
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) (Why Rei doesn't have a blue one will forever be a mystery)
asagi : (12 October 2017 - 04:37 PM) I want to replay the games but mom threw the ps3 out of the window :zca rei:
Eisenalex : (12 October 2017 - 11:16 PM) Why would she do that?
Eisenalex : (14 October 2017 - 11:30 AM) I just learned that there's apparently a manga based on Siren made by Junji Ito.
Hex : (15 October 2017 - 01:11 PM) If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's unsurprisingly pretty gross.
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 02:20 PM) It's Junji Ito. Of course it gets either super weird or gross, lol.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 03:15 PM) And me being curious I had to look it up. Yup definitely gross XD
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:17 PM) Did you think it was that bad? I enjoy Ito's stuff a lot.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 05:32 PM) Meh.. It wasn't all that bad. Just more unsettling than "gross". Those weird worm girls or whatever are way worse *cringes*
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:41 PM) I'm not sure what you mean by "worm girls". He did a couple of slug-transformations, though.
NightmarePic... : (16 October 2017 - 11:02 PM) That was it.. yup lol
Hex : (17 October 2017 - 05:33 PM) My new washing machine makes jingles whenever it's finished like an ice cream van.
NightmarePic... : (17 October 2017 - 06:12 PM) I... don't think that's good Hex.. You might want to check what's in there other than clothes lol
Kouta Koikawa : (17 October 2017 - 06:28 PM) Maybe they come with entertaining sound effects these days.
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:15 PM) A lot of the new ones are supposed to chime to let you know when the cycle is done
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:16 PM) Mine does, at least
Eisenalex : (17 October 2017 - 09:59 PM) The future is now.

Photo
- - - - -

3's mysterious camera

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 758 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

3's camera is weird.  It's broken, but appears functionable in the dreams of our protagonists.  Film materialises inside it in the real world of images it couldn't capture properly in the dream.  It also doesn't seem like an accident our characters stumble onto it.

Why do you guys think that is?  Is it the result of coming into contact with one in the real world, or does anyone in the dream have an equal chance of encountering it?  I'm leaning towards the former, but I had a side theory that Rei "seeing" Miku and Kei's dreams is what gives them the camera, since they both sound like they'd been dreaming of the Manor before her but it's only then they find it.

Does anyone know why some images need to be developed too?  It's a Rei-specific thing so I thought it might be something to do with her being the priestess, but I've got nothing.  Developing the pictures = making the tattoo?  idk.  

#2 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 400 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:59 PM

I think you're right on track with Miku and Kei. It must be their connection to Rei and finding the camera irl that causes it to manifest in their dreams.

As far as why the musty film appears for Rei I assume it has to do with her role as a freelance photographer. Maybe her own spiritual power is resonating in a certain way with the camera that causes it to give her the extra photographs?
  • Hex likes this

#3 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

• Spirited Aways
  • 675 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:28 PM

I've always been under the impression that Miku didn't start dreaming about the manor until after Rei lost Yuu.  Seeing her friend sink into despair caused her to look back on her feelings of being unable to convince Mafuyu to leave Himuro Mansion and caused her to start dreaming about the manor shortly after Rei does.  Given that it's been two years since Mafuyu's death and she hasn't succumbed to the tattoo curse it leads me to think that she doesn't start dreaming about it till after Rei does. 

Given all that Miku has been through and how she likely wanted to honor his sacrifice after he chose it she may have made peace with it on a surface level but Rei's situation with Yuu causes that wound to re-open and makes her begin to feel guilty for surviving when he didn't.  In the ending of 1 notice how she starts walking towards Mafuyu to try to convince him to change his mind but she gets teleported out of the mansion (Only reason I can think that she'd wake up in the ending) after the ceiling caves in on himself.  She probably feels guilty because she thinks she didn't try hard enough to convince him to leave with her.  The only reason that she doesn't start dreaming of the manor before now is because of the speech Mafuyu gives her at the end of the game.

#4 OFFLINE   Chrysalis

Chrysalis

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 81 posts
  • LocationThrough the Looking Glass

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:40 PM

I've always been under the impression that Miku didn't start dreaming about the manor until after Rei lost Yuu.  Seeing her friend sink into despair caused her to look back on her feelings of being unable to convince Mafuyu to leave Himuro Mansion and caused her to start dreaming about the manor shortly after Rei does.  Given that it's been two years since Mafuyu's death and she hasn't succumbed to the tattoo curse it leads me to think that she doesn't start dreaming about it till after Rei does. 

Given all that Miku has been through and how she likely wanted to honor his sacrifice after he chose it she may have made peace with it on a surface level but Rei's situation with Yuu causes that wound to re-open and makes her begin to feel guilty for surviving when he didn't.  In the ending of 1 notice how she starts walking towards Mafuyu to try to convince him to change his mind but she gets teleported out of the mansion (Only reason I can think that she'd wake up in the ending) after the ceiling caves in on himself.  She probably feels guilty because she thinks she didn't try hard enough to convince him to leave with her.  The only reason that she doesn't start dreaming of the manor before now is because of the speech Mafuyu gives her at the end of the game.

That was largely my impression as well, that Miku didn't start dreaming about the manor until after Rei did. Or at least she wasn't dreaming in the sense of wandering the manor before that point, but rather more normal guilt dreams? I don't know, that is just how I always took it.

Edited by Chrysalis, 16 August 2017 - 10:41 PM.

Such order in the midst of chaos makes me woozy and disoriented.

#5 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 758 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

That's what I think happened too.  When I say before, I mean maybe a few days or weeks before Rei, but it makes sense if it was right after the shrine too.  Miku's the first to succumb so I thought that might indicate she was the first to experience it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users