Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:25 PM) And... i went on that diatribe because I was reading earlier posts... oops. :> Going to stop spamming chat up now.
midwinter : (07 October 2018 - 03:32 PM) I heard the rumour about Suda51 too
midwinter : (07 October 2018 - 03:33 PM) I have my doubts that he'd work on another Fatal Frame game, it sounds like FF4 was chaos and he doesn't really do horror anyway
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:47 PM) *nods* Yeah
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:55 PM) ugh... Okay. Well, I got the keycaptcha in, but it isn't working.
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:57 PM) AND... I broke it. *headdesk*
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) and I fixed it.
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) yay
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 07:01 PM) he had that interview too where he said he didnt like how shibata tries to recreate real ghost experiences, so i doubt he'd return  :icon_fallenwoman:
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 07:01 PM) i'd like him to though, ff4 was >>>
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 08:24 PM) a mess but still >>>>
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 09:29 PM) True. There were parts of 4 that I thought were really cool.
Cursed Lemon : (08 October 2018 - 01:29 AM) FF4 was awesome in terms of lore and atmosphere.
ItsukiFace : (08 October 2018 - 07:50 PM) Something ultra wicked, this way comes.
ナガクラ : (09 October 2018 - 06:08 AM) I like the atmosphere of 4
Butterflychaser : (09 October 2018 - 02:16 PM) 4 really was the bees knees. Managed to stray from several elements of the original series whilst retaining the overall feel
Emi : (09 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) agreed. I really loved the playable character twist too.
Chou : (09 October 2018 - 04:13 PM) 4 has honestly taken the top spot from 2 for me, as my #1 fave
Chou : (09 October 2018 - 04:14 PM) Also i like that the bot account is Baymax hahaha
ItsukiFace : (11 October 2018 - 02:53 AM) Hi, Chou. It's nice to see you here. ☺️

Photo

Name subtitle*

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 497 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:31 PM

I don't mean this "based on a true story" thing that was on the box cover. That's a tagline, righto?

What I meant is that after noticing how 2-5 have their own names like "Crimson Butterfly" , "The Tormented" , "Mask of the Lunar Eclipse" & "Maiden of the Black Water" (?) All of these are themed... (In order: a key item from the ritual, tattoos hurting you, the mask is connected to the moon, and the water is an important thing of the world or something whatsoever. They all fit nicely, yes?)

Fatal Frame 1 was the only beginning, but if it were to have their own subtitle, what do you think that it could be?

How about... "The Chase"? or "The Strangling Rope" XD

Huhuhu no.

I suppose those names must be fancy in order to get the gamers' attention. Superb marketing thingy.

* Please do not claim it as official. We are making our own versions just for fun.

If this is a problem then admins/mods please do something

Edited by Rheo, 06 August 2017 - 06:43 PM.

th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo2_250_zps034th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo6_250_zps979  
One, Three, and Four, my favorite characters as of now.
Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:10 PM

I think FF3's Japanese name (Call of the Tattoo) was better than The Tormented; it fits the series pattern of having the title be an image or item that relates to the ritual somehow.

In that vein I definitely think if FF1 had a subtitle it should be something to do with ropes - maybe The Laceration Rope, since that's the name it got in FF3? Or The Strangling Rope! I quite like that one. Though those might be a bit graphic for a title, even as a horror game. How about... The Ropes of Himuro. *dramatic ghost noises*

• Rheo, AnimalLover47999 and MacabrelleEnvy like this

#3 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 497 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:01 PM

I think FF3's Japanese name (Call of the Tattoo) was better than The Tormented; it fits the series pattern of having the title be an image or item that relates to the ritual somehow.

In that vein I definitely think if FF1 had a subtitle it should be something to do with ropes - maybe The Laceration Rope, since that's the name it got in FF3? Or The Strangling Rope! I quite like that one. Though those might be a bit graphic for a title, even as a horror game. How about... The Ropes of Himuro. *dramatic ghost noises*

Ah, I didn't know that but I think Call of the Tattoo sounds better since The Tormented is more like tattoos just appearing suddenly and torturing you everytime you wake up. Maybe more emphasis on its pain or something. Or is it to relate to the moment people get tattoos inked on them and feeling how painful it is?

Ohh, is that so? O: Yay, but yeah... I thought a scary name like that might sound curious or something? And I thought of The Chase because main characters + key people are following one another, like well there's just a string of people vanishing then their connections go to the mansion and find them... and the pattern goes on. XD And well Kirie, you know, in the end? owo

Ahh! I think that one sounds better~ XD The Ropes of Himuro got something to do with... the plot. Lol :v Le gasp, Himuro's ropes! o3o

th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo2_250_zps034th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo6_250_zps979  
Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#4 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:20 AM

Good suggestions!  I like The Laceration Rope.  Maybe "The Rope House" like Rei calls it or "Demon Tag"?

• Rheo likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 497 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:46 PM

Good suggestions!  I like The Laceration Rope.  Maybe "The Rope House" like Rei calls it or "Demon Tag"?

Oh, the former would sound safer and more mysterious maybe? Though it sounds similar to midwinter's suggestion "The Ropes of Himuro" since here Himuro is the household name XD

But the latter, hmmm, I'm not sure if it'd sound misleading... but quite attractive to get the audience's curiosity o:

Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#6 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 419 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:25 PM

I would definitely expect "rope" to be part of the title since all the others (if we go with "Voice of the Tattoo" over "The Tormented" for thr third game) have to do with the main imagery of the ritual. Even Spirit Camera includes "The Cursed Memoir/The Purple Diary" in the title. I like "The Ropes of Himuro" and "The Rope House" because they include another key piece of the game. I would probably use "Manor" over "House" though since it evokes a more antiquated feel and its really more of a mansion than a house lol.

Edited by MacabrelleEnvy, 16 August 2017 - 05:50 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:29 PM

What about.

Zero: The Holy Mirror?

• Rheo, MacabrelleEnvy and Chrysalis like this

#8 OFFLINE   Maya

Maya

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

nawa no miko (rope maiden)
rope mansion/manor/house
the rope curse
the curse of Himuro
the lonely maiden

#9 OFFLINE   PikaLink91

PikaLink91

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 70 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:22 PM

To be a contrarian, I don't like "Call of the Tattoo", that is one instance where I think the localization team made a good call to make it sound more western. They are tattoos, and they hurt you "the tormented". That said though, dumb as I am, it never ocured to me that "The Tormented" was referencing the tattoo appearing on your body, so I interpreted it as perhaps "people (in this case Rei, Miku, and the guy) who are tormented by guilt, tormented by the memories of their loved ones, tormented by trying to chase the dead in the Manor of Sleep.

In general, and please don't hate on me, I often think the Japanese are horrible at coming up with titles. Take the novel that the 2014 movie was based on, the full title being, "Zero: A Curse that Affects Only Girls". Nuh ah, that is way too long for a title, that would be like if Terminator was called, "Terminator: A Story about a Killer Robot from the Future". Sure, it elaborates on what the movie is about, but that kind of information is what you put on the back cover.

Alas, cutting to the chase, I too have often wondered what kind of subtitle the first game would have had. May I suggest, Project Zero: The Rope Shrine Maiden?

.....it's raining again.....

#10 OFFLINE   GregZerO

GregZerO

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 269 posts
  • Location???

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:10 PM

Hmm as for FF3 while I do like the Japanese title more for it's meaning and symbolism and it fits perfect with the Japanese language(even the second Kanji of the japanese word for tattoo() means blue which is the theme colour of the game) , I don't really think that the word "tattoo" in the western world gives the same information and has the same inpact like in Japan.It kinda sounds off-putting to my western ears as a horror title.For that reason I kinda prefer "The Tormented" one for the west,the other one sounds way too random.One could argue that "Crimson Butterfly" is random too but I feel that it manages to give you the mysterious vibe and sounds better to the ear.That being said I'm neither from Japan or an English-speaking country so I guess it's my ears & brain creating this result :P

As for the first game,I like what you guys suggested "Demon Tag".It's in the game,its otherworldy,symbolism,weirdly familiar,demonic and sounds cool!

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#11 OFFLINE   EternalSinger

EternalSinger

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:31 PM

I am very for "Ropes of Himuro". It's not a real nice ring to it, and gives you a bit of what the game is about.
I wish I could come up with some clever names, but alas I am not that creative ha.

#12 OFFLINE   Butterflychaser

Butterflychaser

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:18 PM

Fatal Frame: The Shattered Mirror?

Not to do with the ropes but the mirror is a big part of the game

Or Fatal Frame: Rope Maiden

Fatal Frame: Shattered Ropes

#13 OFFLINE   Rin

Rin

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 34 posts
  • Locationthe Trash Pit

Posted 25 July 2018 - 01:57 AM

Fatal Frame: .............Stringy Girls.
No but I think everyone's offered some great options already!

Edited by Rin, 25 July 2018 - 01:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users