Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 03:36 PM) He deserves a lot more
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:01 PM) Whenever I see Mafuyu say the broken staircase has nothing to do Takamine, I imagine him skidding down it on a sled with Koji and Tomoe.
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:02 PM) Novelists just wanna have fun
Hex : (06 December 2017 - 12:08 PM) Did anyone else not notice the pillars in the Demon Mouth have figures cared into them?  https://s7.postimg.o...3f/IMG_2417.jpg
midwinter : (06 December 2017 - 02:19 PM) oooh, no, that's cool
GreekShadow : (06 December 2017 - 11:58 PM) Lets all agree that in Forbidden Siren 2 ALL the missions with the 2 apartment buildings are the worst
Hex : (07 December 2017 - 12:07 AM) But don't you just love it when everything looks the same?   :chisab:
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 05:34 PM) ;_;
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 07:50 PM) There are chances a new Tenchu has been teased by From Software,if its indeed Tenchu i ll die ,its been 10 years ;_;
Rezz : (09 December 2017 - 12:44 AM) From Software needs to make me another Armored Core
midwinter : (09 December 2017 - 01:48 PM) And where's my Kuon sequel while we're at it
Rheo : (09 December 2017 - 06:39 PM) i thought the name of that game is actually Shadows Die Twice. lol
Hex : (17 December 2017 - 01:59 PM) Phew, we're back.
midwinter : (17 December 2017 - 02:00 PM) \o/
midwinter : (17 December 2017 - 02:00 PM) thank you, Emi! <3
Hex : (17 December 2017 - 02:10 PM) Thank you!
AnimalLover4... : (17 December 2017 - 11:48 PM) Okay, I wasn't the only one not allowed in.
AnimalLover4... : (17 December 2017 - 11:48 PM) Thank you for fixing it Emi.
GreekShadow : (18 December 2017 - 06:04 AM) why did i miss
GreekShadow : (18 December 2017 - 06:04 AM) what*

Photo

Name subtitle*

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 491 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:31 PM

I don't mean this "based on a true story" thing that was on the box cover. That's a tagline, righto?

What I meant is that after noticing how 2-5 have their own names like "Crimson Butterfly" , "The Tormented" , "Mask of the Lunar Eclipse" & "Maiden of the Black Water" (?) All of these are themed... (In order: a key item from the ritual, tattoos hurting you, the mask is connected to the moon, and the water is an important thing of the world or something whatsoever. They all fit nicely, yes?)

Fatal Frame 1 was the only beginning, but if it were to have their own subtitle, what do you think that it could be?

How about... "The Chase"? or "The Strangling Rope" XD

Huhuhu no.

I suppose those names must be fancy in order to get the gamers' attention. Superb marketing thingy.

* Please do not claim it as official. We are making our own versions just for fun.

If this is a problem then admins/mods please do something

Edited by Rheo, 06 August 2017 - 06:43 PM.

th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo2_250_zps034th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo6_250_zps979  
One, Three, and Four, my favorite characters as of now.
Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,127 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:10 PM

I think FF3's Japanese name (Call of the Tattoo) was better than The Tormented; it fits the series pattern of having the title be an image or item that relates to the ritual somehow.

In that vein I definitely think if FF1 had a subtitle it should be something to do with ropes - maybe The Laceration Rope, since that's the name it got in FF3? Or The Strangling Rope! I quite like that one. Though those might be a bit graphic for a title, even as a horror game. How about... The Ropes of Himuro. *dramatic ghost noises*

• Rheo, AnimalLover47999 and MacabrelleEnvy like this

#3 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 491 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:01 PM

I think FF3's Japanese name (Call of the Tattoo) was better than The Tormented; it fits the series pattern of having the title be an image or item that relates to the ritual somehow.

In that vein I definitely think if FF1 had a subtitle it should be something to do with ropes - maybe The Laceration Rope, since that's the name it got in FF3? Or The Strangling Rope! I quite like that one. Though those might be a bit graphic for a title, even as a horror game. How about... The Ropes of Himuro. *dramatic ghost noises*

Ah, I didn't know that but I think Call of the Tattoo sounds better since The Tormented is more like tattoos just appearing suddenly and torturing you everytime you wake up. Maybe more emphasis on its pain or something. Or is it to relate to the moment people get tattoos inked on them and feeling how painful it is?

Ohh, is that so? O: Yay, but yeah... I thought a scary name like that might sound curious or something? And I thought of The Chase because main characters + key people are following one another, like well there's just a string of people vanishing then their connections go to the mansion and find them... and the pattern goes on. XD And well Kirie, you know, in the end? owo

Ahh! I think that one sounds better~ XD The Ropes of Himuro got something to do with... the plot. Lol :v Le gasp, Himuro's ropes! o3o

th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo2_250_zps034th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo6_250_zps979  
Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#4 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 783 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:20 AM

Good suggestions!  I like The Laceration Rope.  Maybe "The Rope House" like Rei calls it or "Demon Tag"?

• Rheo likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 491 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:46 PM

Good suggestions!  I like The Laceration Rope.  Maybe "The Rope House" like Rei calls it or "Demon Tag"?

Oh, the former would sound safer and more mysterious maybe? Though it sounds similar to midwinter's suggestion "The Ropes of Himuro" since here Himuro is the household name XD

But the latter, hmmm, I'm not sure if it'd sound misleading... but quite attractive to get the audience's curiosity o:

Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#6 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 416 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:25 PM

I would definitely expect "rope" to be part of the title since all the others (if we go with "Voice of the Tattoo" over "The Tormented" for thr third game) have to do with the main imagery of the ritual. Even Spirit Camera includes "The Cursed Memoir/The Purple Diary" in the title. I like "The Ropes of Himuro" and "The Rope House" because they include another key piece of the game. I would probably use "Manor" over "House" though since it evokes a more antiquated feel and its really more of a mansion than a house lol.

Edited by MacabrelleEnvy, 16 August 2017 - 05:50 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 702 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:29 PM

What about.

Zero: The Holy Mirror?

• Rheo, MacabrelleEnvy and Chrysalis like this

#8 OFFLINE   Maya

Maya