Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) I'm fine.
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: Which game has the best precursor characters? (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game has the best precursor characters?

1. Fatal Frame (Junsei Takamine, Tomoe Hirasaka, Koji Ogata) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Fatal Frame II/Deep Crimson Butterfly (Miyako Sudo, Masumi Makimura) (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Fatal Frame III: The Tormented/Call of the Tattoo (Yoshino Takigawa) (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

4. Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (Madoka Tsukimori) (3 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

5. Fatal Frame V: Maiden of Black Water (Fuyuhi Himino) (3 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

6. Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir/Fatal Frame: The Purple Diary (Akira Hanabusa, Kaito Hasabe, Shiori Hasabe, Kaori, Saki, Rina & brother)) (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

• Spirited Aways
  • 675 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:03 AM

So, thinking over how each game has a few characters who are still alive at some point during the game but are unable to be saved by the time the main character has been tangled into the curse, I wanted to see which game people thought had the best of these characters and if possible why they are their favorites.

The reason I'm including Rina, her brother, Saki, and Kaori in this is because that was released alongside Spirit Camera and ignoring the fact that they're playing a video game on a 3DS system it could very well fit within the game's storyline, and because I think that was a very well executed piece of promotional material.

In what ways do you think they could continue to improve upon these types of characters going forward?

Edited by AnimalLover47999, 24 June 2017 - 12:05 AM.

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:24 AM

I've always had a soft spot for Yoshino. Her mental state in the first chapters really drives home how bleak and miserable and inescapable the manor is, and "You're not like me?" really stuck with me.

Second would be Fuyuhi. I think I just like that she approaches you for help, and Yuuri almost manages to save her; it makes the whole thing seem more personal.

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:28 PM

In terms of build up, the novelist's group is my favourite for leaving behind so much found footagey stuff at the start.  Ghostly audio tapes, Koji's photo, hitodama, notes and visions - it's all good nightmare fuel.

As for character, it would be Fuyuhi for the reasons mid mentioned.  Her awkward pauses and silences makes you feel like she's constantly holding something back, like there's something she wants to say but can't.  I think it fits with Yuuri's mindset quite well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Junsei Takamine, Tomoe Hirasaka, Koji Ogata, Miyako Sudo, Masumi Makimura, Yoshino Takigawa, Madoka Tsukimori, Fuyuhi Himino, Kaito Hasabe, Shiori Hasabe, Akira Hanabusa, Rina, Rinas Brother, Saki, Kaori

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users