Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (30 November 2017 - 01:50 PM) Anyone else got snow?  Brr.
midwinter : (30 November 2017 - 02:55 PM) Yes  :icon_fallenwoman:
Eisenalex : (30 November 2017 - 03:21 PM) Not yet, unfortunately. I need temperatures to drop below 0°C during the day.
AnimalLover4... : (01 December 2017 - 03:27 AM) Lucky.  I love snow.
asagi : (01 December 2017 - 09:32 PM) I wonder when will the temperature be below 20C
Hex : (04 December 2017 - 07:33 PM) psst, midwinter, the FF3 reframing video's out and it's great: https://m.youtube.co...h?v=-f4e3zSFSEE
GreekShadow : (04 December 2017 - 08:32 PM) why does that guy has only so little views
midwinter : (04 December 2017 - 10:26 PM) ohhh, thank you! i'll have to watch it tomorrow now, but i'm looking forward to it
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 03:36 PM) He deserves a lot more
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:01 PM) Whenever I see Mafuyu say the broken staircase has nothing to do Takamine, I imagine him skidding down it on a sled with Koji and Tomoe.
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:02 PM) Novelists just wanna have fun
Hex : (06 December 2017 - 12:08 PM) Did anyone else not notice the pillars in the Demon Mouth have figures cared into them?  https://s7.postimg.o...3f/IMG_2417.jpg
midwinter : (06 December 2017 - 02:19 PM) oooh, no, that's cool
GreekShadow : (06 December 2017 - 11:58 PM) Lets all agree that in Forbidden Siren 2 ALL the missions with the 2 apartment buildings are the worst
Hex : (07 December 2017 - 12:07 AM) But don't you just love it when everything looks the same?   :chisab:
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 05:34 PM) ;_;
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 07:50 PM) There are chances a new Tenchu has been teased by From Software,if its indeed Tenchu i ll die ,its been 10 years ;_;
Rezz : (09 December 2017 - 12:44 AM) From Software needs to make me another Armored Core
midwinter : (09 December 2017 - 01:48 PM) And where's my Kuon sequel while we're at it
Rheo : (09 December 2017 - 06:39 PM) i thought the name of that game is actually Shadows Die Twice. lol

Photo
- - - - -

Has anyone ever dreamed of Fatal Frame?

Fatal Frame Series Fatal Frame IRL

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Itsuki

Itsuki

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:44 AM

Recently I dreamed with Mio going to the Abyss, but instead of facing Sae, she encountered the ghost of Yae, but precisely Yae as she appears in Fatal Frame I.

The strangest thing is that she shot huge green balls of energy, so unfortunately Mio died quickly. :(

I also dreamed with Itsuki with a cart inside one of the houses of Minakami Village. He had a strange hat that looked like the Pyramid Head of Silent Hill. That's because I've never played Silent Hill.

Does anyone else have strange dreams with Fatal Frame?

#2 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 783 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:41 AM

I've dreamt I discovered a hidden chapter where you play as Rui in the shop and do some investigating.  I remember being so happy she had her own things to say when you examined the environment.  :P

#3 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 416 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:37 PM

I've had so many. I dreamt that my agfa bellows camera was a real camera obscura, that my sisters and I were stuck in the lost village, and even that I was walking through the snowy Manor of Sleep. I think I remember another one where I was supposedly stuck in the moon well from the first game!

#4 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,127 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:07 PM

I've dreamt I discovered a hidden chapter where you play as Rui in the shop and do some investigating.  I remember being so happy she had her own things to say when you examined the environment.   :P

Aww, now I wish this was true!

I haven't had dreams where I'm a character in the games, though that would be cool and I wish I would. But I have had a few where I'm playing and discover secret endings or sidequests that no one knows about. I always get really excited about telling everyone on BCL, lol. Once I dreamed there was a bonus ending to FF2 where you could come back to the Lost Village as Yae, and she'd explore more of the cave system under the village and eventually be killed by Sae.

#5 OFFLINE   Gbarchetta

Gbarchetta

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:38 PM

I'm jealous, lol! I've never had any Fatal Frame dreams :/ 

But I had a dream about RE7. I was laying in bed with my eyes open and a I saw Jack and Marguerite standing next to my bed. And I was like: "Damn, I've put off my VR headset, you guys shouldn't be here" :-) 

#6 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 281 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:43 PM

Back when I first discovered Fatal Frame. I fell in love with Fatal Frame 3 and wanted it so bad. That I wound up dreaming I was in the game and for some reason I was at my grandmother's house (which I haven't seen in forever) and I had the camera obscura and was being chased by maidens that look like Hisame (from the dream Rei has were she's being pinned to the floor and all 4 maidens looked like Hisame) and I tripped and fell and dropped the camera... and then I woke up :/

Edited by TomoChan, 31 May 2017 - 08:52 PM.

a80Suw0.png

#7 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 702 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:59 PM

I've had several dreams about Fatal Frame 2 (But none about 3 why!?).  Almost always involve being chased by the Kusabi throughout the village.

Just the other night I dreamt that I was Mio and Mayu was in a distorted lost village version of my home and we were on a set timer to hide before Sae appeared to kill us both.  It was really scary because whenever I'd find a good hiding spot and get in Mayu would wander off to another part of the room and Sae was getting closer and closer...)

#8 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 783 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:12 PM

I actually had another last night.  Rei, Miku and myself were sleeping in futons in the downstairs altar room.  For some reason, we knew no one else existed on earth and whatever had caused it was coming for us.  There was this pervasive darkness in the house that we kept closing doors to escape from.  Somehow, a ghost came through a cell phone Miku tried to use to call for help (girl, who?) and Rei gazed out the window, numb, while the shadow crept in and got us.

I'm serious.

#9 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 702 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:43 AM

I had a dream last night that I was Yuuri on Mt. Hikami and the Kusabi suddenly appeared and began chasing me.

#10 OFFLINE   spookyfan2

spookyfan2

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:31 AM

I have plenty of dreams that involve investigating some haunted location, and I always have the Camera Obscura with me. Thank goodness for that!

#11 OFFLINE   WildCoyote140

WildCoyote140

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:28 PM

I've had strange, premonition-like dreams when it comes to Fatal Frame.

Before Fatal Frame IV was even announced, I dreamed about the battle you have with Tsubaki and the five Kanade. Same location, same ghosts, etc. When I finally played Fatal Frame IV and saw that area and battle, I was pretty shocked haha.

There have been plenty of misses though, too. Before Fatal Frame V's announcement I dreamed the theme color would be orange and the game would center around fire. As you can see, I was surprised to see Yuri was wearing orange, however there sure was a lot of water . . . =) I've also dreamed we would have a ghost that had been a victim of sexual assault, ghosts who had been burned and appeared as charred, etc. My dreams seem to focus more on what will happen in future games, rather than stuff that had happened in previous games. I always write them down, just in case . . .  :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame Series, Fatal Frame IRL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users