Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) I'm fine.
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.

Photo
- - - - -

Their role in the Kiraigou ?

kiraigou theory

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:27 PM

After 1/2 hour searching an answer to my question on the forums, I've decided to create a topic about it, since I have my own theory B-)

So, we know that the 5 kidnapped girls (Ruka, Misaki, Madoka, Marie, Tomoe) performed the Kiraigou, and I assume that they were each assigned a role (singing, flute, drums, chimes and strings) right? Well my question is, do we know who had X role ?

And if not, do you have your own theory about it? Or maybe I'm wrong and no instruments were used in the Kiraigou ?

On the BCL wikia, I saw on the Spirit List that the five Kanade who performed the Kagura (with Tsubaki) each had had a different fate (for instance, about the 'Song' Kanade, her 'voice became dry and raspy', see more here) , so I tried to link these Kanades' fates with the 5 kidnapped girls'. Okay so it's a little far-fetched but here's my theory;

-Ruka was the 'Chimes' Kanade, as the other one who 'lost her memory and left the island'.

-Misaki was the 'Sing' one, as the other one whose 'voice became dry and raspy' -> could be metaphor to say Misaki became "curt" (see how she talks to Madoka in the Opening Cutscene?)

-Madoka was the 'Flute' Kanade, as the other one who was 'unable to laugh after the Kagura' -> it fits, because Madoka appears as an anxious and frightened girl, scared that Misaki would remember Miya

- Marie & Tomoe were the 'Drums' and 'Strings' Kanade, as the other ones ultimately went missing and/or died -> in the beginning of the game, they're already dead, so it fits!

Here is my two cents theory haha, if you have an answer to my question or your own theory, well... your turn B-)

198003testsakuya.png

#2 OFFLINE   Maya

Maya

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:42 PM

I always assumed that Misaki was the flute Kanade since the chapter 8 picture for the chapter Sakuya depicts her with the flute.
Ruka's mask is shown when you enter her room at Rougetsu kan. It has a big opening for the mouth which is why I assumed that she was the sing Kanade.

Attached Files

Edited by Maya, 26 February 2017 - 05:43 PM.

• BatCountry likes this

#3 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:02 PM

Oh good call I'd never realized :0 Well it could fits my theory as well; Misaki seems like a serious girl and is never shown smiling (she even cries), so the fact the other Kanade was 'never able to laugh again' could apply to her as well :P 

But about Ruka's mask, weren't all their masks the same? That's why I've never been able to figure out what their roles were; in the first cutscene of the game, when Madoka reminds herself of the Kiraigou, You puts a mask on her face, which is the exact same one as Ruka's, with its mouth opened.

Thank you though for the Chapter8 picture, good point!

198003testsakuya.png

#4 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:28 PM

Ooh, I like the idea of applying the spirit list Kanade fates to the kidnapped girls. I've been scratching my head about that for a while, because the Kagura Kanade obviously all died during the ritual. I always figured Ruka was Song too, because when You puts the mask on her she starts... not exactly singing, but vocalising, for lack of a better word. I wish we got a better look at the real Kanade masks, because the ones for the Kiraigou make it obvious who's in which role.

#5 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:33 PM

Yeah, I've been scratching my head too, since the first I played the game actually :')

Yes I agree, they must have died during the ritual but the spirit list saying they survived has always, I don't know how to put it, off put me/make me wonder ?

Watching the cutscene again, it's true Ruka seems to 'sing', although I'd rather say she's going 'wtf is going on? uh? uh? oooh?'  x)

Yes me too, even watching this entire video showing all the cutscenes is not enough to figure out who is who... (maybe I missed something though)

But I remember I saw, one time while playing, they all had the same mask.... oh, I found it! 

If you watch the video at 01:19, you'll see what Madoka's mask looked like ('cause it's a flashback), and then from 31:09 to 31:29 we can see Misaki's mask

= they look the same, so I actually think we can't tell who is who by looking at their mask ( but hey, that's just a theory B) ) o/

(though I must say they actually used the same video clip of You  holding the mask for both scenes lol, bad Tecmo!)

The world may never know who was who B)

198003testsakuya.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kiraigou, theory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users