Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Rezz : (29 May 2017 - 10:32 PM) June marks the end of the two-month embargo on playing P5 characters. Bahahahah!
suprimeking : (29 May 2017 - 10:33 PM) i wanna see chapter 3 of bendy and the ink machine
suprimeking : (29 May 2017 - 10:33 PM) meglovania \0/
Eisenalex : (29 May 2017 - 10:34 PM) Oh, yeah, bendy. I'll probably get chapter 2 during summer sale.
Eisenalex : (29 May 2017 - 10:34 PM) Rezz: RP?
Rezz : (29 May 2017 - 10:37 PM) Yep!
suprimeking : (29 May 2017 - 10:37 PM) what's your favorite type of dere
Rezz : (29 May 2017 - 10:48 PM) truth or dere  :laughter:
suprimeking : (29 May 2017 - 10:54 PM) shoulda seen that coming from you
Rezz : (29 May 2017 - 11:07 PM) You'll never see it cominnnnnnnnnnnnnng
suprimeking : (29 May 2017 - 11:09 PM) that so
Rezz : (29 May 2017 - 11:09 PM) You'll see that my mind is too fast for eyes
Rezz : (29 May 2017 - 11:09 PM) You're done iiiiiiiiiiin
Rezz : (29 May 2017 - 11:10 PM) By the time it's hit you, your last surpriiiiiiiiiiiiise
Rezz : (29 May 2017 - 11:11 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=rGib7E4CpLM Everything can be a P5 reference now
suprimeking : (29 May 2017 - 11:12 PM) oh god...
Rezz : (29 May 2017 - 11:36 PM) :beard:
suprimeking : (30 May 2017 - 12:07 AM) i'm going to bed
Rezz : (30 May 2017 - 03:42 AM) (Sup's gone, partay time
midwinter : (30 May 2017 - 08:41 AM) well, now i know what i'm going to have in my head all day

Photo
- - - - -

I noticed something in the photo "Warped Twins".

Warped Twins Yae Kurosawa Sae Kurosawa Fatal Frame II Chitose Tachibana Itsuki Tachibana Mutsuki Tachibana Fatal Frame Camera Obscura

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Itsuki

Itsuki

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:06 AM

Another old re-post I did in the old forum. :)

I want to talk about "Warped Twins" photo:

Blurtwins.jpg

Sae wrote that "My face looked strange, but it was interesting to see."

But look at Yae's hairstyle. This hairstyle (with a piece of trimmed fringe) is of Sae, not Yae. I noticed from the other photos their:

Saek.png
Yaebio.png

tumblr_olp7l226q01rvqp42o4_1280.png

Is Yae's face that is warped.

This may have been only a mistake or not. But if it is common for the twins, who have to be sacrificed, have their face warped in the pictures, then why does this never happen with Mayu?

Another strange photo:

Tachibanafamily.jpg

First, neither twin has a warped face. Besides, who made this picture? It could not have been Sejiro, because he came after the ritual of the Tachibana.

Sae describes the camera obscura as a special and interesting box, which means that this was not something normal in the village. It may have been simply an outsider who can not show this to the Kurosawa twins. It can also be a normal camera, which explains why none of the twins seems to have something abnormal like "Sae."

What do you think?

Edited by Itsuki, 21 February 2017 - 02:06 AM.

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:20 AM

Ahh, so it was you who posted this the first time! We had a thread with some discussion about this a few years ago too - it seems like the creators got Sae and Yae mixed up sometimes.

Now you mention it, it is interesting that the same effect never shows up with Mayu, although she does get the hands in the Great Hall. I always thought the distortion was a mark of Sae being the sacrifice, because it's kind of visually similar to the headless twin on the deities statues, but I suppose you could also theorise that it's some kind of sign of the Repentance to come. Or maybe you could say that the photos aren't just about the subject but about who's holding the camera, so possibly it would only have appeared when Seijiro was taking the picture, since he and Sae kind of have a shared horrible fate awaiting them.

Good point about the Tachibanas photo, too. There's a similar question about who took the White-Haired Boy photo - that's not one Mio takes, she finds it lying in the cell, but who could have taken a picture of Itsuki trapped in the storehouse? Maybe those are just images that appeared in photos of different subjects. I quite like the idea of Ryozo stealing borrowing the camera and taking a couple of random pictures that end up showing Itsuki because he's worried about him.

#3 OFFLINE   Eiko82

Eiko82

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:43 PM

Funny. I never thought that was a mistake. I thought Sae just commented on her face looking weird 'cause it was possibly the first time she had her photo taken. When we look in mirrors, we actually see a reverse-image of ourselves, which is why often people will think they look 'weird' in photos. I know I do.

I always assumed that Yae's face was warped/scratched out due to Sae's resentment towards her sister.

kuontag.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warped Twins, Yae Kurosawa, Sae Kurosawa, Fatal Frame II, Chitose Tachibana, Itsuki Tachibana, Mutsuki Tachibana, Fatal Frame, Camera Obscura

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users