Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:29 PM) Ok, playing with headphones is definitely superior
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:31 PM) I knew the music in Rei's house changed after Miku's chapters start but I never noticed it has these little bumps and rustles that make it sound like something's moving in the house
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) also there is more ghost talk during Kei's phone call!
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) i couldn't hear most of it, though, I need to listen again
Hex : (08 November 2017 - 06:12 PM) Yesss, headphones.  I think you can hear doors being closed in Rei's house too.
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:03 PM) Damn, I didn't know they were closing down the miiverse until too late.  My screenshots.  :(
midwinter : (09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM) Argh, no backups? That sucks :(
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM) On the bright side, I still have an album full of pretty scenery and Hisoka looking confused.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) Nintendo shouldn't have shut down Miiverse.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) People loved it.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) And they should have incorporated it onto the Switch.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM) Finally finished TEW2, t'was excellent.
GreekShadow : (12 November 2017 - 05:14 AM) I'm glad you enjoed it Hex!How was it comparing to the first one though(,which i personally disliked)?
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) I've only played the first for a few hours (didn't like it much either), but it was a big improvement.  The gameplay is fun, the stealth works a lot better, the open world map isn't too big but there's sidequests (one with a cool ghost lady!) and some interesting things to do.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:17 PM) I was really impressed with the story since it was one of the things that put me off the first. The last 20 minutes were so good, definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
Daz Hinasaki : (12 November 2017 - 07:17 PM) Hey guys I'm finishing fatal frame 1 on my twitch channel tonight! :) love you to join me https://www.twitch.tv/chunzbunz
GreekShadow : (13 November 2017 - 05:36 AM) oh sounds cool thank you hex!And for me also the story of the first one put me off,glad the second one is better
Hex : (16 November 2017 - 12:01 PM) TIL: ghost marriage is actually practiced in China.   :staffsan:
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) O_O
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) oh yeah there's a local movie here called The Ghost Bride and the actress playing that is half-Chinese

Photo
- - - - -

Favorite Box Art

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Your favorite design of the box art~! (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one do you like the most?

1. Fatal Frame I (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Fatal Frame II (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Fatal Frame III (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Fatal Frame IV (3 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

5. Fatal Frame V (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

6. FF2 Deep Crimson Butterfly (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:32 PM

Uhh, I like the box cover art of Fatal Frame IV. It just looks good to me, like it's not a cliche, well honestly imo.

The rest were alright, but this one seemed to attract me a lot o:

Runner-ups to me are:

1. Fatal Frame V, where I like the color scheme in this place,

2. Fatal Frame III (US) for its duality concept (Rei on top, water on bottom where Ruka can be faintly? seen), and

3. Fatal Frame II Deep Crimson Butterfly (JP) because um, colors. it's good. Lol.

All in order haha ^^;

th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo2_250_zps034th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo6_250_zps979  
One, Three, and Four, my favorite characters as of now.
Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#2 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 202 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:53 PM

Fatal Frame 5 box art ( JP version )

https://sickr.files....i_u_box_art.jpg

It is the definition of perfection because it really capture the concept and the environment of the game + it looks really good with the dark Wii u logo for Cero rated games.
  • Rheo likes this

#3 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 691 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:52 PM

Can there be a tie?  I like 1 and 2's Japanese box arts equally.  Miku being unconscious with ropes around her wrists, ankles, and neck is iconic, and Mio and Mayu facing each other back to back while Crimson Butterflies pour into the sky sets the theme of the game very well.

3 and 4 have really good box art as well but I prefer 1 and 2's.

Deep Crimson Butterfly's Japanese artwork is honestly kind of lame in my opinion.  It's well rendered and the lanterns are pretty but it doesn't symbolize Mio and Mayu's importance to the story and the themes of the game at all.  I would have preferred the unused Sae artwork for it in order to better compare it to the EU box art.

5's might be my favorite if they had done something between the two people on the box art.  If Miu had been omitted entirely and had been used in a future game with a plausible family background, and had Hisoka as the second main character (Although she kind of already is in terms of story importance) then it might have been my favorite one.  I liked it a lot before I played the game so if it actually symbolized something in the game like 1 and 2's box arts do then I'd like it more.

#4 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 777 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:23 AM

They're all quite nice, but I'd have to go with 5's European version.  The lighter colours are much easier on the eye than the slightly off-putting dark blue/green filter and kanji that looked kinda bloated.

5's might be my favorite if they had done something between the two people on the box art.  If Miu had been omitted entirely and had been used in a future game with a plausible family background, and had Hisoka as the second main character (Although she kind of already is in terms of story importance) then it might have been my favorite one.

Oo, you know who might've been a better fit?  Ouse.  Probably spoilerish, but it'd work thematically, especially with Ouse being the one upside down like she's falling.  

• Rheo and AnimalLover47999 like this

#5 OFFLINE   Eisenalex

Eisenalex

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 29 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:40 AM

FF I (JP) > DCB (JP) > FF IV > FF III (JP) > FF V, in my opinion. I still like the FF V boxart, though.
In my opinion the Japanese box art is often better than the American and European ones (with V being an exception, I agree with Hex on that one), since those designs are often too busy to me, that they don't represent the tone of the games too well.

Helga stundin komin,
allt er orðið hlytt.

#6 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 691 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:36 PM

They're all quite nice, but I'd have to go with 5's European version.  The lighter colours are much easier on the eye than the slightly off-putting dark blue/green filter and kanji that looked kinda bloated.

Oo, you know who might've been a better fit?  Ouse.  Probably spoilerish, but it'd work thematically, especially with Ouse being the one upside down like she's falling.  

Yeah, the European box art is a lot prettier.  I get they might have been going for the water being impure but in terms of box art it just looks polluted and gross with the unnatural green and blue coloration.  I wish there was a render of that version of the art work without the title and rating on it.

Ouse would have been a fantastic fit.  Maybe they could have had Hisoka as a hidden face in the water in the middle to symbolize how Yuuri more or less chooses one over the other in the endings?  I always got the feeling that Yuuri was kind of forced into choosing Ouse in the bad ending because you need to have the black water covering you to get it but that is a cool way of thinking about it.

I neglected to mention it last night but special mention goes to the JP Xbox version's Fatal Frame 1 box art.  Miku in the kimono with ropes around her is also very iconic looking.  They also kept her Japanese design for the box art which I like.

Edited by AnimalLover47999, 06 June 2017 - 03:41 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:52 AM

Hmmm, I can quite see that. I'd agree with you about it since it looked realistically clearer than the Japanese version. It looks really light with the eyes rather than the other one. As for the kanji, I think that's been a thing for the JP box art?

th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo2_250_zps034th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo6_250_zps979  
One, Three, and Four, my favorite characters as of now.
Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users