Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (22 April 2017 - 09:44 PM) Cannibal
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 09:48 PM) yeah
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 09:54 PM) is this the next fatal frame plot
Hex : (22 April 2017 - 10:08 PM) Hopefully not
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:09 PM) i agree
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:10 PM) cannibal ghosts would be a nope
Hex : (22 April 2017 - 10:11 PM) Not that, I just don't think it suits Fatal Frame
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:12 PM) ms dubstep bought me a glue gun.....i'm not sure how to feel about this
Hex : (22 April 2017 - 10:12 PM) What for?
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:13 PM) to build a model of the black pearl
Zuhna : (22 April 2017 - 10:15 PM) no. Everyone starved and turned into ghosts and now they haunt pizza places
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:15 PM) she keeps making innudendo's unintionally XD
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:16 PM) zuhna, lets not cross over into fnaf here
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:27 PM) i feel like writing
suprimeking : (23 April 2017 - 12:00 AM) that's enough writing for now, i'm off
Hex : (23 April 2017 - 01:03 PM) Just a few days until Outlast 2.
suprimeking : (23 April 2017 - 01:27 PM) seeing how terrifying the first game was it will no doubt be far better
Hex : (23 April 2017 - 02:28 PM) Hopefully.  I like the look of it so far.
suprimeking : (23 April 2017 - 04:45 PM) i remember watching the demo
suprimeking : (24 April 2017 - 12:00 AM) i'm off

Photo
- - - - -

About the Abyss

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 455 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:19 PM

Logically speaking, I'm curious as to...

In the meme of "Who did this?" ... Who built it? This goes back way long ago so we really don't know yet, but if we consider the people in the village at *that* time to be the first, then it has to be one of them in the character list. And like, in logic, that's a really DEEP(est) pit.

http://bcl.rpen.us/z...e=Hellish_Abyss

"connecting the world of the living to the underworld. The Abyss is responsible for the earthquakes in the Minakami area. The villagers of Minakami took the earthquakes as a bad omen and a sign that the ground needed to be purified."

So the purposes for this place are:

1) Because Japan has earthquakes, the villagers think that it's bad and the ground need to be pure so that it wouldn't cause an earthquake? BUT doesn't that contradict what it says? "The Abyss is responsible for the earthquakes in the Minakami area." So this sounds like, what came first? The chicken or the egg thing.

2) "

Function Gateway to Hell/

"

But why? Because there's an evil spirit living in the ground that tries to attack the village? Who or what?

"A powerful taboo existed around the Hellish Abyss, such that people were forbidden from looking at it, listening to it or talking about it. Anyone who did look at it would be blinded."

Yeah maybe, because of this. Did they also make it their religion too? Because everyone has to keep doing it! @_@

And oh, well it also unleashed that creepy Darkness thing.

Whoever was it that established those traditions? It just couldn't be Ryokan because he was doing the duty as a Ceremony Master, but it could be possible that he was passed along the title from the previous people back then because he was a Remaining. See here: http://bcl.rpen.us/z...Ryokan_Kurosawa

So then nobody knows how it all began. It was just there, in its current time along with the details passed down as well.

More mysteries, and also, videogame logic. TwT

Edited by Rheo, 04 February 2017 - 12:19 PM.

th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo2_250_zps034th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo6_250_zps979  
One, Three, and Four, my favorite characters as of now.
Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#2 OFFLINE   Itsuki

Itsuki

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:56 AM

Well, so far, we can only speculate.

The abyss only causes earthquakes in the village, right? Moreover, darkness only took the village instead of trying to destroy Japan or the whole world. I think this means that the village was cursed long before the darkness. Only they could make the sacrifice as if to pay some sin that their ancestors committed. But how would that explain that Mayu's ritual was possible? Maybe Mio and Mayu were descended from someone who lived there. (Something similar between Yae and Miku.)

Thinking about it, would not it be possible for several villagers to evacuate when they saw that the ritual could fail by doing a ritual with only one twin? Of course, maybe they did not warn him that he had just captured Sae ... But still.

I hope I did not deviate too much from the subject. :)

#3 OFFLINE   Eisenalex

Eisenalex

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:02 PM

I got the impression of the abyss as some kind of "spirit volcano" and that the eruption, which eventually took All Gods' Village and its inhabitants, was comparable to a (super)natural disaster.

Just like the movement of magma can cause earthquakes, the same could be the case with malevolent or tormented spirits that leak into the layers of earth of our world. Indigenous people mistaking a volcano for a mad god and using human sacrifice to calm it are a popular trope in adventure fiction (I have no knowledge of actual tribes doing that, so I'll leave it like that) and this could be some kind of reversal of that trope, in which the sacrifice actually works to calm down a semi-sentient "volcano".

• Rheo likes this

Helga stundin komin,
allt er orðið hlytt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users