Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (14 June 2018 - 10:10 PM) all the rumours and stuff from the thread in the Fatal Frame News forum
midwinter : (14 June 2018 - 11:01 PM) Mr Johnny> I dunno what to say, dude. I'm sure no one wants you to feel tortured. But people shouldn't pretend to believe claims that sound really unlikely just because you're invested in it, either
midwinter : (14 June 2018 - 11:01 PM) I guess just... try not to take things so personally. It's not a reflection on you if people have doubts, it's just common sense
Chou : (15 June 2018 - 02:57 PM) No one is personally attacking you over the rumors, we just have doubts as there's been no other news and no other sources reporting anything
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:09 AM) I know folks I Very much know but it is my strange habbit to open up to strangers
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:11 AM) and I know Very much no one is attacking me I am not a baka but as I said the events of these past years was harsh to me
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:13 AM) even my Zodiac sign feature this strange habit,
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:16 AM) I just wanted to spend my Holiday with you guy and don't understand you as a whole the reason of my struggles cause you never was EVER!!! P.s "baka" is not my intended word, obv.
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:25 AM) I did't intend to make melodrama it is in your codswalloping mind. What a naive thinking.
midwinter : (18 June 2018 - 03:43 PM) Okay, enough. This isn't going anywhere helpful so just drop it, please
midwinter : (18 June 2018 - 04:03 PM) I've been thinking about the FF4 anniversary next month - would anyone be interested in a little drabble/paint art fest or something?
midwinter : (18 June 2018 - 04:03 PM) Nothing big, I just feel bad that we always seem to miss celebrating anniversaries
TomoChan : (18 June 2018 - 11:38 PM) I would be interested! I actually started drawing a picture of the FF4 cast for the anniversary :P hard to believe it's ten years old.
Chou : (19 June 2018 - 06:28 PM) I haven't drawn in foooorever but I'd try and join!
midwinter : (19 June 2018 - 07:02 PM) \o/
midwinter : (19 June 2018 - 07:03 PM) anyone else reading, CONSIDER THIS YOUR PEER PRESSURE
Chou : (19 June 2018 - 07:15 PM) Yeeessss! The spiritual power of all the  ghosts demand you all join!
Chou : (19 June 2018 - 07:16 PM) and hopefully by that point I've finished the game lol
midwinter : (19 June 2018 - 09:31 PM) i'm cheering for you!
Chou : (20 June 2018 - 01:36 PM) \o/ !!! I can't believe it's been 10 years since the game... 8 years since the patch was completed. Craziness!

Photo

XSeed won't be bringing DCB to the US

Deep Crimson Butterfly XSeed Localization News

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

Not really news, but I suppose it's good to have some solid information one way or another. A fan wrote to XSeed, asking whether they'd be bringing FF2: Wii Edition to the US, and XSeed wrote back! Their response:

Hello Sebastian,

Afraid that we have no intention of trying to publish any Fatal Frame titles. Speaking to Tecmo Koei America is going to be your best bet for that title.

Ken @ XSEED Games

Article on Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/59...ke-human-beings

• GregZerO likes this

#2 OFFLINE   Meadz

Meadz

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

It's definitely a step and it's nice that they actually responded with a firm answer.  I like that they even suggested another company to contact about possibly bringing it over.  It's not much but better than nothing.

#3 OFFLINE   GregZerO

GregZerO

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 266 posts
  • Location???

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

XSEED games have published so many games that others didnt want to.I thank them a lot!

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#4 OFFLINE   Lotus Prince

Lotus Prince

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 79 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

That's really cool of XSeed getting back to the fans like that. :)

Well, the good news is that if you mod your Wii, and you have an HDTV, then you can still play this game in English, without requiring translators, if you import the PAL copy. :)

#5 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

I even asked about Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen a year back and said there is nothing they could do because it belongs to Tecmo and Nintendo owns the publishing rights.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#6 OFFLINE   Chasind_Valentine

Chasind_Valentine

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Ehhh oh well!

I like the fact that it at least was released outside of Japan, I think that its at least encouraging for sure! 

But i respect that they did respond like everybody else is saying!

#7 OFFLINE   MaruDashi

MaruDashi

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

Maaan, Japan gets all the good stuff. This blows. But at least they were nice enough to respond unlike other companies *coughNOAcough*

technologiccopy.png

#8 OFFLINE   Jamie

Jamie

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, United States

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

I think it was very polite of them to respond, too.

Does anyone have any idea why this title won't be getting released in the US, though? I know that it probably wouldn't have massive sales here, but you would think it would sell at least as many copies as it would in Europe.

#9 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

I think that they are misinformed.  They still seem to think that Tecmo Koei owns the publishing rights to the game when they don't.  Either way they purchased the rights to The Last Story and Pandora's Tower for North American release so really it's no different here but they sadly don't realize that.

#10 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 431 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

Hey with Mr Iwata now CEO in NA future releases have a good chance of hitting your soil
  • Jamie likes this
 photo flandrebanner.jpg

#11 OFFLINE   Rasma

Rasma

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPRC

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:09 AM

The tree games' (FF IV,Spirits Camera,PZ2Wii) publish rights are owned by Nintendo(mainly) and KT. So it seems no possible for other companies to release those games...

Memory is the highest form of EXISTENCE

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deep Crimson Butterfly, XSeed, Localization, News

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users