Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:05 AM) yeah, there are a couple of different versions, i think
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:06 AM) i tried removing the voiceover from the quiet version, and it's okayish, but it affects the music a bit too because the melody line is someone humming instead of an instrument
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:13 AM) anyway, it's here if you want it!
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) thanks a lot for everything mid :)
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) I really enjoy the soundtrack and i wanted to have it
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:15 PM) no problem! I like it a lot, too, it's very pretty :D
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!

Photo

Is there any connection to games other than Miku?

Miku Hinasaki Re Kurosawa Mio Amakura Fatal Frame I

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Itsuki

Itsuki

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:51 PM

I took some time to play Fatal Frame IV because it was exclusive for Wii (although it's been four years since I've been able to do this) and now it looks like it's going to take me to play Fatal Frame V so I do not care about spoilers.

Is there any connection to the other games besides Miku being protagonist's mother and apparently working in a restaurant called "Kurosawa"? Although I doubt that Rei decided to open a restaurant and went to take vacations. XD  ( This  is most likely that creator referred to his favorite director movie (Akura Kurosawa), but still...)

Anyone else uncomfortable with the jump of almost thirty years? If not already a punctuation mention about Rei and Kei, (or Mio) what do you think about it?

#2 OFFLINE   Rezz

Rezz

Mama Miya

• Spirited Aways
  • 106 posts
  • LocationLurking

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:47 AM

In short: Not really.

Miku had a kid with Mafuyu because the ending of Fatal Frame 3 doesn't matter. Other than that, about the only other reference you get to a past character is Kunihiko Asou finally making his grand debut outside of being some imaginary dude that only exists in folklore notes and one picture without much of a face in the Rougetsu Hall museum.

Rei isn't even mentioned. The Kurosawas (as there are two named in this game) are neither related to her nor each other, nor are they related to Sae/Yae. (Thanks Shibata)

Also the jump's only 20 years. 1986 (FF1) -> 2006 (FF5) Miku hella doesn't look 37. Then again, Sakuya barely looked 40 so.

#3 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:20 AM

The Kurosawas do link to Rei, according to 5's guidebook.  Hisoka is both a relative of Rei and a descendant of the shrine maidens on the mountain who take the surname Kurosawa, but it's a separate group to the one in Minakami.

#4 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:48 AM

- Rei is kinda referenced in the Japanese text, just not by name.

- Yuu does get a passing mention in the in-game memo; they got his name wrong in Japanese and called him Yuu Kurosawa, but that's fixed in the English translation.

- Like Hex said, Hisoka is related to Rei somehow, but that's only in the guidebook. We don't even know whether Hisoka and Rei have met each other.

Otherwise the only connection is Miku and Mafuyu. There's no mention of FF2 or FF4 characters.

#5 OFFLINE   Itsuki

Itsuki

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:45 PM

- Rei is kinda referenced in the Japanese text, just not by name.

- Yuu does get a passing mention in the in-game memo; they got his name wrong in Japanese and called him Yuu Kurosawa, but that's fixed in the English translation.

- Like Hex said, Hisoka is related to Rei somehow, but that's only in the guidebook. We don't even know whether Hisoka and Rei have met each other.

Otherwise the only connection is Miku and Mafuyu. There's no mention of FF2 or FF4 character

Thank you, that's what I wanted to know. :)

Edited by Itsuki, 22 January 2017 - 11:45 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Miku Hinasaki, Re Kurosawa, Mio Amakura, Fatal Frame I

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users