Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (22 April 2017 - 09:44 PM) Cannibal
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 09:48 PM) yeah
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 09:54 PM) is this the next fatal frame plot
Hex : (22 April 2017 - 10:08 PM) Hopefully not
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:09 PM) i agree
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:10 PM) cannibal ghosts would be a nope
Hex : (22 April 2017 - 10:11 PM) Not that, I just don't think it suits Fatal Frame
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:12 PM) ms dubstep bought me a glue gun.....i'm not sure how to feel about this
Hex : (22 April 2017 - 10:12 PM) What for?
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:13 PM) to build a model of the black pearl
Zuhna : (22 April 2017 - 10:15 PM) no. Everyone starved and turned into ghosts and now they haunt pizza places
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:15 PM) she keeps making innudendo's unintionally XD
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:16 PM) zuhna, lets not cross over into fnaf here
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:27 PM) i feel like writing
suprimeking : (23 April 2017 - 12:00 AM) that's enough writing for now, i'm off
Hex : (23 April 2017 - 01:03 PM) Just a few days until Outlast 2.
suprimeking : (23 April 2017 - 01:27 PM) seeing how terrifying the first game was it will no doubt be far better
Hex : (23 April 2017 - 02:28 PM) Hopefully.  I like the look of it so far.
suprimeking : (23 April 2017 - 04:45 PM) i remember watching the demo
suprimeking : (24 April 2017 - 12:00 AM) i'm off

Photo
- - - - -

Manor of Sleep more disorted/paranoid?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GreekShadow

GreekShadow

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 231 posts
  • LocationGreece/Athens

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:22 PM

Just a thought I had actually,what if the further you went into the Manor of Sleep(=later chapters) the more dreamy it would get?You know like the Manor getting more disorted,some doors leading to diferrent rooms,some rooms being upside/down or totally weirdly diferrent than before,some dolls starting talking to you,ghosts act weirder,snow being something diferrent,I don't know you get the point and those are some really small changes I just thought of,the whole scenery could start getting really creepy and disorted/f*cked up.

Ofcourse if that happened,especially the later part of the game would kinda have to change a lot,but it would be interesting if you think about it,a more paranoid/disorted Fatal Frame game,and since it was taking place in a dream,the possibillities were so big.Don't get me wrong,the simplicity of the manor of Sleep makes it have the specific cold/dark/lonely/dreamy atmosphere which we all love but how would you feel if it was more...disorted in general.

Just a small note to avoid hurting feelings :P ,Its not a "FF3 would be way better if it was more paranoid" post,I know that we all love FF3 as it is but since I had that thought I would like to listen to your opinions!

• Chrysalis likes this

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#2 OFFLINE   Chrysalis

Chrysalis

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 79 posts
  • LocationThrough the Looking Glass

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:05 PM

I might have found that really interesting. One of my favorite moments in the original Silent Hill was Nowhere, which had a design set up like how our brains put things together in to dreams- some things are made up, others are fragments of our memories, and it was all jumbled together like a puzzle. 

In Fatal Frame III's case they could have made certain "weirdness" changes based on which character you were currently controlling. Maybe like Miku seeing ropes appearing in places they weren't before, stuff like that. 

I might hate it in practice, but the idea of walking through a door and the room you enter suddenly being upside when it wasn't before sounds kind of cool.  :lol:

Such order in the midst of chaos makes me woozy and disoriented.

#3 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:40 PM

I would have really liked this too! I'm always up for changing environments, though I expect they're a lot of work. I especially like Chrysalis's idea of having it be character-based. I've always thought it was a bit of a missed opportunity that all the characters see the Manor of Sleep in much the same way. I don't think I'd want huge changes, especially not to the layout (it's already enough of a maze) but subtle stuff like the changes in Rei's house would have been great. Or maybe if you go without a purifying light for too long, things start getting more and more distorted?

Ooh, and you know in Mission Mode, there's a glitch where the carpenters have very stretched-out mouths, and Stroller Grandma's hands are about three feet long? If they could have brought those kinds of ghost distortions into the main game, especially the later chapters, it would have been awesome. It was so freaky the first time I played Mission Mode and saw that weirdness.

#4 OFFLINE   suprimeking

suprimeking

Gnome Hoarder

• Spirited Aways
  • 73 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:47 PM

i very much agree, having it become more distorted sounds like a fun way to mess with you

you brought this upon yourself mortal now you learn the way of darkness 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users