Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:03 PM) Damn, I didn't know they were closing down the miiverse until too late.  My screenshots.  :(
midwinter : (09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM) Argh, no backups? That sucks :(
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM) On the bright side, I still have an album full of pretty scenery and Hisoka looking confused.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) Nintendo shouldn't have shut down Miiverse.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) People loved it.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) And they should have incorporated it onto the Switch.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM) Finally finished TEW2, t'was excellent.
GreekShadow : (12 November 2017 - 05:14 AM) I'm glad you enjoed it Hex!How was it comparing to the first one though(,which i personally disliked)?
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) I've only played the first for a few hours (didn't like it much either), but it was a big improvement.  The gameplay is fun, the stealth works a lot better, the open world map isn't too big but there's sidequests (one with a cool ghost lady!) and some interesting things to do.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:17 PM) I was really impressed with the story since it was one of the things that put me off the first. The last 20 minutes were so good, definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
Daz Hinasaki : (12 November 2017 - 07:17 PM) Hey guys I'm finishing fatal frame 1 on my twitch channel tonight! :) love you to join me https://www.twitch.tv/chunzbunz
GreekShadow : (13 November 2017 - 05:36 AM) oh sounds cool thank you hex!And for me also the story of the first one put me off,glad the second one is better
Hex : (16 November 2017 - 12:01 PM) TIL: ghost marriage is actually practiced in China.   :staffsan:
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) O_O
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) oh yeah there's a local movie here called The Ghost Bride and the actress playing that is half-Chinese
Hex : (21 November 2017 - 07:58 PM) Do you ever start typing and find yourself wondering, "when did this become a novel?"
AnimalLover4... : (21 November 2017 - 10:22 PM) Eiji Otsuka.
Hex : (21 November 2017 - 11:46 PM) Where?   :icon_lordhimuro:
AnimalLover4... : (22 November 2017 - 06:19 AM) LOL
midwinter : (22 November 2017 - 02:57 PM) Animal Crossing Pocket Camp expectations: Cute animals, fishing, bugs, furniture! Reality: Communication error x 798

Photo

Sara's Perfect Camera?

Shadow Priestess Camera Obscura Sara Washizuki

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Shizu Haibara

Shizu Haibara

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSapporo, Japan.

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:56 AM

It's Kinda weird how her "Camera Obscura" works...

But eh, why try to wonder when you can actually state facts?

In the Game franchise [the supposed source material] all the Cameras function the same way;

DOCUMENTATION of spirits

and

an object of EXORCISM 

Then Came Sara's camera

[Which looks like a straight-up copy of a Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2, too bad hakus wasn't creative enough......]

Anyhow, let's go by the basics, shall we?

• In Battle mode, the way of measuring the damage you inflict is by charge. giphy.gif
  • Whilst in Exploration/Clue finding Mode, the camera can Capture spirit-based clues and "solves" any problem sprouting from it eh?

Let's go by the facts again in the Manga;

1. IT is not known whether her heirloom Camera was a Dr. K.A. creation, [But the claim has been also passed down stating it was a Shaeiki]tumblr_inline_nlmgpqULt31t9nzu3.gif
  2. Now then, [in chapter 3] her camera does possess some form of "charge", but this is nullified because in chapter 3, she actually cleanses a spirit in ONE shot. ONE SHOT GUYS, ONE. SHOT.++++[THAT or the spirit was weak...]r012-013.jpg?token=02051d59317a5175424d3
  3. Now then, in another chapter, wherein her camera is low on "film" she encounters some kind of illusion...wherein her camera proves useless against it...then she reveals YET another object.....that flashlight...

----------------------------POST IS STILL NOT FINISHED----------------

ADDENDUM IS IMMINENT

ACCEPTING COMMENTS

• NiksKozukata likes this

#2 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 413 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:14 PM

It is quite different from the cameras we see in the games, but I think that has more to do with the medium of content. I remember reading some fanfiction years ago and there were a few ways that writers seemed to handle the camera. It would either be presented just like the game and clicking photo after photo and reloading film became extremely redundant and kind of boring to read. Or, they would change the camera a bit to handle ghosts differently, or function a bit differently so there weren't any long, drawn out battle scenes. A third option was to limit ghost encounters to a minimum and focus on the puzzle-solving and document collecting parts. I think this was an exploration of the camera in another perspective and what they believed would work with the story best.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shadow Priestess, Camera Obscura, Sara Washizuki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users