Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:29 PM) Ok, playing with headphones is definitely superior
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:31 PM) I knew the music in Rei's house changed after Miku's chapters start but I never noticed it has these little bumps and rustles that make it sound like something's moving in the house
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) also there is more ghost talk during Kei's phone call!
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) i couldn't hear most of it, though, I need to listen again
Hex : (08 November 2017 - 06:12 PM) Yesss, headphones.  I think you can hear doors being closed in Rei's house too.
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:03 PM) Damn, I didn't know they were closing down the miiverse until too late.  My screenshots.  :(
midwinter : (09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM) Argh, no backups? That sucks :(
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM) On the bright side, I still have an album full of pretty scenery and Hisoka looking confused.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) Nintendo shouldn't have shut down Miiverse.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) People loved it.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) And they should have incorporated it onto the Switch.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM) Finally finished TEW2, t'was excellent.
GreekShadow : (12 November 2017 - 05:14 AM) I'm glad you enjoed it Hex!How was it comparing to the first one though(,which i personally disliked)?
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) I've only played the first for a few hours (didn't like it much either), but it was a big improvement.  The gameplay is fun, the stealth works a lot better, the open world map isn't too big but there's sidequests (one with a cool ghost lady!) and some interesting things to do.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:17 PM) I was really impressed with the story since it was one of the things that put me off the first. The last 20 minutes were so good, definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
Daz Hinasaki : (12 November 2017 - 07:17 PM) Hey guys I'm finishing fatal frame 1 on my twitch channel tonight! :) love you to join me https://www.twitch.tv/chunzbunz
GreekShadow : (13 November 2017 - 05:36 AM) oh sounds cool thank you hex!And for me also the story of the first one put me off,glad the second one is better
Hex : (16 November 2017 - 12:01 PM) TIL: ghost marriage is actually practiced in China.   :staffsan:
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) O_O
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) oh yeah there's a local movie here called The Ghost Bride and the actress playing that is half-Chinese

Photo
- - - - -

Best granny?

Fatal Frame Fandom

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Best granny? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is the best granny?

1. Stroller Grandma (5 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Yashuu Kuze (2 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. The Seamstress (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

4. Wedding Celebrant (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Funeral Celebrant (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. One of the characters when they're older (2 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Who is the best man-granny?

1. Ryozo Munakata (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Kusabi (Seijiro Makabe) (4 votes [36.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

3. Yuukou Magaki (2 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

4. Kunihiko Asou (2 votes [18.18%] - View)

5. One of the characters when they're older (2 votes [18.18%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 777 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:55 PM

Just for fun (but deadly serious), does anyone have a favourite granny?  In typing them up, I realised we don't have that many, which I hope future games can change.

Mine would have to be Yashuu for her determination in keeping everyone by the code for the family's protection, but I'm very fond of the Celebrants and how joyful they are.  I also think Hisoka and Ruka would grow into two epic elders, teaching what they know to a younger generation.

For the dudes, a granny Kei would be my favourite, but Makabe would probably still have the best hair!

#2 OFFLINE   Rezz

Rezz

Mama Miya

• Spirited Aways
  • 91 posts
  • LocationLurking

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:17 PM

Stroller Granny

She just straight up runs you down and kills you (or at least severely damages you if you're playing on easy mode).

As for the grandpas, I couldn't decide between the Kusabi (Fantastic hair, Makabe), and Magaki because he has a special place in my heart for painting apocalyptic landscapes and being entirely right about how Stuff was going to go down.

• Chrysalis likes this

#3 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:13 PM

Oh man, how can I choose when they're all so great?

I'd probably have to go with Yashuu because she is my most embattled fave, though the Seamstress is really cool and I have to vote for her as well on principle. Man-granny is definitely Ryozo. Even though he didn't live long enough to become a real grandpa, sob.

#4 OFFLINE   Chrysalis

Chrysalis

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 82 posts
  • LocationThrough the Looking Glass

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:45 PM

The stroller granny from the third game. That mission as Kei where you have to take them out on a roof was both controller-throw-inducing, and yet so satisfying when you actually beat it.

For the guys, it was pretty close for me between Magaki and the Kusabi.

Such order in the midst of chaos makes me woozy and disoriented.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame, Fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users