Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) I'm fine.
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.

Photo

Long-Time FF Respecter, Recent Kool-Aid Salesman

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DaRabidDuckie

DaRabidDuckie

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUnder Miku's Bed

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:53 AM

:icon_fallenwoman:

Oh my god, this place has a Falling Woman emote. Yeah, I'll be sticking around here for a while... *puts his feet up*

Aaaaaaaaaaaanywho, hi. I'm me. I'm awesome, but I'll let you guys decide on that for yourselves. I make my living modifying arcade fightsticks (I basically make arcade fightsticks work for non-stock systems) and I stream full-time when I'm not working at a Fighting Game Tournament. I live in Wisconsin now but I consider Austin, TX home.That's it for the boring stuff.

As for Fatal Frame, I bought the original on PS2 the day it came out after being engrossed by the game after seeing a trailer for it in front of my local Babbage's. I played it until the Broken Neck scared the absolute piss out of me and it took me until... well, last week to get the courage to beat the game.

Well, now I'm hooked. I've beaten 2 and 3 (just finished 3 about an hour ago) and I just adore the lore, Miku, the ghosts, Miku, the wonderful atmosphere of the games, and (of course) Miku.  :icon_ff3miku:  :wub:

So yeah, my stream viewers have basically demanded that I start playing the game more regularly. so I'm trying to learn as much about the games as I can so i can stream them on a regular basis. Lore streams, Q&As, In-depth story playthroughs, speedruns, whole shebang. I'm not going to hawk my channel all over the site, no worries. Gotta put my dues in first (and play 4 and 5), so I figured this was a great place to start with that! It's really nice finding a community with such a strong love for the series, so I'm sure we'll all get along well!

Edited by DaRabidDuckie, 17 October 2016 - 08:59 AM.

#2 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 400 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:35 AM

Welcome!! This is a great community to find knowledge of all things Fatal Frame and i'm sure every one of us has a nifty fact or two (eight, twenty-three... fifty?) to share.
I'm excited to see a streamer who plans to play the series regularly and share the love for the games! Too many times I see someone stream one maybe two games and then just move on D: So just let us know when and I bet a few of us will drop in to help out :)
  • DaRabidDuckie likes this

#3 OFFLINE   DaRabidDuckie

DaRabidDuckie

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:16 PM

Yeah I'll be sure to do that!

For now I have to finish the games I've already got on my schedule, but once I'm done with that I'm planning on at least streaming the games once, maybe twice a month. Maybe Friday nights? I thought Fatal Fridays was a cute name. 

Anywho, I've got enough content for a while, considering I've still got to finish Nightmare and Mission modes for 1-3. For now I just want to dig around here and get to know the community better first and gather as much info as I can. I took notes on the three games so far and I'd like to see if I can find more stuff on them.

So who designed all these adorable emotes? Been wanting some FF-themed emotes to use with my stream.

#4 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:11 PM

Very belated welcome! Hope you'll have fun here. ^_^ The Fatal Frame emotes were designed by the site owner Emi! (Except the Yashuu, Maya and Woman in Black, which I made using her work as a template, so if those aren't quite as good you'll know why.) Tengai has kind of become our mascot. :icon_tengai:

#5 OFFLINE   Daniele199

Daniele199

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 32 posts
  • LocationMinakami village

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:31 PM

A big welcome to you!

#6 OFFLINE   DaRabidDuckie

DaRabidDuckie

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:26 AM

Okay, so now that I've actually lurked for a few months and, as of today, have beaten all five of the core titles (and if it's fine with the admins/mods!), I'm ready to start promoting my stream! 

Right now I only stream FF titles on Sundays, but I'm planning on maybe doing one week every month or two to focus on different titles since 3-5 are just SO freakin' long and packed with lore. I'm also planning on doing regular speedruns of FF1 and would love to eventually take the WR time.

Anywho, here's the link!

https://www.twitch.tv/darabidduckie

I'd really love to see more of the Fatal Frame fanbase in there, especially as I start doing more in-depth lore/story playthroughs!  :wub:

#7 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:48 PM

This sounds really cool (belated welcome!), I'll try to be there for Sunday.  Which game will you be playing?  

#8 OFFLINE   DaRabidDuckie

DaRabidDuckie

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:35 PM

I'm actually kind of embarrassed but I won't be playing this Sunday because of a work schedule conflict.  <_<

But no worries! I'll be playing all day Monday! I've not spent enough time with FF2 yet, so I may do that. Ghost lists, mission mode, or nightmare. I'll figure something out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users