Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 03:36 PM) He deserves a lot more
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:01 PM) Whenever I see Mafuyu say the broken staircase has nothing to do Takamine, I imagine him skidding down it on a sled with Koji and Tomoe.
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:02 PM) Novelists just wanna have fun
Hex : (06 December 2017 - 12:08 PM) Did anyone else not notice the pillars in the Demon Mouth have figures cared into them?  https://s7.postimg.o...3f/IMG_2417.jpg
midwinter : (06 December 2017 - 02:19 PM) oooh, no, that's cool
GreekShadow : (06 December 2017 - 11:58 PM) Lets all agree that in Forbidden Siren 2 ALL the missions with the 2 apartment buildings are the worst
Hex : (07 December 2017 - 12:07 AM) But don't you just love it when everything looks the same?   :chisab:
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 05:34 PM) ;_;
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 07:50 PM) There are chances a new Tenchu has been teased by From Software,if its indeed Tenchu i ll die ,its been 10 years ;_;
Rezz : (09 December 2017 - 12:44 AM) From Software needs to make me another Armored Core
midwinter : (09 December 2017 - 01:48 PM) And where's my Kuon sequel while we're at it
Rheo : (09 December 2017 - 06:39 PM) i thought the name of that game is actually Shadows Die Twice. lol
Hex : (17 December 2017 - 01:59 PM) Phew, we're back.
midwinter : (17 December 2017 - 02:00 PM) \o/
midwinter : (17 December 2017 - 02:00 PM) thank you, Emi! <3
Hex : (17 December 2017 - 02:10 PM) Thank you!
AnimalLover4... : (17 December 2017 - 11:48 PM) Okay, I wasn't the only one not allowed in.
AnimalLover4... : (17 December 2017 - 11:48 PM) Thank you for fixing it Emi.
GreekShadow : (18 December 2017 - 06:04 AM) why did i miss
GreekShadow : (18 December 2017 - 06:04 AM) what*

Photo

English Voice Acting Question

Voice Actor Headless Priest Credits

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BoundMan

BoundMan

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 03 October 2016 - 02:15 AM

Hello there, I've recently used a sample of one of the Headless Priests (#2 at the Abyss to be exact) to open a piece of music that sounds suspiciously derivative of something from Ayako Toyoda (the genius imo behind much of the Project Zero series ambient music).

I'd love to credit the voice actor for the sample but my nerd research skills have hit an impasse.  It's been impossible to find anything out about who is responsible for specific ghosts and miscellaneous voices in the english version of this game.  I was hoping for help from another fan as obsessed with the minds that made this game as I am.

The specific excerpt I used was from Headless Priest # 2 saying: "Kirie, why did you become attached to this world? You'll only suffer"

My best educated guess right now is that the voice belongs to Robin Suchy, simply because he's the only male voice actor in the credits that isn't assigned to one of the principal characters.

I'd appreciate any help/consolation lol.  If I can't get any answers, I'm going to start contacting people involved in production, so my followup question would be: Who is most likely to know the answer?

My prospects are Suchy himself--who's accessible through social media-- as well as recording staff at Studio UNI, the english dub director, and various executives whom I have no idea how to contact yet.  But I don't know enough about the recording process to know who involved would have this info (since I doubt anyone would remember off the top of their heads 15 years later).

Thanks!

burnt_pine_barrens_cropped.jpg

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,127 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:57 AM

Oh man, good luck with that! It's ridiculously hard to get solid, specific info about voice roles - even for FF5, we just have the cast list, and anything about who played which role came from other sources.

I seem to remember BCL's owner Emi contacted the studio responsible for the dub back in the day and got the role breakdown we're using now. Obviously that's limited to main characters + "additional voices", but if you PM her she might be able to tell you who she contacted, which would be a start. If Robin Suchy's available to talk to, I think that would be a good idea too! Or maybe his agent, if he has one and you can find out how to contact them?

Sorry, I don't have much to suggest. Let us know if you do manage to find out - it'd be interesting to know!

#3 OFFLINE   BoundMan

BoundMan

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:24 AM

Hey no need to apologize, that was actually very helpful!  It's also good to know that it wasn't just me heh. 

When you say Emi contacted Studio UNI do you mean specifically for the very first game?  I'll definitely follow up there.

I'm pretty surprised it's so hard to find these credits.  I mean they list every programmer who ever touched the game, I would have thought it would be standard to be thorough for the voice talent too.  I'm one of those people who gets bummed when someone posts a video on YouTube of a game OST with a hundred positive comments and no one ever mentions the composer, so I'm really going to exhaust every avenue of research here lol.

I'll definitely let you know if I find any info and thanks again :-)

burnt_pine_barrens_cropped.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users