Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.
GreekShadow : (24 September 2017 - 01:19 PM) Did I loose something?Or TGS was too poor this year?Almost nothing new was announced for anything?

Photo
- - - - -

Chou vs Kurenai

Fatal Frame II Amano Tsuki Chou Kurenai

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Chou vs Kurenai (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Which theme song do you prefer?

1. Chou (7 votes [63.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. Kurenai (4 votes [36.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:35 AM

Which do you think is best suited as the Crimson Butterfly theme song?  Does one fit the story or a certain character better?

I have to go with Kurenai, but it is close.  The subdued screech of the guitar in the background makes me feel sad, like something's coming to an end, but also hopeful, like the daybreak atop Misono Hill.  Chou is so powerful, but it doesn't get me in the feels quite the same way.

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:30 PM

I had to listen to them both a few more times to answer this. Oh, the hardship! :P

Even though I prefer Kurenai myself, I think Chou fits the game better. Maybe it's just the nostalgia talking, but that rising intro always gets me, and the way the violins play sounds like a butterfly's wings. Plus you get that awesome crescendo right at the moment when the camera pans up to show the sunrise. The bells and drums (or whatever they are) at the very beginning start off sounding like part of the game too - they must have realised that, because they tacked them on to the front of Kurenai in DCB, but I don't think they fit it quite as well.

These are good songs. ;-;

• Meital likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:35 AM

I love them both equally, it's so hard to choose! That said, I feel the same as Mid in that I think Chou fits the ending cutscene better, the percussion and ascending string intro that sort of sighs into the fluttery violins and guitars is just so perfect.

But still, on their own terms outside of the game I find it impossible to choose between them  :staffsan:

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#4 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 267 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:49 AM

Maybe it's just the nostalgia talking, but that rising intro always gets me, and the way the violins play sounds like a butterfly's wings. Plus you get that awesome crescendo right at the moment when the camera pans up to show the sunrise. The bells and drums (or whatever they are) at the very beginning start off sounding like part of the game too - they must have realised that, because they tacked them on to the front of Kurenai in DCB, but I don't think they fit it quite as well.

^  I agree.

It's really hard to choose, but Chou sounds better in the game's ending than Kurenai. But outside of the game I really like to listen both of them~

#5 OFFLINE   suprimeking

suprimeking

Suprime Hipster

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:23 PM

i love both so i can't choose between the two

you brought this upon yourself mortal now you learn the way of darkness 

#6 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 274 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:34 AM

insanely hard to chose lol. Love them both. Both represent the game. I love Chou's cowbell? in the beginning as the butterflies fly away from the abyss. And I love the guitar solo in Kurenai.

a80Suw0.png

#7 OFFLINE   Daniele199

Daniele199

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 32 posts
  • LocationMinakami village

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:42 PM

I must say that the songs have got two different meanings:

Chou talks about Mayu who can fly like a butterfly, while Kurenai talks about Mio who can't fly and she can't reunite with her sister. So it's very difficult to decide...

I must say that I love both.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame II, Amano Tsuki, Chou, Kurenai

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users