Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:29 PM) Ok, playing with headphones is definitely superior
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:31 PM) I knew the music in Rei's house changed after Miku's chapters start but I never noticed it has these little bumps and rustles that make it sound like something's moving in the house
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) also there is more ghost talk during Kei's phone call!
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) i couldn't hear most of it, though, I need to listen again
Hex : (08 November 2017 - 06:12 PM) Yesss, headphones.  I think you can hear doors being closed in Rei's house too.
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:03 PM) Damn, I didn't know they were closing down the miiverse until too late.  My screenshots.  :(
midwinter : (09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM) Argh, no backups? That sucks :(
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM) On the bright side, I still have an album full of pretty scenery and Hisoka looking confused.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) Nintendo shouldn't have shut down Miiverse.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) People loved it.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) And they should have incorporated it onto the Switch.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM) Finally finished TEW2, t'was excellent.
GreekShadow : (12 November 2017 - 05:14 AM) I'm glad you enjoed it Hex!How was it comparing to the first one though(,which i personally disliked)?
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) I've only played the first for a few hours (didn't like it much either), but it was a big improvement.  The gameplay is fun, the stealth works a lot better, the open world map isn't too big but there's sidequests (one with a cool ghost lady!) and some interesting things to do.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:17 PM) I was really impressed with the story since it was one of the things that put me off the first. The last 20 minutes were so good, definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
Daz Hinasaki : (12 November 2017 - 07:17 PM) Hey guys I'm finishing fatal frame 1 on my twitch channel tonight! :) love you to join me https://www.twitch.tv/chunzbunz
GreekShadow : (13 November 2017 - 05:36 AM) oh sounds cool thank you hex!And for me also the story of the first one put me off,glad the second one is better
Hex : (16 November 2017 - 12:01 PM) TIL: ghost marriage is actually practiced in China.   :staffsan:
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) O_O
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) oh yeah there's a local movie here called The Ghost Bride and the actress playing that is half-Chinese

Photo
- - - - -

Fatal Frame Fanworks Club - seeking prompts!

Fanworks Club Fanfiction Fanart Prompts Fatal Frame Series

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:48 PM

As discussed on the shoutbox, I'd like to try a kind of regular prompt post and hopefully inspire people to create fanworks for Fatal Frame! Japanese fandom on Twitter has the regular sixty-minute drawing challenge for artists, so why shouldn't we do something similar? Maybe it'll work better than one-off events like the contest and the Christmas exchanges. There will be deadlines still, but this is is meant to be low-pressure, friendly and encouraging, so I hope everyone will feel welcome to join in!

Format

Every Sunday, I'll post a new thread with a prompt related to Fatal Frame, and hopefully people will write or draw something for it during that period. There's no quality, completeness or length requirement, so don't feel like it has to be a polished masterpiece. The idea is just to get some regular activity going in the fandom. There aren't any rules about signing up or dropping out, either; anyone can take part, and if you skip a week, you can still join in with the next one.

Every ten weeks, there'll be an amnesty when you can post anything you created for past prompts but missed the deadline. All weekly prompts will concern the main five games, but during amnesty weeks there'll be bonus prompts for other Fatal Frame media - the Fatal Frame movie, Shadow Priestess, Spirit Camera, the novels, etc.

I'm also going to try and come up with some awards for forum members who participate. More on that to come, ideas welcome!

Submitting Prompts

I want lots and lots of prompts to inspire people, and I'm not very good at coming up with them myself! So please, if there's something you'd like to see other people tackle - an interesting idea, a cool AU,  a rare ship, an unappreciated character, or a quote you'd like to see explored more deeply - submit your prompts here and I'll add them to the list. (You can also PM me with them if you're shy, or send an ask to ffweeklyprompt on Tumblr!) Everyone will be credited for the prompts they submit, unless they ask not to be. Try to make prompts fairly open-ended to allow for creative interpretations! I've picked mostly general prompts with popular characters to get us started, but I'm hoping if this works we can have fun with more obscure things later.

Prompt List

Don't post fanworks in this thread! I'll put up a new topic for every prompt and link to it. You can also post fanworks on other sites, and post the links on the prompt topics.

Week 1. Rei - an experience pre-FF3 foreshadows her link to Reika Kuze
Week 2. Mio - Mayu's charm stirs up memories
Week 3. Kirie - "We also planned on having the beams of the Buddha Room lead to a hidden passage to the Koto Room, where Miku would meet Kirie's mother, who hid her from the people of the Himuro family."
Week 4. Misaki - dreaming of the island, and of someone important.
Week 5. Yuri, Miu or Ren - scrapped endings. Visit this page and write or draw something based on any of the unused ending ideas. An alternative ending for Miu is mentioned here, under Chapter 11.
Week 6. Kei - growing up near Minakami Village.
Week 7. Any - a sacrifice who didn't escape in canon succeeds in running away.
Week 8. Ruka & Madoka - "Things like scents and music made me remember the things I had forgotten. Like the time when Ruka let me listen to the song she made." (Source)
Week 9. Yae & Sae or Itsuki & Mutsuki - forgiveness after death

Week 10 - Amnesty! Bonus prompts:

• Zero Movie - Aya and Michi - at the end of the movie, Michi promised to come back and take Aya's photo, and Aya promised to wait until then. Do they keep their promise?
  • Spirit Camera - Maya and Woman in Black - "There was a time when I was like this doll -- when all I could do was stare at you. You would always play that song for me." (Source)

----

If you have any suggestions, feedback or questions, please post them here! I'll also be posting about this on Facebook and Tumblr tomorrow.

• Hex likes this

#2 OFFLINE   suprimeking

suprimeking

Suprime Hipster

• Spirited Aways
  • 75 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:29 PM

awwww i clean forgot about XD

you brought this upon yourself mortal now you learn the way of darkness 

#3 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:39 PM

Welp. I tried, but I don't think this is working out. With apologies to TomoChan and anyone who might have been planning something for future prompts, I think I'm going to put this on hiatus for now - maybe I'll pick it back up again in future if the fandom gets more active, if there's any interest. In the meantime let's just say the amnesty is in effect, and if anyone wants to write/draw fills for any of these prompts, you can go ahead and post them here. Sorry, all.

#4 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 279 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:28 AM

aw, :c I was having fun with drawing them! sorry Mid :c I was hoping more people would enjoy it and join in. I have one more prompt I drew for week 5, and was working on a week 6 one. I'll put the one for Week 5 here.

Spoiler

I drew the Magatsuhi ending :3

• midwinter, GreekShadow and suprimeking like this

a80Suw0.png

#5 OFFLINE   suprimeking

suprimeking

Suprime Hipster

• Spirited Aways
  • 75 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:46 PM

tomo i love your artwork, it's beautiful

you brought this upon yourself mortal now you learn the way of darkness 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fanworks Club, Fanfiction, Fanart, Prompts, Fatal Frame Series

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users