Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C

Photo
- - - - -

Xbox or Ps2 version?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Daniele199

Daniele199

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 33 posts
  • LocationMinakami village

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:38 PM

Hi guys! How are you? I wanted to ask you a suggestion:

I've got Project Zero 2 for Ps2 and one for Wii and I've finished it. However, I really want to try the Xbox version because I've got a Xbox 360. I thought to replace the Ps2 version with the Xbox version and I would sell the first one. But I've got doubts and questions about it: Does the Xbox 360 read it good? Because I read that there aren't problems about it, but there isn't the widescreen (and I don't know what is it, if you want to explain me it that would be nice c: ), are there other differences in the Xbox version except the ending, the FPS version and the new modalities? Last thing: Do I have to connect Xbox to internet to play the game? I've heard that I have to do it for emulation. Thanks for answering ;)

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:38 PM

1. I never had any difficulties playing FF2 on the Xbox 360. I think occasionally there's a glitch where only the audio will play during cutscenes, but I haven't heard of anything worse.

2. I think the widescreen thing is just about how the game will display on your TV. Since FF2 was made before most people had wide-screen TVs, it was designed at 4:3 resolution and doesn't have a widescreen version. (FF4 has both, and FF5 is widescreen only.) It won't make much difference, it just means if you're using a wide-screen TV, it'll display like this instead of this.

3. The Xbox version has a few extra costumes, and a shop in the menu after you've completed the game. Otherwise, it's identical.

4.You'd need to be connected to the internet when you first insert the disc. From what I've read, the 360 will automatically download the necessary files, and after that it should be fine to play without a connection.

#3 OFFLINE   Daniele199

Daniele199

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 06:36 PM

I never had any difficulties playing FF2 on the Xbox 360. I think occasionally there's a glitch where only the audio will play during cutscenes, but I haven't heard of anything worse.

Are there other bugs like this? Because I don't want to meet them during the game, and I don't want to buy a game that could have got bugs on my Xbox. If there is just this bug, then that's okay.

Edited by Daniele199, 04 July 2016 - 06:38 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:16 PM

Like I say, that's the only one I've heard of, and I never had any problems at all.

#5 OFFLINE   Daniele199

Daniele199

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:41 PM

Okay, thanks!!

#6 OFFLINE   GregZerO

GregZerO

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 274 posts
  • Location???

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:32 PM

I do remember that in my old 360 with an external hard drive I couldn't play my Project Zero 2.And I remember calling Microsoft back then and they told me that they have taken down the list of the playble Xbox games for the 360 from their official site cause sometimes they are not really fuctional,but now I see that in there is a list on their US official site.

There is a possibillity though that my old 360 was from US (I bought it used) because the PAL version of PZ2 is region locked and you can't played on other Xbox versions(according wikipedia).

In my newer xbox360 slim though which is totally PAL I still can't play it because I've lost my external hard drive and you need one (even if you have many GB in your 360) to emulate and make playble the original games on 360.

In any case I don't want to scare you or anything,it will probably play just fine on you cause I don't remember reading anyone else here having a problem playing the game,but I wanted to share my experience trying to play the PZ2.I didn't bother a lot to make it work though since I also have it on PS2 and Wii.

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#7 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 434 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:27 PM

Some Xbox 360s won't play certain Xbox games. My Xbox 360 arcade with an added hardrive downloaded the files and played it just fine but my brother's original Xbox 360 says the game isn't compatible and won't load the game.

#8 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 296 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:37 PM

I don't remember having problems with Xbox 360 while playing PZ 2.

And I prefer Director's Cut version anyways, because it has more endings and costumes :>

I haven't played it in couple years so I'm not sure if it has problems now, but back then it didn't. 

And you don't need Internet connection to play the game.

#9 OFFLINE   Daniele199

Daniele199

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:38 PM

Thanks to everyone. I have got a Xbox 360 Arcade and I've got a Hard Disk of 60 GB. Do you think it is sufficient?

I've got the PS2 and Wii version, but I wanted to try it on Xbox. However, I don't know if sell the Ps2 version or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users