Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.
GreekShadow : (24 September 2017 - 01:19 PM) Did I loose something?Or TGS was too poor this year?Almost nothing new was announced for anything?

Photo

Hand From Floor challenge

Fatal Frame Gameplay Fandom

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:37 PM

I was inspired by midwinter to see if anyone would be up for a forum challenge?  The requirements to encounter the Hand From Floor ghost are quite a slog, but I've made an award and will give rep to anyone who goes to the trouble!  I thought experiencing something for the first time in a game we're all familiar with could be fun, even if we've already seen it.   :icon_tengai:

There won't be any rules or deadlines, feel free to join in if you've faced it before (maybe we could decide a name for him?), other than providing a picture to show us your findings.  Instructions to find the ghost below:

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:56 PM

This sounds like fun! Count me in. o7

#3 OFFLINE   detertake

detertake

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 10:21 AM

Sounds fun, moreover I've never encountered it. It seems like a very rare random ghost encounter, there are no specific rules either. I believe it's called 「床から伸びる手」 in Japanese version of FF1, and it roughly translates as 'stretched hand (that came) out from the floor'. I'll check Japanese PS2 version later today (can't play in broad daylight) and probably will do the same with EU version next week.

There is actually an another instruction video on niconico

#4 OFFLINE   detertake

detertake

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:58 PM

I'm sorry for double post, I'm sure that someone could merge it in one.

I finally got it (it's called 'Hands from Floor'). Luckily, I didn't have to play too far from the beginning. You can encounter it during 1st Night, just proceed to Burial Room and wait there for random ghosts. After hordes of Broken Necks, Bound Men and Female Heads (Floating Woman will most likely swing by, too) this ghost hand will reveal itself, but it won't rush at you like other ghosts. Instead, this hand will be lying silently in wait for Miku to step on it, so it could get a nice excuse to grab Miku's leg. After Miku is done shaking it off, ghost hand will try to get away, and this is the exact moment when you should shoot it. For me it spawned here.

Here it is (don't mind the time, it's crazy, because I played it on emulator)

fqoqCKZ.png

Edited by detertake, 19 June 2016 - 06:23 PM.

• midwinter, Yashuu, Hex and 1 other like this

#5 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 06:49 PM

HA! Finally got it. I thought I'd screwed up somewhere, because I kept hearing the music but could never find it. And at one point the music cut out and was replaced with something like a mosquito whine that rose in pitch as I got closer to where I assume the hand must have been lurking. I never managed to get it to grab me, so I used louischou's technique of waiting for it to appear in the Doll Room and then snapping it through the hole in the floor.

All of which is beside the point. Here is the hand ghost and I claim my five pounds:

tumblr_o9t08h15QI1siuuseo1_540.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pic, and sorry it's taken me so long, I kept forgetting! Also, I'm not sure why my PS2 thinks it's 5th July. >_>

• Hex and detertake like this

#6 OFFLINE   detertake

detertake

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:02 PM

I never managed to get it to grab me, so I used louischou's technique of waiting for it to appear in the Doll Room and then snapping it through the hole in the floor.

It never spawns in the same place. I tried to catch it the other day and I found it in that place (Burial Room) only after several attempts. By attempts I mean this really freaky sound alerting player that hand is nearby.

Could you tell me how many random ghosts have you fought to get to ghost hand? I'm starting to think that 'random' is not the most correct word to describe those encounters with ghosts. In my case they always come out in specific order and ghost hand is always a 14th ghost:

1. bound man
  2. broken neck
  3. female head
  4. broken neck
  5. broken neck
  6. bound man
  7. female head
  8. floating woman
  9. bound man
  10. female head
  11. bound man
  12. bound man
  13. female head
  14. hands from floor

Edited by detertake, 10 July 2016 - 03:18 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:34 PM

That's weird, I was making a tally as I fought them, but I only fought twelve and Hand from Floor was the thirteenth. I can't remember what order they came in, though.

#8 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 274 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:05 PM

I have faced the only hand that isn't annoying!

I was doing redoing my walkthrough I did of the game anyway,(good way to get lots of points on a fresh new game!) so I decided to face the hand too.

Weirdly enough, I had to keep changing rooms and could never find it. Until I went into the doll room.

Spoiler

• midwinter, Hex and detertake like this

a80Suw0.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame, Gameplay, Fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users