Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 03:36 PM) He deserves a lot more
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:01 PM) Whenever I see Mafuyu say the broken staircase has nothing to do Takamine, I imagine him skidding down it on a sled with Koji and Tomoe.
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:02 PM) Novelists just wanna have fun
Hex : (06 December 2017 - 12:08 PM) Did anyone else not notice the pillars in the Demon Mouth have figures cared into them?  https://s7.postimg.o...3f/IMG_2417.jpg
midwinter : (06 December 2017 - 02:19 PM) oooh, no, that's cool
GreekShadow : (06 December 2017 - 11:58 PM) Lets all agree that in Forbidden Siren 2 ALL the missions with the 2 apartment buildings are the worst
Hex : (07 December 2017 - 12:07 AM) But don't you just love it when everything looks the same?   :chisab:
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 05:34 PM) ;_;
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 07:50 PM) There are chances a new Tenchu has been teased by From Software,if its indeed Tenchu i ll die ,its been 10 years ;_;
Rezz : (09 December 2017 - 12:44 AM) From Software needs to make me another Armored Core
midwinter : (09 December 2017 - 01:48 PM) And where's my Kuon sequel while we're at it
Rheo : (09 December 2017 - 06:39 PM) i thought the name of that game is actually Shadows Die Twice. lol
Hex : (17 December 2017 - 01:59 PM) Phew, we're back.
midwinter : (17 December 2017 - 02:00 PM) \o/
midwinter : (17 December 2017 - 02:00 PM) thank you, Emi! <3
Hex : (17 December 2017 - 02:10 PM) Thank you!
AnimalLover4... : (17 December 2017 - 11:48 PM) Okay, I wasn't the only one not allowed in.
AnimalLover4... : (17 December 2017 - 11:48 PM) Thank you for fixing it Emi.
GreekShadow : (18 December 2017 - 06:04 AM) why did i miss
GreekShadow : (18 December 2017 - 06:04 AM) what*

Photo

What happened to Asou?

Fatal Frame Dr. Asou Speculation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 783 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:01 PM

We've wondered about his descendant, but what happened to the man who started it all?  According to Ryozo's note in Makabe's final book, Asou was last heard planning a visit to Himuro Mansion in search of the Holy Mirror, but failed to return.  Does anyone have any theories about what might have happened?  We know he reached the mansion and completed the camera using a mirror piece, but why was it left behind?  Did he escape or do you think he's one of the unnamed, unseen ghosts?

I only thought of this recently, but a new headcanon of mine is that the mysterious documents and scrolls detailing rituals and specifically the result of the Calamity are his, though admittedly some are written more like instructions than notes.  I don't think we find out where Ryozo got his mirror piece, but I like to imagine it had something to do with following traces of Asou throughout the house, even if he couldn't see them and was just finding his notes.

• midwinter and AnimalLover47999 like this

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,127 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:23 PM

He died and became the Pumpkin Ghost!

More seriously, I definitely think he died there - disappearance + leaving behind the completed camera is just too ominous a combination - but I like to think he got quite far into the mansion and discovered a lot about it before he died. I think little Kirie might have appeared to help him a little; she seems to know a lot about the camera, and she's the one who gives it to Mikoto in the first place. Big Malice Kirie hadn't been released at that point, so he would have had plenty of time to wander around discovering things.

I do like the idea of Ryozo following some of Asou's research at the end!

• AnimalLover47999 and Chrysalis like this

#3 OFFLINE   dust witch

dust witch

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 3 posts
  • Locationlost in the drift

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:38 AM

I remember there was talk of a side mission involving Asou that was cut, but it's so long ago, I don't remember where the information came from originally.

Logically, he probably did die there, but the fact you never see his ghost or whatever is the one thing that makes me question that.

#4 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:00 PM

I remember there was talk of a side mission involving Asou that was cut, but it's so long ago, I don't remember where the information came from originally.

An interview on the game's website.

It's impossible to tell what it would have been about without asking Shibata (that could be something to do, actually), and it could just be that they hadn't thought forward about it, but the only completed camera ever created just lying around with no further peeps from Asou probably suggests that he didn't make it out, yeah, so it was likely something similar to Ryozo and Takamine's stories leading to their demises. If the plotline was cut so entirely then I think it's likely that any ghost of his was cut along with it, because it wouldn't make sense on its own, really (though if they made it today, I'm sure it would have been stuffed in anyway).

IIRC it says in 5 that he has little/maybe even no sixth sense, plus he's a man to begin with and not a Hinasaki, so it's not like he really could have done much to defend himself even with the most powerful ghost-fighting weapon ever created. Knowing him it was probably Broken Neck coming after him which got him killed. I like the idea of him being taken out by one of the weakest, most garden variety ghosts in the building, and he is a lady killer, after all. I do wish they would remake 1 (however risky that is nowadays) and add it back in, because it would be extra interesting if they addressed Makabe going missing (and not acting like Ryozo has no idea who Asou is), and why Asou still dedicated his life to trying to end it prematurely despite his friend being ritualistically mauled, tossed into literal hell and vanishing without a trace, etc. and if it influenced his research in any way. You're not going to tell me that two of the most eminent occultists (one of whom was directly connected to an old friend of his) never came into contact after 2. Did his 15 wives know where he was going?

AAHOrHo.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame, Dr. Asou, Speculation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users