Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:29 PM) Ok, playing with headphones is definitely superior
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:31 PM) I knew the music in Rei's house changed after Miku's chapters start but I never noticed it has these little bumps and rustles that make it sound like something's moving in the house
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) also there is more ghost talk during Kei's phone call!
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) i couldn't hear most of it, though, I need to listen again
Hex : (08 November 2017 - 06:12 PM) Yesss, headphones.  I think you can hear doors being closed in Rei's house too.
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:03 PM) Damn, I didn't know they were closing down the miiverse until too late.  My screenshots.  :(
midwinter : (09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM) Argh, no backups? That sucks :(
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM) On the bright side, I still have an album full of pretty scenery and Hisoka looking confused.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) Nintendo shouldn't have shut down Miiverse.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) People loved it.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) And they should have incorporated it onto the Switch.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM) Finally finished TEW2, t'was excellent.
GreekShadow : (12 November 2017 - 05:14 AM) I'm glad you enjoed it Hex!How was it comparing to the first one though(,which i personally disliked)?
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) I've only played the first for a few hours (didn't like it much either), but it was a big improvement.  The gameplay is fun, the stealth works a lot better, the open world map isn't too big but there's sidequests (one with a cool ghost lady!) and some interesting things to do.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:17 PM) I was really impressed with the story since it was one of the things that put me off the first. The last 20 minutes were so good, definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
Daz Hinasaki : (12 November 2017 - 07:17 PM) Hey guys I'm finishing fatal frame 1 on my twitch channel tonight! :) love you to join me https://www.twitch.tv/chunzbunz
GreekShadow : (13 November 2017 - 05:36 AM) oh sounds cool thank you hex!And for me also the story of the first one put me off,glad the second one is better
Hex : (16 November 2017 - 12:01 PM) TIL: ghost marriage is actually practiced in China.   :staffsan:
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) O_O
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) oh yeah there's a local movie here called The Ghost Bride and the actress playing that is half-Chinese

Photo

Who do you wish you could save?

Fatal Frame V Opinion Fandom

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 777 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:41 PM

As 5's premise centres a lot around the spiriting aways around Mt. Hikami, is there a character you wish could have been brought back and saved?  Would you have liked the missions to have the option to either fail or succeed while continuing the story?  On the flip side, is there someone you think would have made an awesome ghost?

For myself, I really would have liked to encounter Tsumugi in the main game, but saving Kazuya could have set up some interesting interactions, too.  Being so different, a flashback showing how he and Ren became friends might have been nice to see, but also as his personality is so unique among the characters, meeting Miu and Hisoka would have been fun to watch.

As for ghosts, I think the Kagome's entrance would look amazing if it were Miu rising from the reliquary.  Saying that, when I was replaying Chapter 8 I noticed that she's similar to the abandoned children on the mountain, reminding me of a fic I started where Shiragiku, like Ouse in the bad ending, deviates from her intention to wait for Asou by relating to Miu and spiriting her away into the bowels of the caverns, where her mythical casket lies... 

• midwinter and AnimalLover47999 like this

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:35 PM

I want to read your fiiiiiic ;-;

Since they insisted on having the mission format anyway, I think it would have been cool if they'd gone the whole way with it and given you more choice in who to go after once Yuuri finds all Hisoka's case files, with the possibility of success or failure. I just think all the options would be really interesting to explore!

Kazuya is an obvious one, because he is still alive during the first part of the game, and yes, I'd love it if there were a way to get Tsumugi to appear in the game proper. I'd especially like it if Miu could save Tsugumi, and then they could begin to work through their family issues and low self-worth together. I really think it would have been good for Miu to have a chance to straightforwardly save somebody else. I also wish there had been a way to keep Haruka alive, like they considered doing originally. I think she could have had interesting interactions with Ren and Rui, and I'd like to see her meet Hisoka again. Obviously she's going to be grieving for Fuyuhi and feeling guilty over what happened, but I feel it would be good to show her struggling with that and still choosing to live, rather than having her run off back to the mountain to die and end up happily together again.

I still think Rui could make a creepy ghost. Just imagine: she vanishes, and you think she's disappeared, but then you drop the camera and discover she's been clinging to your leg the whole time!

• Hex and AnimalLover47999 like this

#3 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 690 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:54 AM

Haruka.  The fact that she was going to be spared originally and (I presume) learn to live on despite the pain of losing Fuyuhi would have been fantastic character development from her since she basically is willing to die if a friend suggests a group suicide which isn't healthy at all.  There's being kind and going along with what friends want to do with you and then there's just having no care about your own well-being at all (and not in a self sacrificing sort of way which would be fine).  It also might have had the a positive influence on Yuuri to see someone who has lost pretty much their whole purpose for living (in their eyes) not give up on life and work to create a good future for herself, it could have helped increase Yuuri's chances of deciding to keep on living?

Like say instead of it being determined by whether you use Mitori above or under the water you have several people who you can either save or have die.  Each character that dies increases the chance of the bad ending because of Yuuri seeing them die alone and how they suffered greatly in trying to find the ones they went looking for, but conversely if you save a character it has the opposite effect of showing Yuuri the good sides of living and how staying alive can help make all the difference for someone else (like how Hisoka does for Yuuri).  This way the more people you save and the more happy endings you help achieve for a character and the person they went looking for will make the good ending where Yuuri keeps on living more likely to happen?

It just seems like doing this would make it better than having it set up so that her actions are dependent with whether she's been tainted by the black water at the moment.  Plus it would have had less of people wanting to die for little to no reason and more people realizing that life is worth living throughout both the good and the bad and that has to amount for something.

Oh and if you save Kazuya you could get some friendship interactions between him and Ren which the game was sorely lacking in.  Ren not reacting at all to finding out his best friend died and is suffering what one would assume at the moment is an eternal torment of pain, agony, and sadness is such a huge missed opportunity in my opinion.

Also, I haven't played all of Ayane's mode yet but from what I have read a general plot summery of her mode and I agree Tsumugi's character deserved to be in the main storyline instead of regulated to a cross over mode.  Especially since she actually DOES decide to keep on living instead of killing herself...

Edited by AnimalLover47999, 12 April 2016 - 03:59 AM.

• Hex and Chuiga like this

#4 OFFLINE   Eiko82

Eiko82

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:41 PM

Haruka has suppose to survive? I had no idea. But I agree that I would've liked to have saved her.

Like say instead of it being determined by whether you use Mitori above or under the water you have several people who you can either save or have die.  Each character that dies increases the chance of the bad ending because of Yuuri seeing them die alone and how they suffered greatly in trying to find the ones they went looking for, but conversely if you save a character it has the opposite effect of showing Yuuri the good sides of living and how staying alive can help make all the difference for someone else (like how Hisoka does for Yuuri).  This way the more people you save and the more happy endings you help achieve for a character and the person they went looking for will make the good ending where Yuuri keeps on living more likely to happen?

That's an awesome idea!! Tecmo should've done that.

kuontag.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Opinion, Fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users