Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 03:36 PM) He deserves a lot more
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:01 PM) Whenever I see Mafuyu say the broken staircase has nothing to do Takamine, I imagine him skidding down it on a sled with Koji and Tomoe.
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:02 PM) Novelists just wanna have fun
Hex : (06 December 2017 - 12:08 PM) Did anyone else not notice the pillars in the Demon Mouth have figures cared into them?  https://s7.postimg.o...3f/IMG_2417.jpg
midwinter : (06 December 2017 - 02:19 PM) oooh, no, that's cool
GreekShadow : (06 December 2017 - 11:58 PM) Lets all agree that in Forbidden Siren 2 ALL the missions with the 2 apartment buildings are the worst
Hex : (07 December 2017 - 12:07 AM) But don't you just love it when everything looks the same?   :chisab:
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 05:34 PM) ;_;
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 07:50 PM) There are chances a new Tenchu has been teased by From Software,if its indeed Tenchu i ll die ,its been 10 years ;_;
Rezz : (09 December 2017 - 12:44 AM) From Software needs to make me another Armored Core
midwinter : (09 December 2017 - 01:48 PM) And where's my Kuon sequel while we're at it
Rheo : (09 December 2017 - 06:39 PM) i thought the name of that game is actually Shadows Die Twice. lol
Hex : (17 December 2017 - 01:59 PM) Phew, we're back.
midwinter : (17 December 2017 - 02:00 PM) \o/
midwinter : (17 December 2017 - 02:00 PM) thank you, Emi! <3
Hex : (17 December 2017 - 02:10 PM) Thank you!
AnimalLover4... : (17 December 2017 - 11:48 PM) Okay, I wasn't the only one not allowed in.
AnimalLover4... : (17 December 2017 - 11:48 PM) Thank you for fixing it Emi.
GreekShadow : (18 December 2017 - 06:04 AM) why did i miss
GreekShadow : (18 December 2017 - 06:04 AM) what*

Photo

Fatal Frame is pretty Hard

Fatal Frame Project Zero Opinion Gameplay

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Kaido

Kaido

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 130 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, MO

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Night three is a pain in the rear, I can't tell you how many times I had to restart from the beginning just so I could finally beat night 3. Maxed out camera? Go bare bones and feel the pain!

Death begets life...

#22 OFFLINE   KasumisCamera

KasumisCamera

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

I found that some of the ghosts are easier to deal with after you level up and obtaining at least 5 90&75 film. As for the bosses I try to have a stone mirror and at least 2 waters.

#23 OFFLINE   Andydvd

Andydvd

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

Yikes just seeing this for my first play through anyone have a good guide to follow so I can get through this?

#24 OFFLINE   Kaido

Kaido

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

http://www.gamefaqs....rame/faqs/18423

This is the one I've been using. The only thing he didn't warn me about was the first time Broken Neck appears.

Death begets life...

#25 OFFLINE   Andydvd

Andydvd

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

Awesome so Dead mans body ghost in the closet night 1 with tape recording... I musta taken his picture 30 times my view finder is blue but never is his name displayed.... After I take the photo? Does his name display or does it not matter? He is super fast to disappear...

#26 OFFLINE   Kaido

Kaido

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

Awesome so Dead mans body ghost in the closet night 1 with tape recording... I musta taken his picture 30 times my view finder is blue but never is his name displayed.... After I take the photo? Does his name display or does it not matter? He is super fast to disappear...

He's a super fast ghost, so you have to take it with split second speed, I know it's hard and I always miss it too. The name does need to be displayed though.

Death begets life...

#27 OFFLINE   Andydvd

Andydvd

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

He's a super fast ghost, so you have to take it with split second speed, I know it's hard and I always miss it too. The name does need to be displayed though.

Omg he is! Finally got him... Literally took me an hour and half.... But got em! Now I'm stuck on long arms... Trying to save medicines... How many should I have? I'm staying around medium hp to conserve my meds...

#28 OFFLINE   Kaido

Kaido

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

I usually wait until i'm about 1 hit away from dying (about 1/4th your health), don't forget to keep pressing the X button (A button? on Xbox) when a ghost is attacking you, it will help you save health as well.

Glad you finally got his picture though! :)

Death begets life...

#29 OFFLINE   Andydvd

Andydvd

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Oh really? Does it get him away from you faster?

#30 OFFLINE   Kaido

Kaido

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Oh really? Does it get him away from you faster?

That works for any of the ghosts. If you have the manual, it may have the button that you press to evade.

Death begets life...

#31 OFFLINE   Andydvd

Andydvd

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Sorry if I am derailing this topic but long arms what's the best strategy to use? He seems so flipping fast!

#32 OFFLINE   Kaido

Kaido

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

It's fine. The best strategy to defeat long arms is to back up and keep the camera low (because right before he attacks you, he gets really low to the ground and then grabs you, this is where you will find the best chance to zero /shutter shot him and deliver lots of damage), if you have to, use one 36 type film on him then switch back to type 14 to finish him off. Hope that helps you.

Death begets life...

#33 OFFLINE   Andydvd

Andydvd

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

Thanks! I finally got em now battling through the first night... Almost done does anyone have the 360 version? If so where is the fireplace ghost? I know he is one of the exclusive ghost...

#34 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 281 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought this game out of the rest was hard. I didn't get the first one first. I had gotten the second and third first. But when I got the first game and got to blinded I had no clue how to beat her and she kept hurting me a lot. I had to restart too. and that part about the priests and had to go through the fish tank room to get to the last one long haired woman ghost and a priest showed up on me.

a80Suw0.png

#35 OFFLINE   dante

dante

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

This is my first time playing it and I thought it would be hard because the second and third were hard for me. The long armed ghost gave me issues but I reloaded my save and was fine. Not one hit from any of the ghosts till I got to the room with all the dolls where you fight the child. I used my mirror and herb thingies amd finally killed it! Then got killed by the ghost that attacks you when you leave the room -_-

#36 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 702 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

Three words are all that are needed to describe the difficulty.

Wandering freaking Monk.

#37 OFFLINE   dark_ardhyrha

dark_ardhyrha

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts
  • Locationsomewhere only god know ..

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

when i play with nightmare mode .. u have to use skill and medicine wisely ..

122121n.jpg

#38 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 429 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

I keep getting my backside handed to me by these really fast moving ghosts, swear this one ghost of a man hanging in the air one second it was at the other end of the room then it disapeared for a split second and I was immediately damaged by it
 photo flandrebanner.jpg

#39 OFFLINE   Sosezi

Sosezi

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

Just finished it and i think FF1 is pretty much easier than 2 but it's only my opinion 

it's shorter and have only 4 chapters including intro 

but yes night 2 are very difficult 

#40 Guest_Haise_*

Guest_Haise_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:43 PM

I swear to God FF2's Nightmare mode is easier than FF1's normal one. Ghosts take away more health with one hit, it's harder to grind for special lenses,

ghosts use teleportation 20 times a minute and some ghosts are really hard to kill...

Blinded is OP for someone who is blind, teleporting behind you and attacking almost at the same time. Even a fodder ghost (Broken Neck) managed to take away 6 health items even though she was supposed to be a random easy ghost! 

How many times I have rage-quitted fighting Junsei Takamine I wonder? Flying ghosts were always harder but he is just insane! And my camera couldn't locate his face even when he was in front of me. How am I supposed to beat the Priests whom don't have heads if I can't beat the ones with heads?

Figuring out how or when to do a puzzle is difficult because sometimes the game gives no indication on what you have to do! 

I'm not even sure who is more crippled, Mayu or Miku, because Miku runs so slow even Bound Man can outrun her. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame, Project Zero, Opinion, Gameplay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users