Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (30 November 2017 - 01:50 PM) Anyone else got snow?  Brr.
midwinter : (30 November 2017 - 02:55 PM) Yes  :icon_fallenwoman:
Eisenalex : (30 November 2017 - 03:21 PM) Not yet, unfortunately. I need temperatures to drop below 0°C during the day.
AnimalLover4... : (01 December 2017 - 03:27 AM) Lucky.  I love snow.
asagi : (01 December 2017 - 09:32 PM) I wonder when will the temperature be below 20C
Hex : (04 December 2017 - 07:33 PM) psst, midwinter, the FF3 reframing video's out and it's great: https://m.youtube.co...h?v=-f4e3zSFSEE
GreekShadow : (04 December 2017 - 08:32 PM) why does that guy has only so little views
midwinter : (04 December 2017 - 10:26 PM) ohhh, thank you! i'll have to watch it tomorrow now, but i'm looking forward to it
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 03:36 PM) He deserves a lot more
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:01 PM) Whenever I see Mafuyu say the broken staircase has nothing to do Takamine, I imagine him skidding down it on a sled with Koji and Tomoe.
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:02 PM) Novelists just wanna have fun
Hex : (06 December 2017 - 12:08 PM) Did anyone else not notice the pillars in the Demon Mouth have figures cared into them?  https://s7.postimg.o...3f/IMG_2417.jpg
midwinter : (06 December 2017 - 02:19 PM) oooh, no, that's cool
GreekShadow : (06 December 2017 - 11:58 PM) Lets all agree that in Forbidden Siren 2 ALL the missions with the 2 apartment buildings are the worst
Hex : (07 December 2017 - 12:07 AM) But don't you just love it when everything looks the same?   :chisab:
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 05:34 PM) ;_;
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 07:50 PM) There are chances a new Tenchu has been teased by From Software,if its indeed Tenchu i ll die ,its been 10 years ;_;
Rezz : (09 December 2017 - 12:44 AM) From Software needs to make me another Armored Core
midwinter : (09 December 2017 - 01:48 PM) And where's my Kuon sequel while we're at it
Rheo : (09 December 2017 - 06:39 PM) i thought the name of that game is actually Shadows Die Twice. lol

Photo

Fatal Frame is pretty Hard

Fatal Frame Project Zero Opinion Gameplay

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

I started playing this game again after a few years or so (Koji popup scared me....again) and I remembered that I found it pretty hard the first time I played it. I remember I got stuck then on the Ceremony Master, but I said to myself: I'm older now, how hard can it be. Well, I soon found out. The problem with this game is the unforgiving Zero shots and the rarity of herbal meds...
Some shutter(shutterbug... why do they call it that lol?) changes are half a second, before the ghost dashes to you. Also the hit detection isn't always flawless... Maybe I just can't focus because I keep tripping over Stone Mirrors I can't pick up while desperately trying to hoard my Herbal Meds. My strategy is basically going suicidal and taking advantage of those Stone Mirrors (There are like 4 on Night 2!).

Did any of you have any problems with this game?

#2 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Not much, I remember one of the priests giving me a lot of trouble though. I think it's probably the hardest in the first playthrough, but 3 is harder when you reach higher difficulties.

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#3 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Not much, I remember one of the priests giving me a lot of trouble though. I think it's probably the hardest in the first playthrough, but 3 is harder when you reach higher difficulties.

I knew I wasn't hte only one who hated those priests. Also I don't think higher difficulty settings count when talking about a game's difficulty. :P For all I know Hannah Montanna: The Game could have an Impossibru diffculty.

#4 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 783 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

The Third Night is a nightmare if you haven't stocked up on medicine.  You've got 5 boss fights, random encounters, and the Fish Tank Room to worry about, making searching for items next to suicide.   But I agree that FF3 has the most difficult Nightmare mode.

#5 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

(I did Fatal Frame III Nightmare Mode with the Festival function active  :unsure: )

#6 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

The first time was a b**** (no Thanks to Blinded) that I had to restart the game from scratch. Night 2 was the hardest out of them all if you dont know what you're doing in ether diffuculty. I have a MAXED out camera. I can wipe out any difficulty within 2 hours ^_^
(no bragging intended)
Lols at Night 3 being hard

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#7 OFFLINE   Meadz

Meadz

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

I'm actually working on being Fatal Frame for the first time now after ragequitting almost a decade ago.  When I first played it I made my way to the final boss before realizing... I didn't have enough power or healing items to beat her!  After a dozen times I gave up and returned the game to my friend.  Now I tend to hoard those healing items like crazy and curse whenever I lose a mirror. 

#8 OFFLINE   Kaelin

Kaelin

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 28 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

Man up! :P nah jk

Haven't had much trouble with beating it or any trouble with hit detection. I think it mostly boils down to knowing when to move (and knowing when to stop for blinded). If you don't have to fight then just run away, unless you need the points and it's a ghost you can butcher with 14 with minimal to no damage. Didn't have any trouble with the priests either :S again it's just a moving thing. Ok ok, I admit the first time was a bit hard :P I did maybe have to rotate saves. I have this cheaty technique when being cornered, since most of the ghosts have a junk turning circle you can actually circle around them with a little practice. They'll chase you for 3-4 seconds and give up trying, leaving you with the same amount of time to just walk through them towards victory!

But yup all in all pretty smooth flowing for me.

output_Q0vP4Q_zps1d14064a.gif

#9 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

I'm not gonna lie... I held down O for the first few minutes before I realized that you dont need to hold it to keep the camera active. I felt very stupid lol

I'm actually working on being Fatal Frame for the first time now after ragequitting almost a decade ago.  When I first played it I made my way to the final boss before realizing... I didn't have enough power or healing items to beat her!  After a dozen times I gave up and returned the game to my friend.  Now I tend to hoard those healing items like crazy and curse whenever I lose a mirror. 

You can be near death and still beat the final boss. If she touches you you're dead regardless if you got 99 healing items or not.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#10 OFFLINE   米兰人

米兰人

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 105 posts
  • LocationMilano, 밀라노

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

I've finished the first game only once. Not because it was not good, but for its difficulty (and because I bought it with FF III :P ).

I tried to replay it few months ago, but my PS2 controller wasn't (and isn't) working anymore. Should I buy a new one or should I wait for a HD release on the Wii U :P ?

Blinded...aaaarghhh.

tutto5600.png

#11 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

I've finished the first game only once. Not because it was not good, but for its difficulty (and because I bought it with FF III :P ).

I tried to replay it few months ago, but my PS2 controller wasn't (and isn't) working anymore. Should I buy a new one or should I wait for a HD release on the Wii U :P ?

Blinded...aaaarghhh.

HD Release on the Wii U? :o. Well, it's not like I'm gonna buy a Wii U anyway so whatever. You can also pop in in your PC and play it on an emulator with your PS3 controller, then you have HD too. The problem is, FF1 is pretty buggy on the emulator, sometimes ghosts are invisible, you just see their mist... Which makes the game even harder :DD 

#12 OFFLINE   Meadz

Meadz

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

I'm not gonna lie... I held down O for the first few minutes before I realized that you dont need to hold it to keep the camera active. I felt very stupid lol

You can be near death and still beat the final boss. If she touches you you're dead regardless if you got 99 healing items or not.

Seriously?  I'll keep that in mind since I'm almost there but now I won't be quite so stingy with my healing items.  Darn those 1-Touch Killers!

#13 OFFLINE   米兰人

米兰人

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 105 posts
  • LocationMilano, 밀라노

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

HD Release on the Wii U? :o. Well, it's not like I'm gonna buy a Wii U anyway so whatever. You can also pop in in your PC and play it on an emulator with your PS3 controller, then you have HD too. The problem is, FF1 is pretty buggy on the emulator, sometimes ghosts are invisible, you just see their mist... Which makes the game even harder :DD 

Noooooooooooooo, mine was only imagination :P . Considering that Nintendo is the co-owner of the series, maybe tomorrow, maybe next year, maybe never they'll release a HD collection for all the games.

Considering my actual PC (Centrino duo with 2Gb RAM) I don't think that the emulator'd work well.

tutto5600.png

#14 OFFLINE   Chasind_Valentine

Chasind_Valentine

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

The first Fatal Frame was for sure the hardest for me.

I remember playing it with my brother when I was younger and it was a nightmare!

Then I had plans to play it with my friend (while taking turns) about 1 year ago. I was thinking that I already knew where to go, what to do, how the ghosts operate so it would be no problem! Well I let my friend do the first few fights starting at Koji, (I did the first ghost to show her how) and she did terrible! All my medicine from that point had been used up and i didn't want to restart (maybe as some sort of a self-challenge) so I was basically crippled the rest of the game. Of course she didn't want to play anymore because she thought it was waaaay too hard!

I ended up completing it somehow!

But yeah, they're kind of stingy with herbal medicine in the first one, then comes the 2nd game...lol

#15 OFFLINE   AmethystRain

AmethystRain

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

FF1 was the first and one of the few games I had to restart.At the end of Night 2 I had only a sliver of health and no healing items.I think I made the right choice lol

#16 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Oh I just remembered how much Ryozo killed me at the end of Night 2, nasty fight on the balcony.

ZR9JeXg.gif

#17 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Oh I just remembered how much Ryozo killed me at the end of Night 2, nasty fight on the balcony.

Wow wait what? As on the outside balcony? 

#18 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

No, it's on the kind of walkway-balcony thing at hell mouth. No space to move around and you're backed up right against a wall.

ZR9JeXg.gif

#19 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

No, it's on the kind of walkway-balcony thing at hell mouth. No space to move around and you're backed up right against a wall.

Ah that part... I thought I missed a part all those times lol. Actually I discovered a cutscene I had never seen before this playtough! It's when you enter the room with all the sliding doors on Night 2, and the Long Haired Woman appears... I was like: Wait...I don't know this... D:

#20 Guest_Moumokunojosei101_*

Guest_Moumokunojosei101_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

i did Project Zero on fatal and nightmare mode, hard! especially when tha runs out of medicine!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame, Project Zero, Opinion, Gameplay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users