Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:03 PM) Damn, I didn't know they were closing down the miiverse until too late.  My screenshots.  :(
midwinter : (09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM) Argh, no backups? That sucks :(
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM) On the bright side, I still have an album full of pretty scenery and Hisoka looking confused.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) Nintendo shouldn't have shut down Miiverse.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) People loved it.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) And they should have incorporated it onto the Switch.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM) Finally finished TEW2, t'was excellent.
GreekShadow : (12 November 2017 - 05:14 AM) I'm glad you enjoed it Hex!How was it comparing to the first one though(,which i personally disliked)?
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) I've only played the first for a few hours (didn't like it much either), but it was a big improvement.  The gameplay is fun, the stealth works a lot better, the open world map isn't too big but there's sidequests (one with a cool ghost lady!) and some interesting things to do.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:17 PM) I was really impressed with the story since it was one of the things that put me off the first. The last 20 minutes were so good, definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
Daz Hinasaki : (12 November 2017 - 07:17 PM) Hey guys I'm finishing fatal frame 1 on my twitch channel tonight! :) love you to join me https://www.twitch.tv/chunzbunz
GreekShadow : (13 November 2017 - 05:36 AM) oh sounds cool thank you hex!And for me also the story of the first one put me off,glad the second one is better
Hex : (16 November 2017 - 12:01 PM) TIL: ghost marriage is actually practiced in China.   :staffsan:
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) O_O
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) oh yeah there's a local movie here called The Ghost Bride and the actress playing that is half-Chinese
Hex : (21 November 2017 - 07:58 PM) Do you ever start typing and find yourself wondering, "when did this become a novel?"
AnimalLover4... : (21 November 2017 - 10:22 PM) Eiji Otsuka.
Hex : (21 November 2017 - 11:46 PM) Where?   :icon_lordhimuro:
AnimalLover4... : (22 November 2017 - 06:19 AM) LOL
midwinter : (22 November 2017 - 02:57 PM) Animal Crossing Pocket Camp expectations: Cute animals, fishing, bugs, furniture! Reality: Communication error x 798

Photo

Kuru Kuru Kururin is finally coming to NA today

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:43 AM

Hello everyone !

I know you are confused but here is what Nintendo announced yesterday:

Kuru Kuru Kururin is a Game Boy Advance game which released in JP and EU only in 2001 but yesterday Nintendo of America announced that the game is finally coming to NA via The Wii u virtual Console.

So what does that means ?

It means that there is a chance for NoA to finally release a JP or EU games on NA Wii U.

What is the relation between this news and Fatal Frame ?

Fatal Frame 2 remake or even Fatal Frame 4 had a chance to finally release in NA.

Source
http://www.gonintend...-first-time-via
and
https://en.m.wikiped...ru_Kuru_Kururin

#2 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:06 PM

Porting GBA game and Wii game is a totally different thing. Not to mention that fourth game had glitches that they couldn't fix which also affected to why it was never localized. When do people give up, seriously?

• Yashuu and AnimalLover47999 like this

yuri.gif
hi i used to be beni kthxbye

#3 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:18 PM

Yes it is different but it is EASIER because the Wii u is able to play Wii games.

I WILL NEVER GIVE UP.

#4 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,128 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:21 PM

When do people give up, seriously?

Never, they will always find the littlest thing that is 100% irrelevant to bring it up like Bayonetta :/

• Yashuu, calne and AnimalLover47999 like this

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#5 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:54 AM

Except this game came out in Europe, so it was already translated, and apparently there's very, very little to translate in it anyway going by the comments. This isn't really comparable to FF4 at all. Maybe DCB, but it's still not something I'd bet on.

Seriously, FF4 came out 8 years ago, it's time to drop it.

• ナガクラ, calne, AnimalLover47999 and 1 other like this

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#6 ONLINE   GreekShadow

GreekShadow

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 249 posts
  • Location???

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:24 PM

Seriously, FF4 came out 8 years ago

Well...this sentence ruined my day.

• Yashuu, AnimalLover47999 and Chrysalis like this

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#7 OFFLINE   Chrysalis

Chrysalis

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 82 posts
  • LocationThrough the Looking Glass

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:23 PM

I kept feeling bad that Fatal Frame 4 never made it over here... and then I finally loaded the patch and played it and those feelings sort of stopped.

The only way I ever see Fatal Frame 4 making it over here is if Japan decides to remake it, and I seriously doubt that is happening. 

Yes it is different but it is EASIER because the Wii u is able to play Wii games.

I WILL NEVER GIVE UP.

Did this game you are linking have serious bugs? FF4 has a ghost list that cannot be completed and combat that breaks. I don't think those are necessarily easy to fix.

• ナガクラ and AnimalLover47999 like this
Such order in the midst of chaos makes me woozy and disoriented.

#8 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 695 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:04 AM

I think it's pointless to keep on waiting for Fatal Frame 4.  As much as I love the game it would be blind of me to ignore the numerous performance and gameplay flaws it has.  It's not terrible and the base core game works as intended, but it's very clearly an unfinished product that would require a lot more work than any localization team would be willing to put into to make it stable enough for it to be presentable.  I do wish it had been brought over to the US and UK but I honestly can't blame them with 4 because of how it is a clear beta game and Nintendo usually prides itself on the highest of quality experiences when it comes to things not being broken or glitchy (quality in terms of actual good fun game design is another case).  In any case when it comes to Fatal Frame 4 I honestly feel you are just deluding yourself into hoping it comes over.

I do WANT it to come over here as well as DCB because then I won't feel cheated with having to play the games when I wasn't meant to get them but there's a difference between being hopeful and optimistic and then just ignoring facts.  Fatal Frame 4 (at least in its current state) isn't coming over to the US or UK.  No localization team is going to bring over a game that is buggy and unfinished no matter how much fans want it because of standard of quality the company has.

The only way 4 is ever coming over to the US or UK is if Shibata and Kikuchi approach Nintendo of Japan requesting the funding for a remake and they make the game so much more polished and finished.  That's the only way it ever has a chance of seeing an official English release.  And I do not think they'll be revisiting 4 for a very long time.  And I personally don't want another remake right now, especially not from a game so recent.

Kenshin with all due respect it would be better to hold up hope for DCB getting a US release because it's not unfinished and holds up to the standards of quality that Nintendo usually stands by to release games.

The game isn't coming over unless it gets fixed up and it won't ever get fixed up unless it gets a remake or enhanced port in Japan therefore it's both pointless and counterproductive to ask Nintendo of America and Europe for Fatal Frame 4 because they aren't the ones who would be able to fix the game up and it isn't coming over here without that touch up.

Edited by AnimalLover47999, 24 February 2016 - 12:07 AM.

• Rin, Chrysalis and segment like this

#9 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:32 AM

I kept feeling bad that Fatal Frame 4 never made it over here... and then I finally loaded the patch and played it and those feelings sort of stopped.

The only way I ever see Fatal Frame 4 making it over here is if Japan decides to remake it, and I seriously doubt that is happening.

Did this game you are linking have serious bugs? FF4 has a ghost list that cannot be completed and combat that breaks. I don't think those are necessarily easy to fix.

The NA version of Pandora' Tower had a game breaking glitch ( JP and EU versions didn't have that glitch ) but Nintendo of America released the game WITHOUT fixing the glitch. Fatal Frame 4 does not have a game breaking glitch so this is NOT something that will stop the game from coming to NA or EU.

I think it's pointless to keep on waiting for Fatal Frame 4. As much as I love the game it would be blind of me to ignore the numerous performance and gameplay flaws it has. It's not terrible and the base core game works as intended, but it's very clearly an unfinished product that would require a lot more work than any localization team would be willing to put into to make it stable enough for it to be presentable. I do wish it had been brought over to the US and UK but I honestly can't blame them with 4 because of how it is a clear beta game and Nintendo usually prides itself on the highest of quality experiences when it comes to things not being broken or glitchy (quality in terms of actual good fun game design is another case). In any case when it comes to Fatal Frame 4 I honestly feel you are just deluding yourself into hoping it comes over.

I do WANT it to come over here as well as DCB because then I won't feel cheated with having to play the games when I wasn't meant to get them but there's a difference between being hopeful and optimistic and then just ignoring facts. Fatal Frame 4 (at least in its current state) isn't coming over to the US or UK. No localization team is going to bring over a game that is buggy and unfinished no matter how much fans want it because of standard of quality the company has.

The only way 4 is ever coming over to the US or UK is if Shibata and Kikuchi approach Nintendo of Japan requesting the funding for a remake and they make the game so much more polished and finished. That's the only way it ever has a chance of seeing an official English release. And I do not think they'll be revisiting 4 for a very long time. And I personally don't want another remake right now, especially not from a game so recent.

Kenshin with all due respect it would be better to hold up hope for DCB getting a US release because it's not unfinished and holds up to the standards of quality that Nintendo usually stands by to release games.

The game isn't coming over unless it gets fixed up and it won't ever get fixed up unless it gets a remake or enhanced port in Japan therefore it's both pointless and counterproductive to ask Nintendo of America and Europe for Fatal Frame 4 because they aren't the ones who would be able to fix the game up and it isn't coming over here without that touch up.

I know that DCB had more chance than 4 BUT:

1- Fatal Frame 4 is not " Unfinished game " nor a " clear beta " but it is the best looking Wii game with a few Frame-Rate drops which is normal because this game was their first Wii game and we all know that the Wii was not that powerful to handle a game that was supposed to be a PS3 game.

2- i agree that Nintendo are the best video game makers ( Quality) BUT they released Sonic Boom on Wii u.

3- YOU ARE WRONG. The game doesn't need a remake or a localization to come to NA or EU.Did you know that the Wii shop had import games section were you can buy JP and EU games ( If you have NA Wii or Wii u ).

https://en.m.wikiped...ii_Shop_Channel

( Look in the Virtual Console section )

Saying that the game had no chance on coming because it is glitchy ( which is not ) or because no one will pay for the localization is not true.

I am not saying that the game is coming but we have HOPE now.

#10 OFFLINE   dust witch

dust witch

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 3 posts
  • Locationlost in the drift

Posted 24 February 2016 - 01:10 PM

"Supposed to be a PS3 game" - nope. Always intended for the Wii, hence the collaboration with Ghm.

#11 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 695 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:59 PM

Kenshin, the game has more issues than just some framerate drops.  There are several glitches that are pretty bad.  First of all the freezing glitch, that is inexcusable, the Spirit List glitch is also inexcusable, and the game is a very obvious beta because the random encounter system is very botched and the 45% of the ghosts share the exact same pattern with other ones and there are story files left out because of the glitches etc.  It's not a finished game and that's kind of a fact.

X-Seed games are the ones who published Pandora's Tower in the US, not Nintendo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric was published by Sega not Nintendo.

Yes, it would because Nintendo of America and Europe aren't going to be willing to release the game if it's still unfinished which it is and they aren't the ones with the authority to fix the glitches and to balance the game with a much better ghost encounter rate etc.  If you're going to ask anyone for Fatal Frame 4 you'd have to ask the creators and you'd have to ask them to spend the money required to fix up the game and re-release it in Japan first which I highly recommend you don't do.

Fatal Frame 4 is a game with a great story and great characters and is still really fun.  However it's not a finished product and asking Nintendo for it is pointless because more than likely aren't going to do anything about it.

And no, Fatal Frame 4 was never meant for the PS3, and the framerate was not because of not being able to handle the graphics because DCB had just as good if not better visuals than 4 and it never had any framerate hiccups aside from that one part on Misono Hill which may or may not have been an intentional effect from the ghosts.

Edited by AnimalLover47999, 24 February 2016 - 07:00 PM.

• Rin and Chrysalis like this

#12 OFFLINE   Chrysalis

Chrysalis

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 82 posts
  • LocationThrough the Looking Glass

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:08 PM

The NA version of Pandora' Tower had a game breaking glitch ( JP and EU versions didn't have that glitch ) but Nintendo of America released the game WITHOUT fixing the glitch. Fatal Frame 4 does not have a game breaking glitch so this is NOT something that will stop the game from coming to NA or EU.

http://bcl.rpen.us/z...hp?title=Glitch

Yes, it does, actually. 

Other honorable mentions that are not listed in the wiki link include:

Mission mode Ghosts that never spawn.

Ghosts that get stuck in walls.

Getting eternally stuck in the evade animation that creates endless spinning in which you cannot die because you are always evading, and must hard reset the Wii console.

Saved Data Corruption.

Framerate drops to outright freezing.

I love this game, I really do. And the things I listed only happened rarely to me, but adding those on top of the ones listed in the wiki that are always present... The fourth game has some serious issues. The Ghost List glitch not only prevents the list from looking finished, it actually prevents you from getting rewards from it.

Also, as was already pointed out... it has been 8 years with no localisation outside Japan. Nintendo didn't even see enough potential here for a retail copy of Fatal Frame 5 (with the obvious exception of the EU very limited edition). There's no way this game is getting localized without a serious overhaul, and NOA is showing a pattern of wanting the path of least resistance with this series. Though I honestly can't blame them in this case. It would be throwing money at a series they have little to no faith in already for a title from the previous console generation. I like to hold on to hope, but I do believe it has a shelf life when it comes to merchandise.

• ナガクラ, calne and AnimalLover47999 like this
Such order in the midst of chaos makes me woozy and disoriented.

#13 OFFLINE   error13

error13

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:13 PM

I actually loved Kuru Kuru Kururin, I imported the PAL copy. Not related to FF, but check out Kururin Paradise & Kururin Squash (both JP) if you liked this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users