Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C
Meital : (29 February 2020 - 08:45 PM) GabSmolders is having Fatal Frame marathon on Twitch! Just FYI if you're interested watching someone play FF :)
Rheo : (23 April 2020 - 10:38 AM) Been so long
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 06:21 PM) You better run.
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 08:46 PM) I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive.

Photo

Top 10 Wii u Miiverse Communities in 2015 according to Nintendo

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 219 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 10:30 PM

I respect your opinion about the game but you liking the game or not is your opinion and not a fact.The fact is that the series is improving while staying loyal to its roots as much as possible. We have chapter select, the game graphics are great ( one of the best on the system), auto save, simi open world etc...

I am not a Nintendo Fanboy. My first Mario game was galaxy, my first Zelda game was Twilight Princess and my favorite Metroid game was Other M ( Which i liked and completed twice with %100) i got these games after Fatal Frame 4 released for the Wii ( it was my first Nintendo console).

I really don't know why it is hard to understand that No Nintendo = No Fatal Frame.

Even if the creators want to develop another game in their series the company may not allow them.Look at Clock Tower creator for example he wants to make another game but Capcom didn't allow him so he is kickstarting his new game ( Project Scissor ) or Mega Man creator with his new project ( Mighty No.9) or Shenmue creator with Shenmue 3. All of these games are 10x more popular and profitable than any Fatal Frame game.

Thats why i will take FF 6 even if it was an eshop JP only game as long as it is a great game done by the same team just like the previous games.

You can hate Nintendo as much as you like but that will never change the fact that without them we will be kickstarting Fatal Frame spiritual successor which will be a low budget eshop only game.

They made the most important decision right which is funding the game and that is the only decision WE THE FANS care about.

#22 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 02 January 2016 - 10:50 PM

Mission based instead of seamless chapters, and auto save instead of manual saves are not what's better for the series nor is it sticking to the roots.  Seamless chapters feel much more connected and realistic and manual save is much less annoying and gives you more control and increases tension with the save point stopping to work once an enemy pops up.  The graphics are great I agree but the character models are weird looking in this game imo.

I'm not saying you are but with the comments you are making it really sounds like you are saying every decision Nintendo makes is the correct one and that if we are not satisfied with their decision then we're just wrong.

Nintendo of Japan decides if there's more Fatal Frame games.  Not Nintendo of America.  I don't understand why it's hard for you to see that all the issues I have with Fatal Frame 5's distribution come from the North American branch of Nintendo and not from the people who give them the money to make the games.

Again you are failing to understand that the complaints brought here do not negatively effect the sales of the series in Japan where the main target demographic is located.  As long as each game sells well enough in Japan (which they seem to think it does since they keep making more) then there are going to be more Fatal Frame games.  The only way they'll cancel Fatal Frame is if the games over there stop selling the way they have been.  Me saying that them not giving us an option to skip the free trial and just download the game from the start is not going to hurt Nintendo or Fatal Frame at all so I don't get why you are getting so scared by my comments.

You think I don't want the series to continue?  I do.  It's my favorite Horror franchise and my second favorite video game franchise ever made.  But we shouldn't just shut up and accept what we're given if it comes at an unreasonable cost from us.  We should still support the releases but there's no harm in us complaining and letting Nintendo know that a physical release is more preferred and that forcing people who were going to buy the game anyway to download the free trial instead of giving the option for both isn't going to hurt the series at all.  Options are never a bad thing and Nintendo isn't going to cancel the series because I went "Hey, do you think next time you could include an option to download the full game from the get go as well as the option to download the free trial and then the game?"

I don't hate Nintendo.  Like at all.  I LOVE Nintendo.  Ever since I was little Nintendo has been like an invisible friend to me that always made me happy with their great and fun and loving games.  But, I'm not going to not call them out when they do something wrong which recently Nintendo of America has been making a lot of mistakes.

Funding the game yes, but that's not the only thing we the fans care about.  Saying it is is insulting to every fan who cares about how it's distributed and every fan who doesn't want to waste time downloading a demo that they don't need to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users