Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C
Meital : (29 February 2020 - 08:45 PM) GabSmolders is having Fatal Frame marathon on Twitch! Just FYI if you're interested watching someone play FF :)
Rheo : (23 April 2020 - 10:38 AM) Been so long
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 06:21 PM) You better run.
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 08:46 PM) I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive.

Photo

Top 10 Wii u Miiverse Communities in 2015 according to Nintendo

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 06:05 PM

1. Splatoon
2. Super Mario Maker
3. Xenoblade Chronicles X
4. Yoshi’s Woolly World
5. Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
6. Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival
7. Mario Party 10
8. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
9. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water
10. LEGO Dimensions

Source

http://www.gonintend...on-miiverse-for

Congratulations guys !!!

We did it !!!

#2 OFFLINE   NiksKozukata

NiksKozukata

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:18 AM

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesss

#3 OFFLINE   Blackout

Blackout

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:13 PM

Does that mean Fatal Frames popularity is increased?

#4 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 219 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 06:23 PM

Yes !

I know that because everyday before i go to sleep i enter FF5 Miiverse Community to help anyone asking for advices.

What I noticed is a lot of players don't know what Fatal Frame is and most of them are buying the game after the demo.

Some of them are asking about other FF games and others are looking for FF 4 for the Wii !

So i can confirm that what Nintendo did with the Free Demo is a very smart move.

Edited by Kenshin 4, 29 December 2015 - 06:41 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   missaurelie

missaurelie

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:04 AM

It's good to hear the community is getting some recognition, though I'm not exactly active on the miiverse. 

#6 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:41 AM

Giving a free trial is a fine idea Kenshin.  What wasn't a smart move was forcing those of us who were going to buy it anyway to download the demo before being allowed to buy the full game.  It took 4 hours for the demo (which is roughly the size of the full game) and then 4 more hours for the game because they made you redownload the whole thing all over again.  Even those who were able to get a physical copy and avoid the convoluted hassle that was the free trial still had to pay over 100 dollars (from what I saw) because it was limited edition physical only.  There really was nothing convenient or user friendly about how Nintendo handled Fatal Frame V outside of Japan.  It's good to see that people are discovering the game via mii verse but there definitely would have been even more people discovering it had they made the right decision to just buckle down and release the game via retail as well as digital because of the data size.

Edited by AnimalLover47999, 30 December 2015 - 07:44 AM.

• Emi likes this

#7 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:25 PM

WOOT!!!

I agree with AnimalLover, the download process was pretty cumbersome.

#8 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:43 PM

I'm not sure what went wrong with you guys. I never had to download the game a second time, I just downloaded the demo installed it then bought and downloaded the Full Game DLC. Took about a half an hour to install (Nintendo you better fix the sluggish installation time in future consoles)

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#9 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:51 AM

The full game being DLC is exactly what was the problem.  They didn't give us the option to buy and download the full game without having to mess around with the demo.  Which means we had to download the full game twice because the demo is just the full game but locked after a few chapters for literally no reason.  And for those of us who don't have the best of internet connections we had to wait 4+ hours not only for the demo, but also for the full game.  There should have been an option to just purchase the full game from the get go for the people who already were going to buy it before finding out it was digital only.  Instead we had to download a free trial (which was the full game locked) and then had to redownload the whole game AGAIN just so we could unlock the game post chapter 2.  This means that the 4 hours it took for the free trial was doubled for no reason so I had to wait 8 hours before being allowed to play the full game.  It was annoying, tedious, and worst of all completely unnecessary.  It felt like they were intentionally making it as clunky and convoluted of a process as they possibly could for whatever reason.

If they ever release another game under digital only again I PLEAD with them to give the buyer the option to skip the free trial and go straight ahead and buy the full game from the start.  That way we can at least be spared of anymore nonsense than what we're already getting with digital only media.  Although obviously I would far prefer it if they just gave a standard retail physical release instead of forcing fans to shelve out hundreds of dollars for limited editions or hard drives and extension cords and outlets for storage space.

Edited by AnimalLover47999, 31 December 2015 - 01:54 AM.

#10 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:45 AM

When you first boot up the demo there is an option to buy the full game at the very bottom at the title screen. I download the demo first then bought the full game DLC afterwards without playing a minute of it at the eShop while it was downloading. From what I can gather, it sounds like you didn't know the demo ends once you finish chapter 1. If you did then please be more clear.

Edited by ナガクラ, 31 December 2015 - 02:49 AM.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#11 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 04:52 AM

That doesn't get rid of the problem.  I didn't play the demo at all either, but I still shouldn't have to download the demo before downloading the actual game.  There should be an option to download the full game instead of the demo.  This on top of the fact that the wait time is insanely stupid and very long plus the second download for no reason makes for a very bad first impression of the game and I don't blame anyone who said forget this and just washed their hands of the whole product instead of giving it a chance.  I can't see many casual players who are looking for a good game being enthralled with the idea of having to download such a huge game (that they may have to buy lots of extra stuff to make room for) with such a long download and installation time not once but twice for no discernible reason.  Also it ends after the second drop not the first drop.

Edited by AnimalLover47999, 31 December 2015 - 04:56 AM.

#12 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:37 AM

Sounds like you dont know what a free to play game is at all. This is how they all are.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#13 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:38 AM

Any other game demo I've ever heard of doesn't force you to download the demo before playing the game.  Even if it is commonplace that is a horrible business practice and they should not get a free pass for it.

#14 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:47 AM

But it is a Trail not a Demo and there is a huge difference.
When you download the trail you download half of the game and you must pay to get the second half.

What ナガクラ is saying is correct.

#15 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 01 January 2016 - 02:44 PM

My issue was mainly having Nintendo server issues and both downloads taking so long. (I did play the trial because I was curious if it differed any etc.) I think it took three tries to actually download the main game before finally getting it to work. Then of course after downloading, it had to install which took more time too,

Of course, let's remember I just got an entirely new system, so I was downloading updates. I also got said system RIGHT after the holidays. I'm sure a LOT of people got new game systems over the holidays and everyone was online at once etc.

I still think the trial was a great idea. I think if you could just directly download the game without downloading the trial that would be nice too. (I see what people are also saying, is that the trial is a portion of the game.) 

In a different setting, I am used to downloading a lot of games on the xbox360 faster, but I don't always pay attention to download times. :) I am sure they are comparable. Just usually used to downloading a trial OR game instead of AND (but just a different method)

#16 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:21 PM

Kenshin the fact of the matter is that it was a bad business decision to force people to download the trial before being allowed to buy the full game.  People shouldn't have to go through all these unnecessary hoops just to get something that they were already planning on doing.  It's a bad decision and not smart in the slightest nor is it convenient in the slightest especially with how long the download times were.  It doesn't matter if a free trial is typically like this' it's still a bad thing and Nintendo should be called out for their mistakes rather than lied to by saying they are making flawless and incredibly smart decisions that we are so appreciative of them doing.  They'll never improve as a company if we just accept what they do as the right decision and don't help them realize when something was a bad idea.  Especially not when the free trial was actually roughly the same size as the full game which gives the implication you are downloading the full game twice for no reason other than to waste your time unlocking it.  Nintendo isn't a bad company, but they shouldn't be given a pass just because we're worried that any negative criticism will cause them to kill of the franchise.  They aren't so petty as to do that.  Sales are what matters most to them in regards to keeping this series alive.

Free Trial or not there is no good reason that people who already were planning on buying the game from the get go shouldn't have had the option of doing so.

Edited by AnimalLover47999, 01 January 2016 - 06:24 PM.

#17 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:03 PM

Again you are NOT downloading the game twice. The DLC is 8186.6 MB according to the eshop and the rest is the trail which i think is less than 5GB.

I understand that it is better for us who wants to buy the full game without playing the trail to download the full game but what about the new players which are more important than us ?

I would download a random free trail for digital only game which is less than 5 GB but i will never download it if it was 15 GB.

Nintendo really doesn't deserve the hate it gets because you know without them you would still dream about Fatal Frame 4 even if it was a Kickstarter project( Clock Tower, Shenmue).

#18 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:18 AM

Yes, you are.  If you aren't then you are buying much more than 5 gigabytes because it took just about the same amount of time for downloading it as the game DLC.  It was at least 5000 blocks of data when it showed the progress on the demo for me so if you aren't downloading the whole game then they are making you download a whole lot more than just the prologue and first and second drops so the complaint still is valid.

New players are NOT more important to us.  We are all equally important.  If you want to get the more elitist mindset involved I'd say those who were there first and made them successful in the first place matter more but that's a very horrible and mean way of thinking so I won't think like that.  Secondly having an option is NEVER a bad thing.  I don't get why so many people recently are defending companies giving us limited choices as if it's okay or a good thing or that it would hurt them at all to give us more options.  I mean for physical release you could argue that it costs more for them but they lose literally NOTHING by giving an option to skip the nonsense and just buy the game from the start.  There was nothing they possibly could have lost from including that as an option therefore they have no reason to be defended for it.  Honestly, it's very insulting to say that new players matter more than us because they are people just as we are and our lives are just as important as theirs and our money is just as good as theirs.

And you still could?  I'm not saying that the free trial was a bad idea nor should it not have been done.  I'm saying there should have been a button for those of us who were going to buy it anyway to skip the free trial download.  That way people who wanted to try the free trial could do so without sacrificing the time and patience of others who already decided on getting the game.

Nintendo doesn't deserve all the undying praise they get either.  Firstly it's because of Nintendo of Japan that Fatal Frame 4 exists not Nintendo of America.  Therefore any and all criticism about Fatal Frame 5's distribution goes to the North American branch of the company, not the actual makers of the games nor the people who gave the game the go ahead.  Secondly a company should never just be praised with undying loyalty unless they never do something wrong which is something Nintendo does not hold the title of.  If you ever want things to get better you call them out of their mistakes while they are still new mistakes.  That way they won't make bigger mistakes because they never got told it was a bad idea.  As the people who make them their money we have the right and the obligation to call them out when they do bad things.  If we just sit back and accept it all or blindly tell them you're doing perfectly then we both are the source of the problem, but we also have no right to complain when worse things happen because of our blind loyalty.

Edited by AnimalLover47999, 02 January 2016 - 12:21 AM.

#19 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 219 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:33 PM

They DESERVE all the praise because they are funding ane helping the development of the series since the fourth game ( 2008 ).

Look at Silent Hill, Clock Tower, Haunting Ground, Alone in the dark and most of the horror game series (expect Resident Evil). They are dead now even though they were selling Millions while the best selling FF game didn't reach half a million.

Nintendo didn't only fund and help developing the game but they kept the same team who did the first games which is why the series is awesome and improving.

I don't care if the next game is a japan only game as long as they are making one.i will buy it and play it because this is the only series i care about and i will stop caring about video games if they stop making Fatal Frame games.

I really hope the next game is JP only so you can learn to be thankful about what you get.

It is really a silly reason because downloading a 13 GB file = 8GB + 5GB. ( it took a whole day for me to download both files ).

#20 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 07:48 PM

That's Nintendo of Japan that's funding that.  Not Nintendo of America.  They don't deserve praise unless praise is warranted and NOA does not deserve any praise in my books.  There's no point in being grateful when they have done nothing but the barest of bare minimum to release FF5 over here.

You seem to be misunderstanding everything that I'm saying.  NOJ is not connected to NOA in terms of what they make or how much something sells over there.  NOJ is the one funding these games and if the games continue selling as well over there as they have been then there's no fear in the game series dying even if it becomes Japan only.

I'm not being ungrateful towards Nintendo themselves Kenshin.  I'm very thankful that Fatal Frame hasn't died out.  However that doesn't mean I have to lie to myself and say that every decision each branch of Nintendo makes is the wise or right decision to make.  That would make me a fanboy and I've tredded that road before and don't want to do so again.

That's debatable whether they are improving or not.  Personally FF5 is my least favorite game in the series so far because of the story and the fact that the ghosts have no backgrounds whatsoever compared to previous games.  Gameplay wise it can be loads of fun in terms of combat and when the game lets you exploration.  But that doesn't make up for the blandness of the ghosts and the completely bland story (even without character ruining taken into consideration.)

So you'll want the next game to be Japan only just to spite me?  That's a really selfish thing to want because that denies everyone else the opportunity of playing this series just so you can prove a very misguided and flat out wrong point to me.  We have no reason to be thankful when they made everything so non user friendly.  We are the consumers, we have the right to tell them when they are messing up and we should tell them so they can do better next time.  Lying to them because we're afraid of the series dying (which it won't unless the creators decide to stop making the games) is not the right way to go.

There's no reason to praise NOA for FF5's release over here when they did it in a way that shows they don't care and just did it to make a quick buck in the most lazy way possible.  I'm glad I got the chance to play FF5, but the completely unnecessary download times (for two downloads, one that wasn't needed) plus the fact that most people had to spend much more money than they should have just to make room for the game makes Nintendo of America lose any reason for me to be grateful to them.  By that logic I guess Metroid fans should be grateful about Federation Force despite it being nothing like a Metroid game AND it being the first thing in 5 years since Other M which was hated.  Or, I guess Paper Mario fans should be grateful for Sticker Star despite it being the most boring and underwhelming game I've ever played which lacks everything that made Paper Mario so beloved in the first place?  That's horrible logic Kenshin.  Combined with the fact that the game was pretty underwhelming anyway and I don't really have a good reason to give NOA my undying love and praise like you do.

A whole day is way too long for a download, plus one of the downloads wasn't needed.  They just forced us to do it because they were either lazy or didn't care.  It's not a silly reason to be upset because it was very clunky.  Kenshin we have genuine and very valid complaints against Nintendo for this.  Constructive criticism isn't a bad thing.  What is a bad thing is saying things like they made the right decision when they didn't and saying that new players matter more than us which is just flat out wrong.

Edited by AnimalLover47999, 03 January 2016 - 01:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users