Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (12 October 2017 - 12:37 PM) Maybe Spirit Camera since I don't replay that very often...
GreekShadow : (12 October 2017 - 02:45 PM) I might replay FF3.Not sure if I should start a brand new playthrough or one with my unlockes though hmmm.I have years to play FF3 ;_;
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) Just think: yukatas.   :icon_ff3miku1:
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) (Why Rei doesn't have a blue one will forever be a mystery)
asagi : (12 October 2017 - 04:37 PM) I want to replay the games but mom threw the ps3 out of the window :zca rei:
Eisenalex : (12 October 2017 - 11:16 PM) Why would she do that?
Eisenalex : (14 October 2017 - 11:30 AM) I just learned that there's apparently a manga based on Siren made by Junji Ito.
Hex : (15 October 2017 - 01:11 PM) If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's unsurprisingly pretty gross.
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 02:20 PM) It's Junji Ito. Of course it gets either super weird or gross, lol.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 03:15 PM) And me being curious I had to look it up. Yup definitely gross XD
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:17 PM) Did you think it was that bad? I enjoy Ito's stuff a lot.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 05:32 PM) Meh.. It wasn't all that bad. Just more unsettling than "gross". Those weird worm girls or whatever are way worse *cringes*
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:41 PM) I'm not sure what you mean by "worm girls". He did a couple of slug-transformations, though.
NightmarePic... : (16 October 2017 - 11:02 PM) That was it.. yup lol
Hex : (17 October 2017 - 05:33 PM) My new washing machine makes jingles whenever it's finished like an ice cream van.
NightmarePic... : (17 October 2017 - 06:12 PM) I... don't think that's good Hex.. You might want to check what's in there other than clothes lol
Kouta Koikawa : (17 October 2017 - 06:28 PM) Maybe they come with entertaining sound effects these days.
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:15 PM) A lot of the new ones are supposed to chime to let you know when the cycle is done
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:16 PM) Mine does, at least
Eisenalex : (17 October 2017 - 09:59 PM) The future is now.

Photo

Why did he do it?

Fatal Frame V Kyozo Kururugi

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

• Spirited Aways
  • 675 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:22 AM

I'm a bit confused as to why Kyozo went on such a rampage?  And why he later said he didn't kill them?  And what's up with the scene of the shrine maiden who's chasing him (the one who looks like she's wearing mascara that's gotten wet)?  Does anyone know the answer to this or have any idea as to the why it happened like this?

#2 OFFLINE   Eiko82

Eiko82

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:32 AM

We'll never know what secret Kyozo wanted to protect so badly. As far as I know, it's never stated in the game.

We do know that he came to the mountain to die. But when the shrine maiden started to glance at his sins/secrets, he freaked out, not wanting her to know 'his secret'. Suddenly, he didn't want to die with a shrine maiden present. So he fled. However, the rules of the mountains are that once you go to the mountain to die, you have to stay. That's the reason why one of the shrine maidens was chasing him.

He managed to outrun her and then later, he came back to massacre everyone. Once he had killed everyone, he felt that he could finally die alone and in peace.

kuontag.png

#3 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Vampire Slayer in Training

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationSunnydale

Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:15 AM

I didn't really think about it much but....

Theory 1
He killed somebody (or more than one) and chooses to end his life at the mountain. He probably worked hard to keep it secret because he somehow got away with murder. When the maiden looked inside him he probably thought twice about it then ran away only to come back and kill them then die afterwards from burning himself alive.

Theory 2
Almost the same as theory 1. He had a secret (unknown) then ran away and come back to kill them. The "I didn't kill them!" is a stage of denial he is in of what he did so he burned himself alive.

Kinda symbolic of "burning in hell for his mistakes" I guess sense death by burning is known to be one of the worse ways to go.

Edited by ナガクラ, 06 November 2015 - 08:16 AM.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#4 OFFLINE   koko

koko

Lost Twin

• Administrators
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:08 AM

You forgot about the part where he fell in love with one of them and murdered her because she was true to her cause. He then slaughtered them all and gouged their eyes out because he didn't want them to look at him the way she had.

It's stated in game, IIRC.

#5 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,103 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:43 AM

I've always thought that was a legend that sprung up later to explain what happened, rather than his actual reason. It doesn't seem to match up with what we see in the mitori scenes, and even the note about it says, "Though only a legend, the story is believed to be based on an actual incident." Although I'm not sure why they'd include that so early in the game when the whole thing is already so vague, except to muddy the waters (no pun intended), and since we don't get any other explanation I can't really argue if people want to accept that one.

I personally think it had something to do with Shino Kururugi - probably more incest - but who even knows.

#6 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationSunnydale

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:14 AM

You forgot about the part where he fell in love with one of them and murdered her because she was true to her cause. He then slaughtered them all and gouged their eyes out because he didn't want them to look at him the way she had.

It's stated in game, IIRC.

Forgot about that, like Mid said, a lot of details were said very early in the game that I guess its pretty much forgettable for some people including myself. Now I'm more confused cuz my theory is shattered. I'm not sure if I can come up with another.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#7 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:17 PM

The thing about falling in love with one of them is an urban legend based around the event. Not sure why they'd be dropping red herrings about something they never intended to fully explain, especially right at the start, but there it is. If you use the Voice lens on him (go do this and see what everyone says, it's quite enlightening) you hear what makes up 99% of the actual plot revolving around him. I don't know what the official English version is, but he's a quick version of the JP text:

Don't look at me. Don't look at me. I killed that man with my own hands. I did it to protect Sister. He defiled her. But Sister went to the mountain. It's because they called her there. Yes - I'll kill them. I must kill them all. I must kill them.

So something happens between a man and Shino that Kyozo doesn't like, so he kills him, and she goes to the mountain to kill herself. He believes that it's the shrine maidens' fault for calling her there and massacres them, as part of a campaign to destroy the mountain and leave no trace of it behind. His sister's quotes are about her apologising and telling someone to wait, and that she'll be seeing them again soon, and can't wait. Going by Kyozo's quotes she's talking about the man he killed. From this you can guess a vague outline of what went on - Shino had a man friend that Kyozo viewed as having "defiled" his sister, knowing this game because he wanted her to himself because incest trumps all, so he killed him; Shino apparently didn't feel the same way and was upset and wanted to be with the guy again and went to kill herself so Kyozo, who I guess was ignoring his sister's wishes because he had some kind of feelings for her that weren't reciprocated, lost it and went a-massacring, blaming her death on the shrine maidens instead of his own actions, because he was just "protecting" her and didn't really do anything wrong.

His "secret" is most likely about having feelings for his sister, because I've lost the ability of think of anyone in this series as just a protective sibling, though I suppose you could guess that it might be because of the murder as well. To me, at least, it seems likely that he wouldn't be so paranoid about them finding out about the man, because as far as he's concerned it was for a good cause, and all of the hysteria about being looked at would be understandable if you met a bunch of magical women who could see your darkest secrets and figure out that you're in love with your sister. To put it shortly, it sounds like something You Haibara would say and do, and we know his track record with sisters. That's all the information we have, so unless Shibata says more about it we're only ever going to be able to guess.

• midwinter, Hex, ナガクラ and 3 others like this

AAHOrHo.gif

#8 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationSunnydale

Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:05 PM

His "secret" is most likely about having feelings for his sister,

You heard it here first folks, more incest to go around

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#9 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

• Spirited Aways
  • 675 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:27 PM

Ah okay.  Thank you!  That lens sounds like it could be hard to get since I don't know what mitori's I'm missing but we'll see as we go!

#10 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:36 PM

You get it for 100% file completion, which means doing all of Ayane's chapters as well. The 100% ghost list one is different. Once you have it you just equip it and take a photo with it of the ghost/person you like and it plays their thoughts (though it's hard to hear if it's anything like the JP version).

AAHOrHo.gif

#11 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

• Spirited Aways
  • 675 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:51 PM

Oh.  I already have the See Lens so that means I did Mitori them all.  Must not have noticed.  Thanks for the info.  :)

#12 OFFLINE   Amour-Tordue

Amour-Tordue

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 November 2015 - 09:31 AM

When I first saw him being chased I was surprised by how upset she looked. She's thrown off all her orrnaments and has makeup running down her face perhaps from crying. Since they are usully so very composed and calm (even when his supposed sister is mitori-ed, which I assumed would include the dead boyfriend thing) I wondered what super messed up things must have been in his head for her to see that would have upset her so much. Granted perhaps they were super dedicated to the whole not leaving the mountains thing.

Does it Hurt?

#13 OFFLINE   FiliusMartis

FiliusMartis

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Administrators
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 03:39 AM

Can I just say how horrible and frustrating I find this? Whatever secret he had, whatever thing was his alone, was the original catalyst for the entire disaster, and it's so gross to be left wondering. Personally, I kept thinking and hoping that they were going to mix the two stories and him having had some infatuation or fixation on one of the maidens. That part of the legend is just so out there in comparison to what we see that it's weird to think of where it came from. 

It may be worth noting that the only things the maiden who is chasing him says are about the mountain and how he's not allowed to leave. Despite her appearance, she sounds calm, but that could be some psychic effect rather than word for word what was being spoken at the time. It does sort of echo in the background.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Kyozo Kururugi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users