Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
NuMetalWolf : (10 November 2018 - 09:53 PM) I'll try this on for now.
midwinter : (10 November 2018 - 09:53 PM) and with html you'll want to add a <br> at the end of every line where you want a line break, too
NuMetalWolf : (10 November 2018 - 09:56 PM) Alright! I got it.
NuMetalWolf : (10 November 2018 - 09:57 PM) And thanks for the tip. And the help.
midwinter : (10 November 2018 - 09:57 PM) No problem! Glad you got it working!
NuMetalWolf : (10 November 2018 - 10:04 PM) "...I have walked among men and angels for three thousand years. Time has no end... no beginning... no purpose. I wander the earth, seeking forgiveness for my horrible crimes against God and man. I live to see death and destruction, evil... over the light, but the light cannot be extinguished. I live in a prison of my own demise.' I am lost...in time"
NuMetalWolf : (10 November 2018 - 10:05 PM) Oops..
NuMetalWolf : (10 November 2018 - 10:07 PM) Mid? Do you see huge letters in the shoutbox?
midwinter : (10 November 2018 - 10:18 PM) just regular size
midwinter : (10 November 2018 - 10:18 PM) i think that's something that happens on mobile, i'm pretty sure i've seen it before
NuMetalWolf : (10 November 2018 - 10:23 PM) Oh, okay. Cant i delete posts in the shoutbox?
NuMetalWolf : (10 November 2018 - 10:24 PM) I mean my own comments
NuMetalWolf : (10 November 2018 - 10:28 PM) I guess not.
NuMetalWolf : (10 November 2018 - 10:29 PM) Well, I gotta go. Once again, thanks for your help earlier.
NuMetalWolf : (12 November 2018 - 09:59 AM) Man, how. Depressing.
NuMetalWolf : (14 November 2018 - 04:06 AM) God, this place is empty.
Kicksville : (15 November 2018 - 01:52 AM) more room for ghosts
Chou : (15 November 2018 - 01:54 PM) It is empty-ish.... but we're also over on the Discord server :)
Rezz : (15 November 2018 - 07:52 PM) Discord kind of took over for the Shoutbox
Rezz : (15 November 2018 - 07:52 PM) Also the fandom is more or less dead but hey

Photo
- - - - -

Fatal Frame 4 on WiiU

Fatal Frame IV Wii U Localization Opinion

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Gbarchetta

Gbarchetta

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:15 PM

I really like the Japanese cover for DCB 

• Daz Hinasaki likes this

#22 OFFLINE   Daz Hinasaki

Daz Hinasaki

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 66 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:44 PM

Play Asia has it too. I seem to have bought Yes Asia's last copy months back :P

they still have it and it's on sale! Lol even the box art looks better than mine because that kusabi guy... I want nothing to do with him lol

This box art us awesome! :)

Attached Files

It's raining again...

#23 OFFLINE   DecemberMan

DecemberMan

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:23 AM

NoE seem to like flashing the cash and don't really give a damn about profits if they're still bringing these games over, which is probably why they supposedly were originally going to localise 4 but then cancelled. That whole thing is still kind of a rumour-shrouded mystery, but if NoE weren't willing to touch it then obviously it was dead in the water. Barring a remake, it's probably time to let it go.

I've been working in the industry for several years now and one thing is certain: this isn't a charity, it's a business. Fatal Frame games are being localized and released in Europe because they most likely sell well enough to turn a profit. Must not be the case in America, since the FF2 remake wasn't released there at all and FF5 was released only digitally. FFIV has game breaking glitches and poor performance, making it a huge risk to sell it in Europe; no wonder they decided to skip it entirely.

Players boycotting FF5 in America for not having a retail release will only make it worse for NA. The people working at Nintendo look at the sales figures: had FF sold well enough to warrant a retail release, you would've gotten it. If they see that FF5 sold poorly because of users boycotting it, they won't think "gee, we surely would've turned a profit had we released a retail version", they will think "welp, we attempted selling a digital version and didn't get jack sh*t, so we won't release a new FF in America even digitally". 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame IV, Wii U, Localization, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users