Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (14 June 2018 - 10:10 PM) all the rumours and stuff from the thread in the Fatal Frame News forum
midwinter : (14 June 2018 - 11:01 PM) Mr Johnny> I dunno what to say, dude. I'm sure no one wants you to feel tortured. But people shouldn't pretend to believe claims that sound really unlikely just because you're invested in it, either
midwinter : (14 June 2018 - 11:01 PM) I guess just... try not to take things so personally. It's not a reflection on you if people have doubts, it's just common sense
Chou : (15 June 2018 - 02:57 PM) No one is personally attacking you over the rumors, we just have doubts as there's been no other news and no other sources reporting anything
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:09 AM) I know folks I Very much know but it is my strange habbit to open up to strangers
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:11 AM) and I know Very much no one is attacking me I am not a baka but as I said the events of these past years was harsh to me
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:13 AM) even my Zodiac sign feature this strange habit,
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:16 AM) I just wanted to spend my Holiday with you guy and don't understand you as a whole the reason of my struggles cause you never was EVER!!! P.s "baka" is not my intended word, obv.
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:25 AM) I did't intend to make melodrama it is in your codswalloping mind. What a naive thinking.
midwinter : (18 June 2018 - 03:43 PM) Okay, enough. This isn't going anywhere helpful so just drop it, please
midwinter : (18 June 2018 - 04:03 PM) I've been thinking about the FF4 anniversary next month - would anyone be interested in a little drabble/paint art fest or something?
midwinter : (18 June 2018 - 04:03 PM) Nothing big, I just feel bad that we always seem to miss celebrating anniversaries
TomoChan : (18 June 2018 - 11:38 PM) I would be interested! I actually started drawing a picture of the FF4 cast for the anniversary :P hard to believe it's ten years old.
Chou : (19 June 2018 - 06:28 PM) I haven't drawn in foooorever but I'd try and join!
midwinter : (19 June 2018 - 07:02 PM) \o/
midwinter : (19 June 2018 - 07:03 PM) anyone else reading, CONSIDER THIS YOUR PEER PRESSURE
Chou : (19 June 2018 - 07:15 PM) Yeeessss! The spiritual power of all the  ghosts demand you all join!
Chou : (19 June 2018 - 07:16 PM) and hopefully by that point I've finished the game lol
midwinter : (19 June 2018 - 09:31 PM) i'm cheering for you!
Chou : (20 June 2018 - 01:36 PM) \o/ !!! I can't believe it's been 10 years since the game... 8 years since the patch was completed. Craziness!

Photo
- - - - -

Fatal Frame 4 on WiiU

Fatal Frame IV Wii U Localization Opinion

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Daz Hinasaki

Daz Hinasaki

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 66 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

Posted 01 November 2015 - 04:49 PM

So I have finished fatal frame 4 lots of times no and it is one of my favourite games in the series and the only reason I still hold on to my Wii. Now that fatal frame 5 is out, and hoping it sells well, will Nintendo finally release the 4th game outside Japan. They don't have to give it English voice cast just give it an official release! Even if it's digital only. I love Nintendo but their treatment of the series is beyond a joke.

It's raining again...

#2 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:09 PM

The short answer? No. Look at how they seemed to dawdle over releasing 5. If they weren't willing to release 4 when it was brand new and everyone and their goldfish owned a Wii and yet horror games were still selling abysmally, they certainly won't be now. Even a localisation probably isn't worth the money to the point where, as we know, 5 didn't even get a physical release in NA, and paying to fix the bugs on top of that for a dead system for an already niche, low-selling game is just not worth it for them. If it didn't have the bugs then I guess it might have had an outside chance of a digital release, but with the bugs I just don't see it happening without a remake. There's just nothing in it for them. I highly doubt 5 sold all that well either, guessing by the JP sales and people refusing to buy it for silly reasons/it being digital only, and it's a risky investment to make for what's probably a very small profit in the best case scenario for a game that's 7 years old already. If they decide that 5 sold well enough then they might localise a remake in the future, but I don't see them touching the original.

Also, re not needing a dub, it does. The same way people complain about a game being dubbed, people will also complain about a game not being dubbed. This is also a special case where there are a fair few unsubbed spoken lines, so you would miss several things without a dub. They pretty much would need to do one, and that would be yet another expense they would probably never make back. Not to mention that after the backlash to 5 I can't see a point in releasing it digitally only anyway. People said that they wanted 5 whatever it took, and then when it was announced they constantly found reasons to boycott it. The same would likely happen here. I can feel it coming.

• Rheo, Yashuu, ナガクラ and 6 others like this

AAHOrHo.gif

#3 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:57 AM

I hope so !

No one can predict Nintendo's next step.

They released Earthbound Beginnings a game that was Japan only since 1989 on Wii u in English this year because Earthbound did great on the eshop.

So It all depends if Fatal Frame 5 exceeded their expectations or not.

#4 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:26 AM

Basically what Homuranagi said.

What I'm looking forward is the day people actually stop asking about this subject. The answer is and will always be no, it will not be localized.

• Yashuu, ナガクラ and Gbarchetta like this

yuri.gif
hi i used to be beni kthxbye

#5 OFFLINE   Daz Hinasaki

Daz Hinasaki

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 66 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:08 AM

I really hope fatal frame 5 does well but the way it's being handled is a different story. I know a lot of people in NA are boycotting the game because it didn't get a physical release, it's also not fair that here in the UK, get an awesome special edition while the US get nothing. Not only that, but I see a lot of complaints that the memory in a lot of Wii u consoles is too small for the full game. Now back to fatal frame 4. Why is it that they remade the 2nd game (love that one btw) instead of localizing the 4th game? Is that not less expensive? If Nintendo keep this up we are going to see a great series die and this is something none of us want.

Edited by Daz Hinasaki, 02 November 2015 - 11:11 AM.

It's raining again...

#6 OFFLINE   Gbarchetta

Gbarchetta

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 02 November 2015 - 04:28 PM

They remade the 2nd game beceause that's the game most people know from the series and think it's the best one. 

Fatal Frame 4 will never be localized and that's a pity. But at least we got a translation patch and I'm very thankful for that! 

• koko and Daz Hinasaki like this

#7 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

• 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 02 November 2015 - 04:39 PM

For starters, NoJ are the ones dealing with the actual making of the games. NoA and E just pop up afterwards to decide whether they want them or not, and for whatever reason NoJ has decided to keep ploughing along and pumping the games out despite them being less than fantastic sellers. Given how terribly 2's remake and Spirit Camera sold overseas, I think it's pretty safe to say that the ones making the game don't care about hypothetical localisations when they decide to make something. If they were interested in sales from other regions they would have given up after SC (which has 16k first week/20k lifetime in Japan and I believe around 5k in Europe). Either the Japanese market is keeping the series afloat fine enough by itself, or they just really, really want this as a jewel in their crown for whatever reason.

The thing about remaking 2 is that they knew already that it was the most popular game. They had a guaranteed seller, and all they had to do was update the graphics, slap on a modified version of 4's controls and add a couple of new things. We're talking about a game that is constantly lauded as one of the scariest of all time, that constantly makes it into top 10 lists and virtually everyone loves. What happened to it? It didn't even sell 25k domestically in the first week, and ended up with a rather pathetic reported total of slightly over 32k at the end of the year. 2 on PS2 sold 64k domestically in its first week back in 2003. A remake of the most popular game in the series, in its entire lifetime, just barely sold half of the first week of the original. If you were NoA or NoE looking at those stats, would you want anything to do with it? I'm still honestly not sure why NoE keep localising the games. It's almost a miracle that they are. Localising 5 is probably a last ditch attempt by NoA to see if they can get this thing to sell.

The reported sales for 4 were around 73k in the first week, which was the peak of the series so far. We have no data after that, but even then it had sold about twice what 5 did in its first week. 5 has a lifetime of only 46k. Even if they did fix it up, dub it and release it virtually, between the lack of people who own a Wii U and quite hugely falling sales overall since 4, it would honestly probably be a pretty bad idea financially to release it at this point because it just barely has an audience, domestically or otherwise. If a brand new game can't bring in 50k, a release of such an old game is basically doomed. Doesn't really matter if it's more or less expensive than anything else since it's both being handled by different branches and almost guaranteed not to be worth it financially. I'm also pretty sure the size of 4 comes close to the storage limit of the basic Wii U, so you would have the exact same complaints about it being too big, even if it's quite a bit smaller than 5, and we'd just be back to the eternal cycle of demanding a physical release.

As long as NoJ want it, the series won't die. The job people have is to convince NoA that the games are worth it, and you won't do that by managing to find something to complain about in every single thing they do like some people have been, you'll do it by people actually buying the game. Limited editions are just incentives and sure, they're nice, but they're also not cheap to produce and detract nothing from the overall experience if you don't have them. If you wait months and months to get ice cream and then see someone else with sprinkles on theirs, you aren't going to throw yours to the ground and storm off because theirs is slightly nicer looking than yours; you're going to finish every last bit of that ice cream and then go back to eagerly waiting for more. Japan didn't get a special edition, either - it's not like NA is being singled out and bullied or something. It isn't hard to see why they're are so wary of the costs of a physical release. People cared enough about getting 4 to do an actual fan translation, but some people refuse to even touch 5 just because there are no bikinis. Things have changed. NoE seem to like flashing the cash and don't really give a damn about profits if they're still bringing these games over, which is probably why they supposedly were originally going to localise 4 but then cancelled. That whole thing is still kind of a rumour-shrouded mystery, but if NoE weren't willing to touch it then obviously it was dead in the water. Barring a remake, it's probably time to let it go.

• midwinter, GregZerO, Yashuu and 6 others like this

AAHOrHo.gif

#8 OFFLINE   Daz Hinasaki

Daz Hinasaki

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 66 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:09 PM

I think the series would sell great on an Xbox or playstation. I love Nintendo but the Wiiu failed pretty bad :( I really hope the NX does well and give Nintendo more of a boost in popularity again so we can see more games in the series. A lot of people complained about the controls but I found them to be fine, or maybe I was just used to them lol.
It's raining again...

#9 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:44 PM

The series would die if it was Xbox.  The Xbox versions of 1 and 2 did terribly in Japan which is where the primary market of the series is.  I assume they realized this was a bad idea and is why there's no Xbox version of 3.

I agree with everything Homunaragi said.  I love Fatal Frame IV.  I really do.  I think that while it has some glaring issues it still managed to be a solid entry in the series and did a wonderful job of bringing the series into the 7th generation.  However people asking Nintendo of America or Europe to localize it for the Wii U don't seem to realize how these kinds of things work.  The only way they'd ever localize 4 is if it got a remake or a Wii U port released in Japan that fixes the bugs and fine tunes the gameplay.  Asking the branches of Nintendo that have nothing to do with the making of the games for there to be a verison of the game on a system it wasn't built for isn't going to get us anything. 

On another topic, I think that if NOE can afford to pretty much throw money around to give their fans a limited physical release then NOA can most certainly afford to do the same.  They just have chosen not to.  I personally cannot give NOA a pass on the matter if NOE does it for their fans as that is vastly unfair, but that's just the hand we've been dealt and I understand the financial reasons behind it.  I just feel there should be consistancy between the branches and if one branch treats its market better I think the other should step up its game rather than the other one backing down.  At the same time though I don't understand why NOE is so much more interested in the series since I think it's roughly just as popular over there as over here.  I just hope that the people who have boycotted the game or aren't buying it for stupid reasons like censorship (of outfits that don't impact the experience) or even those who aren't buying it because it's not released physically (which is a much more valid reason because of how clunky and long the download process is and how much money you'll have to invest if you already have a full Wii U storage wise) doesn't make Nintendo of America decide to just wash their hands of the series completely. 

Also Kenshin.  EarthBound Beginnings and Fatal Frame 4 are two very different cases that can't be fairly compared.  EarthBound Beginnings is a port of the "Earth Bound" Prototype English version of Mother.  Back in the NES days Mother 1 actually was planned to be released in North America and was fully translated, it just was never released because of the Super Nintendo's soon to be released status and the company feared people wouldn't be interested in a new NES game when the SNES was about to launch.  NOA and NOE literally had to put no money into translating or altering the game in any way to put it on the e-shop.  All they had to do (and all they did) was get the prototype English rom (which is incredibly easy to find and download) and upload it to the e-shop.  Fatal Frame IV is a much different case because the game was never officially translated so they can't just pluck a rom off of the internet and upload it to the e-shop for people to buy.  They'd have to actually put time and money into translating it which I do not see them doing ever unless it gets a re-release or remake in Japan.

And as much as I love both Mother and Fatal Frame I cannot compare the two in terms of profitability.  Fatal Frame is a cult hit and definitely is the most marketable out of all of the niche Horror game franchises out there, but the Mother series has exploded in popularity to the point of being mainstream and even being pretty profitable.  Both EarthBound and EarthBound Beginnings were the highest selling Wii U e-shop games when they were released on them (which was a very beautiful and wonderful thing for me to see as a fan of the series).  Fatal Frame 5 isn't the top selling Wii U game/e-shop game as far as I'm aware (and most definitely won't be as long as it has that insane download time).

Edited by AnimalLover47999, 02 November 2015 - 07:44 PM.

• Daz Hinasaki likes this

#10 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:02 PM

Stay positive guys !!!

Do you all remember when we all were saying that Fatal Frame 5 will never be localized ?

I will continue believing that we WILL get it !

Remember my word everyone because NOBODY can predict Nintendo's next step.
  • Daz Hinasaki likes this

#11 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

• 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:34 PM

On PlayStation maybe - 4 only sold a few thousand more than 3 did, so it's not like there was a massive leap in sales, and sales overall were better on PS2 - but it's hard to say roughly what the sales would be because it's been with Nintendo for so long. If it was on the Xbox then it would be totally dead. Xbox just isn't a thing in Japan. There's a reason why copies of the JP Xbox versions of 1 and 2 are so rare and expensive (yes, that is $120 for a used copy of FF2), and why they never sold enough units to make it onto a chart so we have no idea what the actual sales were. I don't know how well they did overseas (which is the market you'd assume they were initially made to entice), but you'd have to sell a lot extra of those to make up for the sharp drop in domestic sales you would have on the Xbox, and I don't think it has that kind of selling power. The series is so deeply rooted in Nintendo these days, increasingly so, that I don't think we'll be going back to another system any time soon, and it's highly likely that nothing after 3 would have been made without Nintendo (I think the team disbanded and planned not to make any more games after 3, but I can't remember whether that was a rumour or if I actually read that somewhere), especially with Tecmo's financial mess at the time. This is what we've got and we're basically going to have to live with it. It's always going to be niche no matter what system it's on, and it's kind of amazing that it's survived this long at all with what little incentive there must be to make more. I don't think we'll ever see this series sell super well without totally rebuilding it and taking away what makes it what it is - which is kind of what they're doing, and all we can do is hope that they don't take too far. It's more a case of just justifying the making of more of them.

On another topic, I think that if NOE can afford to pretty much throw money around to give their fans a limited physical release then NOA can most certainly afford to do the same.  They just have chosen not to.

That's exactly the case. They're not going to be making much money on this in the first place, and leaking more money in creating something that's only really for existing fans who will already be buying the game isn't a worthwhile expense for them, since the entire point of this is convincing people to buy the game. Sure they can afford to do it, but if they already didn't see any merit in releasing the other games (likely for financial reasons) they certainly won't be leaping at the chance to expend any more money than absolutely necessary. NoE are just too extravagant for their own good, I guess. I don't think I'll ever understand the ways in which they work.

Do you all remember when we all were saying that Fatal Frame 5 will never be localized ?

This isn't the same case at all. FF5 isn't broken and 7 years old on a dead system, and still NoA were reluctant to release it. We've had 3 games since then, and still not a peep of localisation - even games that are 3 years old still seem to be pushing it, and this is more than twice that. 5's localisation only took around 6 months to be announced. I'll believe that 4 has a chance at being localised when they confirm that it's being localised and no sooner. If you still think we're getting it, fine, but there's a point when optimism becomes stubbornness. There's just no reason to believe right now that it's going to happen. Like I said, 4 was the only one that NoE didn't end up releasing. There has to be a reason for that. If they had already started localising it and then stopped, which is what apparently happened, there was a reason. You don't start dumping money into something and then just randomly stop because you don't care anymore. If 7 years on, on top of dumping pots of money into localisations and even a limited edition, even NoE don't want to touch it then there really is no reason to think that it's going to come over. Lots of work and financial commitment, little to no reward. In the end it's down to business, not the whims of the fans, whether the fans like that or not. Keep buying the games and hope that eventually they listen to you. If it does come over then we can have the head of whichever branch localises it canonised for performing a miracle, because that's what it will take at this point.

• GregZerO, ナガクラ, calne and 3 others like this

AAHOrHo.gif

#12 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:38 PM

I'm not saying that Fatal Frame 4 will never be released outside of Japan.  That's not something anyone can say with absolute 100% certainty.  I am however saying that it won't be released outside of Japan unless it gets a re-release or full on remake inside Japan first.  It's been too long for Nintendo of America or Europe to put in all that extra money to basically create a brand new version of the game themselves while Japan doesn't get an updated version.  I'm also saying that using EarthBound Beginnings as evidence that they are more inclined to bring it over doesn't work because they are two very different situations and two very different sizes of fanbase.

Do I believe that Fatal Frame is a big enough series that it can make a profit that gets back the costs of localization?  Yes, I do.  There has to be at least some financial reason that Nintendo of Europe has consistantly put money into translating, localizing, and marketing the games (sans 4) and even Nintendo of America was at least willing to release Spirit Camera and this game over here.  If anything I think that at least implies that DCB didn't come over to North America because of how late in the lifespan of the Wii it ended up being released in and how complacent Nintendo of America themselves were being with any games outside of either the "mainstream" Nintendo appeal (Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon), or games that were made to appeal to the casual audience that made the Wii as popular as it was a few years there.  I don't think DCB not getting released in North America had much to do with it being Fatal Frame but more with how it didn't fit into what NOA wanted at that specific time just like many games didn't or almost didn't make it over here (thank you X-Seed).  I think Fatal Frame is still profitable over here, but not so profitable that Nintendo of America isn't going to jump at the chance to bring it over at lower costs than it could have.  I think they should because NOE is doing that but if that's their mindset then the only thing we can do to show that the series is worth it is buy the game on the e-shop, rate it highly, and tell people about the game so that they might be willing to check it out even with the hassles that go into it.

I'm kind of curious as to how people are going to react if the rumors of the NX being digital only are true.  Because then that would mean that every game is digital only on Nintendo platforms including Fatal Frame.  I'm hoping people don't try to boycott everything then.

Edited by AnimalLover47999, 03 November 2015 - 08:38 PM.

• Chrysalis likes this

#13 OFFLINE   Daz Hinasaki

Daz Hinasaki

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 66 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:40 PM

I really don't know why they bother to release the Xbox one in Japan lol but I do think the series would do well on playstation. Yeah I'm just loving in hope because I can add it to my collection instead of having the game on a USB drive :P but maybe the failure of the Wii U will give Nintendo the bost they need to get back in the game. On the ps4 I get most of my games digitally so I have no problem with Nintendo doin that with the NX. In saying that most other people would have a problem with it. Unfortunately I know that the gaming industry is all about licence and setbacks. I never thought I would be playing Fatal Frame 5 anytime soon let alone have a limited edition sitting on my shelf. It will be interesting to see how the 5th game sells because I've seen no marketing of it here in the UK. I'm happy I still get to play the 4th game.
It's raining again...

#14 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:55 PM

tbh with how the title of the topic and the op post was worded I thought you were asking about running the game on a non-Japanese system with the patch. Which you can and could still do since over a year ago without Nintendo detecting it. 

People just need to let Fatal Frame 4 go. Its already translated, its still in stock brand new for a reasonable price for an import ($50+) after all these years that its surprising, deal with it.

• Chrysalis and Daz Hinasaki like this

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#15 OFFLINE   Daz Hinasaki

Daz Hinasaki

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 66 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:05 PM

tbh with how the title of the topic and the op post was worded I thought you were asking about running the game on a non-Japanese system with the patch. Which you can and could still do since over a year ago without Nintendo detecting it.
People just need to let Fatal Frame 4 go. Its already translated, its still in stock brand new for a reasonable price for an import ($50+) after all these years that its surprising, deal with it.

No, I have the game just not a physical copy lol

Edited by Daz Hinasaki, 02 November 2015 - 09:10 PM.

It's raining again...

#16 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:16 AM

No, I have the game just not a physical copy lol

As the fourth game was only sold physically - not clever to advertise it if you've downloaded it illegally ;) please buy the actual game if you want to support the developers.

• koko and AnimalLover47999 like this

yuri.gif
hi i used to be beni kthxbye

#17 OFFLINE   Daz Hinasaki

Daz Hinasaki

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 66 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:59 PM

As the fourth game was only sold physically - not clever to advertise it if you've downloaded it illegally ;) please buy the actual game if you want to support the developers.

I would if I could find it :(
The only way I could get my hands on the game is on places like eBay. But that's not really any help to the developers as they would get none of the money lol

Tbh I've bought fatal frame 1 twice on Xbox once on ps2 and again on psn. Bought both versions of Fatal frame 2, one on Xbox the other on ps2 and on psn. Got the physical copy of Fatal frame 3 a few years ago and again on psn. Got the Japanese strategy guide for 4 (came in handy even that I don't speak or read Japanese) lol and the special edition of Fatal frame 5.is there a stratagy guide for ff5? Wouldn't mind that on the shelf. Lol I think I still have my Japanese import of ff1 somewhere.

Edited by Daz Hinasaki, 03 November 2015 - 12:53 PM.

It's raining again...

#18 OFFLINE   Chrysalis

Chrysalis

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 82 posts
  • LocationThrough the Looking Glass

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:13 PM

I would if I could find it :(
The only way I could get my hands on the game is on places like eBay. But that's not really any help to the developers as they would get none of the money lol

Tbh I've bought fatal frame 1 twice on Xbox once on ps2 and again on psn. Bought both versions of Fatal frame 2, one on Xbox the other on ps2 and on psn. Got the physical copy of Fatal frame 3 a few years ago and again on psn. Got the Japanese strategy guide for 4 (came in handy even that I don't speak or read Japanese) lol and the special edition of Fatal frame 5.is there a stratagy guide for ff5? Wouldn't mind that on the shelf. Lol I think I still have my Japanese import of ff1 somewhere.

Have you looked on play-asia? They seem to have it in stock pretty regularly. Also, I don't know if there are any restrictions on oversea sales, but amazon in the US has been keeping their stocks up. I just snagged my own copy of FF4 yesterday from there so I don't have to keep borrowing my brother's. I'm honestly shocked that this game is still as easy to find as it is, considering how old/buggy it is. I figured I needed to stop pushing my luck and grab it while I'm seeing it.

Such order in the midst of chaos makes me woozy and disoriented.

#19 OFFLINE   Daz Hinasaki

Daz Hinasaki

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 66 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:29 PM

Have you looked on play-asia? They seem to have it in stock pretty regularly. Also, I don't know if there are any restrictions on oversea sales, but amazon in the US has been keeping their stocks up. I just snagged my own copy of FF4 yesterday from there so I don't have to keep borrowing my brother's. I'm honestly shocked that this game is still as easy to find as it is, considering how old/buggy it is. I figured I needed to stop pushing my luck and grab it while I'm seeing it.

just checked play-asia.com and they still stock it! Not a bad price either so might just have toget it after Xmas! thanks!!

Also ment to say I have the Wii edition of Fatal frame 2 would love to get the Japanese version.
  • Chrysalis likes this
It's raining again...

#20 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:07 PM

Also ment to say I have the Wii edition of Fatal frame 2 would love to get the Japanese version.

Play Asia has it too. I seem to have bought Yes Asia's last copy months back :P

Edited by ナガクラ, 03 November 2015 - 07:11 PM.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame IV, Wii U, Localization, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users