Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (12 October 2017 - 12:37 PM) Maybe Spirit Camera since I don't replay that very often...
GreekShadow : (12 October 2017 - 02:45 PM) I might replay FF3.Not sure if I should start a brand new playthrough or one with my unlockes though hmmm.I have years to play FF3 ;_;
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) Just think: yukatas.   :icon_ff3miku1:
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) (Why Rei doesn't have a blue one will forever be a mystery)
asagi : (12 October 2017 - 04:37 PM) I want to replay the games but mom threw the ps3 out of the window :zca rei:
Eisenalex : (12 October 2017 - 11:16 PM) Why would she do that?
Eisenalex : (14 October 2017 - 11:30 AM) I just learned that there's apparently a manga based on Siren made by Junji Ito.
Hex : (15 October 2017 - 01:11 PM) If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's unsurprisingly pretty gross.
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 02:20 PM) It's Junji Ito. Of course it gets either super weird or gross, lol.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 03:15 PM) And me being curious I had to look it up. Yup definitely gross XD
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:17 PM) Did you think it was that bad? I enjoy Ito's stuff a lot.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 05:32 PM) Meh.. It wasn't all that bad. Just more unsettling than "gross". Those weird worm girls or whatever are way worse *cringes*
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:41 PM) I'm not sure what you mean by "worm girls". He did a couple of slug-transformations, though.
NightmarePic... : (16 October 2017 - 11:02 PM) That was it.. yup lol
Hex : (17 October 2017 - 05:33 PM) My new washing machine makes jingles whenever it's finished like an ice cream van.
NightmarePic... : (17 October 2017 - 06:12 PM) I... don't think that's good Hex.. You might want to check what's in there other than clothes lol
Kouta Koikawa : (17 October 2017 - 06:28 PM) Maybe they come with entertaining sound effects these days.
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:15 PM) A lot of the new ones are supposed to chime to let you know when the cycle is done
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:16 PM) Mine does, at least
Eisenalex : (17 October 2017 - 09:59 PM) The future is now.

Photo

Time for some Nitpicking!

Fatal Frame V Observation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Vampire Slayer in Training

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationSunnydale

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:33 AM

I didn't really noticed these things a year ago when I watched Gab's translated walkthrough but now that I played the game for myself I couldn't help but find reasons to nitpick some things about this game. No its nothing plot-wise (if you can really say that in this case). I dont mind reusing resources but this game seems to do it............ A LOT.

Many of the generic ghosts you see are victims of this. They seem to be the most reused characters you will ever see in this game. Shiragiku and Asou are victims of this too.

cKovuWn.png

Asou's model gets reused as well but they get blurred out the background so you cant noticed as much.

THis flashback scene with Yuri makes it obvious. You see people pass by her and the same people seem to be walking back and forth for some odd reason. A ghost that resembles one of the people behind her comes close to her.

TZa3uWr.png

The people (Yuri's family I guess?) are laying on the ground. They look like the same people you see as ghost on Mt. Hikami. Maybe the people you see on the mountain are Yuri's family? But if they were then why do we see them die when we touch them in different areas? And why are they laying dead on the Mt. Hikami? Shouldn't they be dead somewhere else?

7N1eutp.png

I've read development started around the release of Fatal Frame 2: Wii Edition. So that just leaves the release of that on June 2012 to the release of Fatal Frame 5 on September 2015. So I can understand if there are some time constraints and deadlines they had to make due to the very bad and small costume selection. They could have added more as DLC or added them via update. The game in the gameplay department is very solid but I have problems with the story around the second half. I felt that Asou's inclusion was very rushed. They suddenly show him in the very last chapter like if they had no where to put this story element (click here for more details). I would have cared more for Asou if I was given more time to connect with him as a character as I did with the other characters. Compared to Asou I have a better connection with Miu and Rui's character yet they're barely in the game that much. 

I think the game would have been better if they had more time. I think Asou's inclusion would have worked better if they did this too. THis is his debut as a on screen character but it felt very rushed in the final game.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#2 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 274 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:25 AM

I always thought the girls and the boys in Shiragiku's endings were school kids,and had to dress the way school wanted them too. Same clothes and hair included. As for the ghosts. Yeah they're repeated A LOT. I noticed Yuri's "family" looked a lot like the random 3 ghosts that pop on you a lot. And some of the people behind Yuri in her dream/memory thing looks like them too. (like the one guy that was pulled into the water in the white shirt) passes behind her too.

a80Suw0.png

#3 OFFLINE   Sweetいも

Sweetいも

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:38 AM

I thought the kids looked similar (at least Shiragiku's) because they were all shrine maidens, she just happened to be the albino one. So they all had similar outfits and hair styles, but that could be me giving them 100% more credit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Observation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users