Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C
Meital : (29 February 2020 - 08:45 PM) GabSmolders is having Fatal Frame marathon on Twitch! Just FYI if you're interested watching someone play FF :)
Rheo : (23 April 2020 - 10:38 AM) Been so long
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 06:21 PM) You better run.
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 08:46 PM) I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive.

Photo

New Fatal Frame 5 trailer !

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

http://youtu.be/oV8hrrCv0gg

Epic trailer !

I think it is better than the JPN trailer !
  • midwinter, Yashuu, Hex and 3 others like this

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

It's about time! Good find, Kenshin.

I really want a proper soundtrack recording of Fuyuhi's song and how it's actually meant to go, because it's bugging me that there are now about three different versions.

#3 OFFLINE   GregZerO

GregZerO

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 281 posts
  • Location???

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:23 PM

When it started i had a feeling that it would be really good,but it turned out...not as good as i thought?

"Ehhh...Excuse me" Jesus Christ....unbelievable really.....

Edited by GreekShadow, 12 October 2015 - 04:55 PM.

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#4 OFFLINE   detertake

detertake

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:13 PM

Himino sounded like she was about to cry. Did they do smth bad to her or to her voice actor?

#5 OFFLINE   sencho

sencho

Official Tall Lady

• Spirited Aways
  • 78 posts
  • LocationMt Hikami

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:39 PM

I'm concerned about what ren and rui will sound like now o:
:zca rei: 

Over all, everyone else (himono aside) sounds, Okay. Not fantastic or horrible, just okay. I can live with it though.

At least we also get the option for the japanese voices, too.

#6 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:52 PM

I'm concerned about what ren and rui will sound like now o:
:zca rei: 

Did you see this video? It has a bit of Ren and Rui around the 9 minute mark.

• sencho likes this

#7 OFFLINE   sencho

sencho

Official Tall Lady

• Spirited Aways
  • 78 posts
  • LocationMt Hikami

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:51 PM

O: I did not! Thankyou!

#8 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 290 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:59 PM

well.....its different? maybe I'm just used to the JP voices idk maybe listening it to it for a while will maybe warm me up to them. Thanks for the trailer find!

Himino sounded like she was about to cry. Did they do smth bad to her or to her voice actor?

Maybe they told her that they would steal her lunch money if she didn't do her part >.>

or be like the director of the Shining and hurt the actresses feelings.

a80Suw0.png

#9 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:02 PM

Oohh, I liked that. Now I can't remember all of other FF trailers but I like how this one focuses on really giving the horror feel; selling the horror to the players, so to say. Enough gameplay included that people get the idea, but not too much to drag the trailer and break the "movie like" trailer style. Hopefully this helps people to get over possible rejudice and show these are good and serious horror games. Especially the Japanese trailers usually have the theme song playing and having the focus on the drama and feelings, which might not convince western players about the haunting tension these games have. Fuyuhi's voice, though, ugh makes it feel like a Youtube fan dub instead ;/

Overall could have been better too, I think. It works as a first trailer, but doesn't really give enough information on the story and setting outside of "there's a suicide forest and someone went there". Ren barely appeared either. Hence why I hope this was just the first trailer and not the final~ There usually is a launch trailer too, right? They started advertising this game quite late so I wonder what else they will give out before release.

#10 OFFLINE   Teen Bulma

Teen Bulma

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 130 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:16 AM

I don't know, this trailer pr much sealed the deal for me on using the JP voices..There was nothing good about the VA's at all. 

"Its an infamous suicide spot isn't it" sounded like it was just read and not acted? D:

GpOY.png

#11 OFFLINE   Eiko82

Eiko82

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:48 AM

That was a very enjoyable trailer. I agree with FeraN that it showed a nice combination of gameplay and story but without giving too much away of the story.

I'm really trying to like Himino's voice but it's falling a bit flat. During the scenes with Yuuri, I thought her flat performance kinda worked. Like she is so upset and hurt about Haruka's disappearance that she is unable to properly convey how she feels. But it wouldn't work for every scene in the game. I do like her slightly false singing. It adds some realism to her character. Not everyone is great at singing.

kuontag.png

#12 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 204 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:23 AM

The trailer itself was very nice, I liked the editing and it was much more interesting than the other trailers for the game.

The dub though... I'm still trying to stay positive, not forming a final opinion before the actual game, but................
it really does sound amateur-ish. Especially Yuuri. I just... she sounds like a bad quality youtube-dub from someone who has never dubbed before. It's awful.

yuri.gif
hi i used to be beni kthxbye

#13 OFFLINE   Chrysalis

Chrysalis

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 82 posts
  • LocationThrough the Looking Glass

Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:44 PM

The trailer was awesome!

The voices.... not so much. But that being said, I know I'm going to play in English first to make sure I don't miss any ghost dialogue. Maybe they will grow on me. Also, does the audio sound grainy on the trailer to anyone else? That made it even worse, and gave the girls a lisp quality on top of sounding flat emotionally. 

But going back to the trailer itself, I love love love that they put more emphasis on selling the horror feel. It actually made me think of Siren in some ways. 

This game.... I am very impressed with how pretty it is.  :o

Such order in the midst of chaos makes me woozy and disoriented.

#14 OFFLINE   TheJake

TheJake

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:36 PM

The trailer was awesome!

The voices.... not so much. But that being said, I know I'm going to play in English first to make sure I don't miss any ghost dialogue.

I was planning on playing it in Japanese, but I didn't even think about the ghost dialogue.  Looks like I'm playing in English now!  Not looking forward to this dub, though...

#15 OFFLINE   Chrysalis

Chrysalis

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:14 PM

I was planning on playing it in Japanese, but I didn't even think about the ghost dialogue.  Looks like I'm playing in English now!  Not looking forward to this dub, though...

Yeah, I'm a little wary of how much I will like the dubbed voices, but playing Fatal Frame 4 I feel like I'm just missing so much  of the little details without knowing what the ghosts are saying when they pop up. I've read translations, but you lose the feeling when not heard in the moment it happens.

• AnimalLover47999 and TheJake like this

#16 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:35 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=DulmqIBNCe0

"Wii U - Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water Super Spoopy Trailer"

uhhh... a pretty strange title choice, but it will probably get attention for that reason alone.

Besides the title, its the exact same trailer.

Edited by Yashuu, 13 October 2015 - 06:37 PM.

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#17 OFFLINE   Chrysalis

Chrysalis

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:42 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=DulmqIBNCe0

"Wii U - Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water Super Spoopy Trailer"

uhhh... a pretty strange title choice, but it will probably get attention for that reason alone.

Besides the title, its the exact same trailer.

What in the world I don't even  *face-plants head in to keyboard*

Edit: Apparently that link to the video has been made "private" just now. Heh.

Edited by Clarelis, 13 October 2015 - 07:45 PM.

#18 OFFLINE   TheJake

TheJake

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:32 PM

Looks like the trailer is back now... and spoopier than ever. :P

#19 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:10 PM

Super Spoopy wasn't embarrassing or gimmicky enough.  They had to put the extra effort into it and go the extra mile by making that video private and then reuploading the video with EXTREMELY SPOOPY in the title instead.

#20 OFFLINE   Teen Bulma

Teen Bulma

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 130 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:10 PM

I cant see it, I don't have a youtube account bc I'M LAZY AND OLD AND NEVER NEEDED ONE ugh

good to know its the exact same trailer...

spoopy eh? :/ Nobody wants spoopy..

GpOY.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users