Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C
Meital : (29 February 2020 - 08:45 PM) GabSmolders is having Fatal Frame marathon on Twitch! Just FYI if you're interested watching someone play FF :)
Rheo : (23 April 2020 - 10:38 AM) Been so long
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 06:21 PM) You better run.
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 08:46 PM) I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive.

Photo

" The Forest " a new movie that stole FF story.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:36 AM

I don't know if this is the right place to write this but today i was watching the newest movie trailers. Everything was normal until i saw a new horror movie called " The Forest " so I watched the trailer and I really was shocked because the story looked like a mix between FF2( characters) and FF5 ( setting) and there is A CAMERA in the movie. Its like they copied the games without mentioning them.

Here is the trailer

http://youtu.be/BDs_DYow7xA

I don't think this the the holly wood Fatal Frame movie because they didn't mention Tecmo Koei or Nintendo in the trailer.

So what do you think ?
  • Yashuu likes this

#2 OFFLINE   Eiko82

Eiko82

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:50 AM

Wow, that trailer definitely gave me a FF5 vibe.

The only thing that really bothers me is that the main characters all happen to be white yet it's set in Japan. I know that it's based on Aokigahara forest but why set it in Japan if the cast is gonna be mainly white? Even the ghosts are white.

kuontag.png

#3 OFFLINE   Teen Bulma

Teen Bulma

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 130 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:46 PM

That's really crazy, for a sec I thought it was this film.. https://en.wikipedia...e_Sea_of_Trees 

Apparently this is a good year for that specific area?? Nonetheless I want to watch both :P Though the camera you might be referring to is a viewfinder toy called View-Master that just shows sildes

GpOY.png

#4 OFFLINE   detertake

detertake

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:54 PM

It seems like film debut and I'm not happy about it at all. They copied FF2 main plot without any reference to their sources of "inspiration". Some debutants.

https://en.wikipedia...iki/The_Forest_(2016_film)

#5 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:17 PM

There are quite a few similarities there- it looks like it deals with the themes differently but they're still close. There must be some influence there?

however it doesnt look very good...

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#6 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:06 AM

Well I guess this is the Hollywood Fatal Frame movie we've been waiting for! Jk, I might go see it. I wouldn't jump into the conclusion about a camera obscura being in the movie because its just a toy 

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#7 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 219 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:41 AM

Look at 00:15 the little girl in the right is holding a camera.

#8 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:36 AM

IDK, missing relatives and creepy twins are horror staples, as are haunted forests. Unless they start going into rituals and apocalyptic disasters way back in history as well, I wouldn't jump to conclusions. It might be an intentional influence or homage, but there are a lot of traditional horror tropes that permeate the genre, and Fatal Frame tapped into them as much as anything, so sometimes you can end up with a lot of superficial similarities. Admittedly having the missing twin sister AND Aokigahara does make me raise my eyebrows a bit, but still.

And I have to agree with Yashuu that it looks terrible.

#9 OFFLINE   Sweetいも

Sweetいも

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:51 AM

Some of the editing reminded me of the opening to FF2, when Mayu goes into the forest and Mio goes running after her. The swirling camera shot, her looking all dazed. The bodies and the way they panned were similar to the guardian statues in the opening as well. But I don't know if I'm biased or not. I might wait to see it before I call foul.

#10 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 04 January 2016 - 05:52 AM

So this movie comes out on Friday (in America anyway) is anybody gonna see it? I'm still interested so I'll be dropping by a theater in the morning, I got things to do anyways so why not. This movie seems to be getting negative comments on a BuzzFeed video like "Wow, great way to disrespect the dead" and others like "making a movie about where people commit suicide is  a terrible thing to do" God forbid this person finds out what Fatal Frame 5 is about and where it got it's inspiration from (I would love to see this person's reaction).

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#11 ONLINE   suprimeking

suprimeking

Suprime Hipster

• Spirited Aways
  • 77 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:33 PM

if this movie is somehow based off ff without tecmo's permission then this could become a costly lawsuit 

you brought this upon yourself mortal now you learn the way of darkness 

#12 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:51 AM

Well both this movie and FF5 are based off the same real world location so no, they dont need their permission. The "go find missing person in a suicide forest" could be a coincidence. We will have to wait and see for any info on the background about how they came up with this concept themselves. Its not like Fatal Frame is that "famous" as it used to be in North America.

They can get into trouble if it had a camera obscura without their permission. That camera seen in the trailers is just a toy so a lawsuit is unlikely.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users