Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:29 PM) Ok, playing with headphones is definitely superior
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:31 PM) I knew the music in Rei's house changed after Miku's chapters start but I never noticed it has these little bumps and rustles that make it sound like something's moving in the house
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) also there is more ghost talk during Kei's phone call!
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) i couldn't hear most of it, though, I need to listen again
Hex : (08 November 2017 - 06:12 PM) Yesss, headphones.  I think you can hear doors being closed in Rei's house too.
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:03 PM) Damn, I didn't know they were closing down the miiverse until too late.  My screenshots.  :(
midwinter : (09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM) Argh, no backups? That sucks :(
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM) On the bright side, I still have an album full of pretty scenery and Hisoka looking confused.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) Nintendo shouldn't have shut down Miiverse.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) People loved it.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) And they should have incorporated it onto the Switch.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM) Finally finished TEW2, t'was excellent.
GreekShadow : (12 November 2017 - 05:14 AM) I'm glad you enjoed it Hex!How was it comparing to the first one though(,which i personally disliked)?
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) I've only played the first for a few hours (didn't like it much either), but it was a big improvement.  The gameplay is fun, the stealth works a lot better, the open world map isn't too big but there's sidequests (one with a cool ghost lady!) and some interesting things to do.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:17 PM) I was really impressed with the story since it was one of the things that put me off the first. The last 20 minutes were so good, definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
Daz Hinasaki : (12 November 2017 - 07:17 PM) Hey guys I'm finishing fatal frame 1 on my twitch channel tonight! :) love you to join me https://www.twitch.tv/chunzbunz
GreekShadow : (13 November 2017 - 05:36 AM) oh sounds cool thank you hex!And for me also the story of the first one put me off,glad the second one is better
Hex : (16 November 2017 - 12:01 PM) TIL: ghost marriage is actually practiced in China.   :staffsan:
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) O_O
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) oh yeah there's a local movie here called The Ghost Bride and the actress playing that is half-Chinese

Photo

What are you most looking forward to?

Fatal Frame V Fandom

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 777 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:50 PM

Besides finally getting to play the game, does anyone have something they're particularly excited for? Is it using the gamepad, seeing a location or a certain character? Maybe the Limited Edition or mystery dub? Or perhaps the real reason why we're buying this game: Tall Woman?

#2 OFFLINE   koko

koko

Lost Twin

• Administrators
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:03 PM

I want to see Ren Hojo on my TV. 

#3 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:04 PM

For me it's using the gamepad for combat, I really liked the gyro-camera aspect of Spirit Camera, so I'm hoping it lives up to my expectations.

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#4 OFFLINE   GreekShadow

GreekShadow

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:17 PM

Well I am looking forward to the whole experience.I managed to stay unspoiled (except the dad...thank god i'm prepared) so I am pretty excited to see the story of this game,the rituals,the ghost's stories/battles,the main antagonist,the plot twists,the locations,the main characters and pretty much everything "deep" that I expect from a Fatal Frame game.Openning the steelbook box slowly with caution will be so cool too,i still can't believe that we get that.I am also kind of curious to see how the gamepad will work since i've never played SC so that will be a new experience for me.

And last but not least,I'm looking forward to WiiU,well i found it for 180 euros(the basic pack) so I will probably pick it up when i'll find the money.You know messing around with new consoles is cool,even the menu is interesting the first days,check miiverse,the online fuctions,play a proper Mario game which I havent for like 8 years(probably i ll get 3d world) so yeah you get what i mean!

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#5 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:54 PM

Getting to look around for myself! There are so many moments in video walkthroughs when I really want them to turn around, or check something in viewfinder mode, or see what's over there. And obviously youtube players can't go peering at tiny things as much as I'd like them to or the walkthrough would be a week long, but it's frustrating, as someone who likes to examine everything.

I'm looking forward to the dub as well. I'm a bit nervous, but hopeful.

#6 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 690 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:29 PM

The Gamepad controls first and foremost.  I absolutely loved the combat in Spirit Camera (minus not being able to turn without getting up) so using it in this game which I assume has a quick turn option really gets me excited.  I love motion controls when they are done well and this series screams motion control to me.

The more open ended and explorative locations this game sports is something I'm super excited for and I'm hoping it has lots of great outdoor locations as they are my favorite in each game.

I've heard the game is really hard so I'm very excited because I love 1 and 3 for their difficulty.

A new chapter in the world of Fatal Frame with new characters and new rituals?  What's not to be excited about?

#7 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:35 PM

Whenever I think about FFV I get mostly excited about the outdoor setting and the areas! Even if traditional buildings are never boring, I'd love to every game present a new diverse place and after spending so much time indoors and usually in really old houses, the idea of a big forest feels so appealing. Especially with such pretty graphics, from what I have seen I love the color tones of the area. I just hope it indeed is big enough, and not just few linear paths. One of the joys of Fatal Frame is exploring after all<3 And when adding other interesting places and buildings to that, I really look forward to adventuring around. Shame the ghost list is mostly dropped...

And as always, I'm of course eager for new ghosts and their stories, hopefully as memorable ones and unique. Well, the Tall Woman already takes the win for that ;D

Edited by FeraN, 13 September 2015 - 10:36 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,128 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:29 PM

I think I'll have to agree with Mid. I dont care about the little things though, its more like exploring. There are times during videos on YouTube that I feel like exploring. Most of the time its at the shop because I love watching videos of Japanese apartment/house tours on YouTube so exploring the shop might be some sort of emulation (Rei's house kinda sucks in comparison tbh with the fixed camera angles). Sense the area is very large compared to past games I would like to explore a lot of it just once and see where everything is (item locations). Yes, I'm also down for using the GamePad as the camera, I'm glad they brought back the concept form Spirit Camera.

Edited by ナガクラ, 13 September 2015 - 11:30 PM.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#9 OFFLINE   Neon

Neon

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:47 AM

Probably the location, I've long aspired to visit Aokigahara.

#10 OFFLINE   Roella

Roella

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:37 PM

I'm excited to play it in Japanese and I hope there's an option to play it with JP subs and dubs, presenting myself with a challenge since I can barely read it lol. But I still wanna play through it and get everything in the game.

#11 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,128 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:51 PM

I doubt it will have Japanese text because Nintendo.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#12 OFFLINE   Roella

Roella

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:25 AM

Well I can only dream, but you're probably correct.

#13 OFFLINE   Gbarchetta

Gbarchetta

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:31 AM

Yes, on the box they mention you can choose for the Japanese voice acting, but you can only choose English/German or French for subs. 

I just can't wait to recieve my LE and play the game  :D

#14 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:07 PM

Hmmm, everything. I guess. I mean, this game has some of the new things there...

Even if I already read the spoilers, I'd like to feel the experiences of the features in the game such as the use of the WiiU Pad, the visual storytelling (how is the story presented visually?), the camera (I mean the object itself in the game), ending choices (choose Ouse or Shiro...Onion girl), etc. And I think that sometimes playing the game will let me understand the story more if I couldn't understand such a thing in the spoilers (as translated by Chelsea herself).

th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo2_250_zps034th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo6_250_zps979  
One, Three, and Four, my favorite characters as of now.
Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#15 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 777 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:41 PM

For me, it would definitely be the shop.  I like the night time cosy atmosphere, the abundance of interesting things to examine, the people to talk to.  It'll be cool to finally explore the other locations at my own pace, too.  

I'm also curious if the choices I make for the endings will be different from my initial picks while watching.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users