Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (12 October 2017 - 12:37 PM) Maybe Spirit Camera since I don't replay that very often...
GreekShadow : (12 October 2017 - 02:45 PM) I might replay FF3.Not sure if I should start a brand new playthrough or one with my unlockes though hmmm.I have years to play FF3 ;_;
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) Just think: yukatas.   :icon_ff3miku1:
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) (Why Rei doesn't have a blue one will forever be a mystery)
asagi : (12 October 2017 - 04:37 PM) I want to replay the games but mom threw the ps3 out of the window :zca rei:
Eisenalex : (12 October 2017 - 11:16 PM) Why would she do that?
Eisenalex : (14 October 2017 - 11:30 AM) I just learned that there's apparently a manga based on Siren made by Junji Ito.
Hex : (15 October 2017 - 01:11 PM) If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's unsurprisingly pretty gross.
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 02:20 PM) It's Junji Ito. Of course it gets either super weird or gross, lol.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 03:15 PM) And me being curious I had to look it up. Yup definitely gross XD
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:17 PM) Did you think it was that bad? I enjoy Ito's stuff a lot.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 05:32 PM) Meh.. It wasn't all that bad. Just more unsettling than "gross". Those weird worm girls or whatever are way worse *cringes*
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:41 PM) I'm not sure what you mean by "worm girls". He did a couple of slug-transformations, though.
NightmarePic... : (16 October 2017 - 11:02 PM) That was it.. yup lol
Hex : (17 October 2017 - 05:33 PM) My new washing machine makes jingles whenever it's finished like an ice cream van.
NightmarePic... : (17 October 2017 - 06:12 PM) I... don't think that's good Hex.. You might want to check what's in there other than clothes lol
Kouta Koikawa : (17 October 2017 - 06:28 PM) Maybe they come with entertaining sound effects these days.
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:15 PM) A lot of the new ones are supposed to chime to let you know when the cycle is done
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:16 PM) Mine does, at least
Eisenalex : (17 October 2017 - 09:59 PM) The future is now.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Which is the definitive version Crimson Butterfly?

Deep Crimson Butterfly Fatal Frame II Poll Opinion Project Zero II

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Which is the definitive version Crimson Butterfly? (55 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the definitive version of Crimson Butterfly?

1. Crimson Butterfly (PS2) (12 votes [21.82%])

Percentage of vote: 21.82%

2. Voted Director's Cut (XBOX) (17 votes [30.91%])

Percentage of vote: 30.91%

3. Deep Crimson Butterfly (Wii) (26 votes [47.27%])

Percentage of vote: 47.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

• Spirited Aways
  • 675 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

I personally really like the new camera style and the controls.  The new cutscenes and endings and ghost moves add a lot to the game, the graphics are far better then the original's already nice graphics (this game is the best looking Wii game I've ever seen), the new ending song is amazing, the fact that the endings are tied to your actions is a great thing, the combat is really fun and is more immersive with the new controls, the ghost hand is an awesome addition.  I love the fact that it can hurt you now because you aren't even safe when picking up items (that and the ghost hand does a great job of making you jump even if you know it might appear), the game's limited amount of healing items make the Survival part of the game much more prevalent, and the Dark returns are a great thing.  They make you feel even more helpless and can really scare you when you forget about them (they are how Blooming should have been handled), and I like how tripping now has a purpose and that the ghosts gain new tactics once they've Dark Returned.  I also quite like the new script.  It feels more....complete if I can word it any way.

Pretty much the only thing the original has over the Remake is the voice acting and even then most of the voice acting in the Remake is well done and is good.

While I do lament the fact that adding information to Misao, the Tsuchihara family, or giving Kureha a proper role in the games' story never crossed the creators minds (also kill the Torn Diagram with the wrath of the Calamity, Repentance, Unleashing, Day without suffering, and Rite of eternal site) I still find this to be better than most video game remakes as even if you wanted more than you got it still gives MUCH more than most I've played and feels like the complete version of Crimson Butterfly.

While I love the original and feel it's still a great game, I personally much prefer the Remake as it gave me a lot more bang for my buck than the original did in gameplay, story, scare factor, and graphical eye candy.

So yeah my vote goes to Deep Crimson Butterfly being the definitive version.

#22 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 429 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

^^ agree agree agree! Controls are smooth for me just keep your hand steady and your mind calm so you don't shake and your one ghost capturing badass. Love how the camera automatically homes in on passive ghosts. And guys c'mon... Chitose's new look is adorable! Didnt want to fight the wee cutie. I like the camera angle to I dunno how many times on the original were my orientation had become mucked up cause of the dramatic shift in camera.
 photo flandrebanner.jpg

#23 OFFLINE   IcedEarthaholic

IcedEarthaholic

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

For sure, I actually noticed a massive enhancement texture wise in the game with many objects. I also feel that the remake added some wonderful tactics to the ghosts, they do some new things that actually gave me quite the jolt. Will not forget as I was getting the rusty key, I opened the door to get out of the room it was in and Miyako's ghost was standing right there. Awesome, yet quite scary at the same time. Never had that happen in the original version at all. This goes to show Nintendo really has made a horrible mistake by thus far not okaying the game to legally come to North America. 

#24 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

• Spirited Aways
  • 675 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

Actually Miyako standing in front of the door happens in the original each time you get the Rusty Key.

#25 OFFLINE   IcedEarthaholic

IcedEarthaholic

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:14 AM

Strange, because I definitely didn't remember it happening in the original version here. Either way, it definitely scared the living daylights out of me. I got out of there as quickly as I could. Nothing compares to Chapter 7 as a whole though, woo wee! The original version had it's moments where I got a little scared, but in DCB? Ten times scarier than it was before! And I mean easily at that! I stand very much by what I said, if the original was scary, this remake? Bone-chilling. 

#26 OFFLINE   suprimeking

suprimeking

Suprime Hipster

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

i liked the original game but i like the remake more due to some of the improvements 

you brought this upon yourself mortal now you learn the way of darkness 

#27 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 274 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

I loved the original. But also really like the remake with up dated graphics and new scares they added also with new endings and the way you get them. Didn't really care for the HHM mode ._. the ghosts hands are a bit annoying but avoidable. Mayu's new dress makes the other one look tacky. I am going to go with SnC (DCB) as the definitive version.

a80Suw0.png

#28 OFFLINE   Artur

Artur

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 18 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

I cannot really decide which one to pick. They all have their positive and negative points. Still need to play my Xbox version :o

(-) Spirit Stone Radio

It’s irritating that even when you set the audio output to headphones, spirit stone radio messages still sound through the abysmal Wiimote speakers (I don’t relish the act of having to remove my headphones in order to allow my ears to be pained by a mostly incomprehensible, screeching Wiimote speaker).

:lol: 

#29 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 400 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

I want to choose all 3! If someone is starting out with the series for the first time I would recommend the original PS2  version (and then the 1st and 3rd games!). This is the one I started with and not only is it the easiest but has more content than the first. The third can be played without the first two but I think having the experience of the first two enhances the third. If someone is already into the series I always recommend the Director's Cut version because of the added content and difficulties. While I haven't had the chance to play it yet, however, my favorite is the Wii version. The graphics are beautiful, the touch system adds more tension, the videos and added scenes give more insight into the characters... I could go on. I am a little afraid of how the controls will be once I do get a chance to play it, but I'm sure I will get used to them evnetually.

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

#30 OFFLINE   Autobotdan

Autobotdan

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:53 AM

I still haven't played the import wii version but I always thought the Xbox version was the definite version to play. It's terrible I still haven't played the wii remake

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deep Crimson Butterfly, Fatal Frame II, Poll, Opinion, Project Zero II

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users