Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:03 PM) Damn, I didn't know they were closing down the miiverse until too late.  My screenshots.  :(
midwinter : (09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM) Argh, no backups? That sucks :(
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM) On the bright side, I still have an album full of pretty scenery and Hisoka looking confused.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) Nintendo shouldn't have shut down Miiverse.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) People loved it.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) And they should have incorporated it onto the Switch.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM) Finally finished TEW2, t'was excellent.
GreekShadow : (12 November 2017 - 05:14 AM) I'm glad you enjoed it Hex!How was it comparing to the first one though(,which i personally disliked)?
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) I've only played the first for a few hours (didn't like it much either), but it was a big improvement.  The gameplay is fun, the stealth works a lot better, the open world map isn't too big but there's sidequests (one with a cool ghost lady!) and some interesting things to do.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:17 PM) I was really impressed with the story since it was one of the things that put me off the first. The last 20 minutes were so good, definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
Daz Hinasaki : (12 November 2017 - 07:17 PM) Hey guys I'm finishing fatal frame 1 on my twitch channel tonight! :) love you to join me https://www.twitch.tv/chunzbunz
GreekShadow : (13 November 2017 - 05:36 AM) oh sounds cool thank you hex!And for me also the story of the first one put me off,glad the second one is better
Hex : (16 November 2017 - 12:01 PM) TIL: ghost marriage is actually practiced in China.   :staffsan:
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) O_O
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) oh yeah there's a local movie here called The Ghost Bride and the actress playing that is half-Chinese
Hex : (21 November 2017 - 07:58 PM) Do you ever start typing and find yourself wondering, "when did this become a novel?"
AnimalLover4... : (21 November 2017 - 10:22 PM) Eiji Otsuka.
Hex : (21 November 2017 - 11:46 PM) Where?   :icon_lordhimuro:
AnimalLover4... : (22 November 2017 - 06:19 AM) LOL
midwinter : (22 November 2017 - 02:57 PM) Animal Crossing Pocket Camp expectations: Cute animals, fishing, bugs, furniture! Reality: Communication error x 798

Photo
- - - - -

About Kusabi...

Fatal Frame II Kusabi Question

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:53 PM

Can Kusabi leave the Great hall in Chapter 3? Or more like; can you meet Kusabi at the entranceway too?

I have this memory from time when I had original FF2 years back; I was stuck and basically running around hoping to find out what to do, when I tried the locked door on the entranceway (which of course you can only access after getting key and finding Mayu). Next I went into viewfinder mode to see to the end of the corridor where the entrance door is, only to freak out as I saw Kusabi slowly coming towards me. No need to say I hurried quite fast outta there.

Years later I'm not that sure anymore if it really happened or if it's a dream, but I did tell my brother about it afterwards so I doubt I had entirely made it up. The memory is quite strong too. I don't have the original FF2 anymore, and I have always forgotten to test it with DCB so haven't been able to re-create that scene yet. Anyone had any similiar experiences, or was it really a dream and Kusabi absolutely cannot leave the Great Hall in Kurosawa House?

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:00 AM

Not a dream, it happens! He's always there if you go into the entrance during that part of the chapter. He's just being helpful, really, making sure you don't get lost on your way to meet the Limbo couple. ^_^

• Daz Hinasaki likes this

#3 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:36 PM

Oh, what a relief! ;D I've been wondering a long time if it really happened, now can rest in peace again. Such a surprise, I thought he was stuck to the Great Hall but it seems your friendly neighbour Kusabi isn't bound by mere things on his quest to help you<3 Thank you, Kusabi, you did lead younger me to the right path as I made sure not to go that part of house again!

#4 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 279 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:50 PM

I got curious and popped in my remake DCB JP copy and I got to the part you mentioned,yeah he still pops up there,I got there and I was like ? he isn't here...and I moved a little forward and he showed up lol

a80Suw0.png

#5 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:00 PM

So he appears there in DCB too, good to know! Your friendly neighbour Kusabi remastered ;D

Now I wanna check it too the next time I get to that part. Relive the biggest FF scare of childhood, haha~

#6 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:15 PM

Ooops sorry for the double post, I tested this in DCB as well and managed to get actual footage of this event to put the last of my doubts to rest~ ;D Crappy pic thanks to phone camera but you can spot the amount of gray mess that is Kusabi. And it indeed is at the entranceway, even though it's hard to tell so from the narrow pic...

tumblr_nxkxswribD1r1dr2co1_500.jpg

I also figured out Kusabi will only appear in the entranceway AFTER you've defeated the limbo couple in the small room, as when I went to check on him before that, he was nowhere to be seen even though I ran through the whole corridor. A bit disappointed I then decided to try again after beating the limbo couple and tadah! There was your friendly neighbour Kusabi again to guide me in the right direction!<3

Edited by FeraN, 10 November 2015 - 05:17 PM.

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

#7 OFFLINE   Daz Hinasaki

Daz Hinasaki

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 66 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:34 AM

Kusabi scares me :( but yeah he appears and you gotta snap a pic of him dragging a man down the hall! Come to think of it, I don't think he would be friendly if he seen you standing behind him. Lol
It's raining again...

#8 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:04 AM

Kusabi scares me :( but yeah he appears and you gotta snap a pic of him dragging a man down the hall! Come to think of it, I don't think he would be friendly if he seen you standing behind him. Lol

Actually that is a different case, you're talking about the vanishing ghost in the corridor leading to the limbo couple. The picture of Kusabi above instead is taken when he comes at you in the Entranceway of Kurosawa House in chapter 3, if you happen to wander there after beating the limbo couple. So unless you turn your tail and run heck out of there, he'll indeed not be friendly and will kill you ;D Just like in the Greath hall. Kusabi wants you to stay on the right path after all o/ So Kusabi appears three times in chapter 3: in the Great Hall, dragging the man in the corridor, and in the Entranceway.

(I definitely recommend everyone try to go see him there, how he suddenly appears at the end of the entranceway is rather creepy so no wonder it scared the crap out of me as a kid :D)

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

#9 OFFLINE   Daz Hinasaki

Daz Hinasaki

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 66 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:10 AM

Actually that is a different case, you're talking about the vanishing ghost in the corridor leading to the limbo couple. The picture of Kusabi above instead is taken when he comes at you in the Entranceway of Kurosawa House in chapter 3, if you happen to wander there after beating the limbo couple. So unless you turn your tail and run heck out of there, he'll indeed not be friendly and will kill you ;D Just like in the Greath hall. Kusabi wants you to stay on the right path after all o/ So Kusabi appears three times in chapter 3: in the Great Hall, dragging the man in the corridor, and in the Entranceway.

(I definitely recommend everyone try to go see him there, how he suddenly appears at the end of the entranceway is rather creepy so no wonder it scared the crap out of me as a kid :D)

I never went back that far at that point in the game! :D I'm going to try it tonight, if I'm brave enough lol
It's raining again...

#10 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:03 AM

I never went back that far at that point in the game! :D I'm going to try it tonight, if I'm brave enough lol

Hehe, don't worry! Whenever Kusabi scares you just think that he's there to help you to the right direction and making sure you keep on the move ;3 Friendly neighbour Kusabi just happens to look nasty, but his heart is made of warm gold! o/ And his touch kills you but that's just nitpicking!

• Yashuu likes this

#11 OFFLINE   Chrysalis

Chrysalis

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 82 posts
  • LocationThrough the Looking Glass

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:46 AM

Hehe, don't worry! Whenever Kusabi scares you just think that he's there to help you to the right direction and making sure you keep on the move ;3 Friendly neighbour Kusabi just happens to look nasty, but his heart is made of warm gold! o/ And his touch kills you but that's just nitpicking!

All he ever really wanted was a hug! <3 :icon_kusabi:

Yeah, I went to see him for myself after reading about it in this thread. Kusabi acts as the bouncer to the Kurosawa house, apparently.

Such order in the midst of chaos makes me woozy and disoriented.

#12 OFFLINE   Daz Hinasaki

Daz Hinasaki

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 66 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:28 AM

All he ever really wanted was a hug! <3 :icon_kusabi:

Yeah, I went to see him for myself after reading about it in this thread. Kusabi acts as the bouncer to the Kurosawa house, apparently.

I don't want to hug the kusabi. I want nothing to do with him. Lol
It's raining again...

#13 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 285 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:15 AM

I've played Fatal Frame 2 sooooooooo many times and apparently I have never gone to wrong way in that chapter :0 !

I'm super eager to try this out myself and go to see him :D I always get excited when I run into new thing in Fatal Frame 2 (because I played it so many times it feels like "been there done that" sometimes ^^') <3

Thank you for sharing in the first place, even though you weren't sure if it's a dream or not! :3

#14 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 491 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:02 PM

I don't really remember encountering this, though D: But I may not be able to play it again, so I guess I'll just leave this here XD That aside, that's quite knowledgeable >w<

th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo2_250_zps034th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo6_250_zps979  
One, Three, and Four, my favorite characters as of now.
Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame II, Kusabi, Question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users