Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
GreekShadow : (04 December 2017 - 08:32 PM) why does that guy has only so little views
midwinter : (04 December 2017 - 10:26 PM) ohhh, thank you! i'll have to watch it tomorrow now, but i'm looking forward to it
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 03:36 PM) He deserves a lot more
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:01 PM) Whenever I see Mafuyu say the broken staircase has nothing to do Takamine, I imagine him skidding down it on a sled with Koji and Tomoe.
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:02 PM) Novelists just wanna have fun
Hex : (06 December 2017 - 12:08 PM) Did anyone else not notice the pillars in the Demon Mouth have figures cared into them?  https://s7.postimg.o...3f/IMG_2417.jpg
midwinter : (06 December 2017 - 02:19 PM) oooh, no, that's cool
GreekShadow : (06 December 2017 - 11:58 PM) Lets all agree that in Forbidden Siren 2 ALL the missions with the 2 apartment buildings are the worst
Hex : (07 December 2017 - 12:07 AM) But don't you just love it when everything looks the same?   :chisab:
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 05:34 PM) ;_;
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 07:50 PM) There are chances a new Tenchu has been teased by From Software,if its indeed Tenchu i ll die ,its been 10 years ;_;
Rezz : (09 December 2017 - 12:44 AM) From Software needs to make me another Armored Core
midwinter : (09 December 2017 - 01:48 PM) And where's my Kuon sequel while we're at it
Rheo : (09 December 2017 - 06:39 PM) i thought the name of that game is actually Shadows Die Twice. lol
Hex : (17 December 2017 - 01:59 PM) Phew, we're back.
midwinter : (17 December 2017 - 02:00 PM) \o/
midwinter : (17 December 2017 - 02:00 PM) thank you, Emi! <3
Hex : (17 December 2017 - 02:10 PM) Thank you!
AnimalLover4... : (17 December 2017 - 11:48 PM) Okay, I wasn't the only one not allowed in.
AnimalLover4... : (17 December 2017 - 11:48 PM) Thank you for fixing it Emi.

Photo

Questions about FF

Fatal Frame Gameplay Hints

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rambo95

Rambo95

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:22 PM

I got interested about Project zero/fatal frame after i heard newest project zero is coming to wii u. :D so i decided to buy Project zero 1 and i am now in 2nd night but now i am too scared to play after i heard that these games are really hard to beat ( i am playing on normal mode ) also i have spend a lot medicines , films etc.. i am so worried that i cant beat the first game  and i am not huge fan of hard games :D can you guys give any tips how to play or anything to help me. :D ? ty

#2 OFFLINE   Chrysalis

Chrysalis

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 82 posts
  • LocationThrough the Looking Glass

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:36 PM

I've played the first 4 games plus Spirit Camera, and I honestly feel like the first game is the hardest. 

My personal tip for the first game is this: in the first two chapters, learn the placement of the stone mirror items. live off of those as much as you can and save your herbal medicines for the later chapters. Stone mirrors will revive you once from death, and you can only carry one at a time and the ones left on the ground do NOT carry over in to other chapters.

Explore every nook, cranny, closet, vase, and dresser! Stuff is hiding everywhere.

Also, try spread out your saving across several slots in case you accidentally use too many of your healing items and higher level films.

Don't worry. If you can survive the first game, you can probably handle the next one with ease. :)

Edit: Also- while this may sound unpleasant- the first time I played the original game I used too many films & medicines and ran out in the second chapter and had to restart. However it went much smoother the second attempt since I knew how to better manage my items by then.

Edited by Clarelis, 11 August 2015 - 05:50 PM.

• Rambo95 likes this
Such order in the midst of chaos makes me woozy and disoriented.

#3 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:07 AM

One thing I should say for first timers is make two separate saves. One save is when you complete the Night and the other is your active save. If you screw up the night like you ran out of healing items or just so happen to run out of film just load the save that starts from the beginning of the night. For some reason this game is very hard on your first run. I had to restart from the beginning because of something that happens on Night 2 that made me run out of healing items making it impossible to continue.

Edited by ナガクラ, 12 August 2015 - 07:08 AM.

• Rambo95 likes this

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#4 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 281 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:06 PM

as others have mentioned. Fatal Frame 1 was the only game of the series as of right now,I had to completely restart cause I had used up too many health items. They give you a lot of revival stones so use those to your favor,also learn ghost patterns that helps too. And keep your special lenses for an annoying ghost later. Keep them as much as you can. They help a lot too.

• Rambo95 likes this

a80Suw0.png

#5 OFFLINE   Rambo95

Rambo95

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 August 2015 - 10:48 AM

Sry for late reply :D I am now in 3rd night and gotta say i love this game but these monks are hard to beat , but i wont give up yet. I wanna finish this game so badly already cuz i bought project zero 2 already and it will arrive tomorrow but i gotta finish pz1 first. :D oh and i am getting  better in this game already !!!  :D

#6 OFFLINE   Chrysalis

Chrysalis

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 82 posts
  • LocationThrough the Looking Glass

Posted 16 August 2015 - 06:05 PM

Glad to hear it! :D Yeah, the Wandering Monks are truly the most horrible thing in this game. Especially when they show up it the Fish Tank Room... Those are dark times.  :ph34r:

Such order in the midst of chaos makes me woozy and disoriented.

#7 OFFLINE   Rambo95

Rambo95

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:55 PM

Finished today project zero 1 & 2 ! :D I think first one was a lot better and scarier than second one. I am so gonna buy third one tomorrow :D i wanna see how story continues

• Daz Hinasaki likes this

#8 OFFLINE   Daz Hinasaki

Daz Hinasaki

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 66 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

Posted 01 November 2015 - 04:39 PM

First game to me was the best. There is something more scarey about it than the 2nd one but I can't quote put my finger on it. Might be nostalgia or the atmosphere lol
It's raining again...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame, Gameplay, Hints

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users