Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:05 AM) yeah, there are a couple of different versions, i think
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:06 AM) i tried removing the voiceover from the quiet version, and it's okayish, but it affects the music a bit too because the melody line is someone humming instead of an instrument
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:13 AM) anyway, it's here if you want it!
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) thanks a lot for everything mid :)
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) I really enjoy the soundtrack and i wanted to have it
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:15 PM) no problem! I like it a lot, too, it's very pretty :D
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!

Photo
- - - - -

Hidden gems/Easter eggs in the Manor once the miasma is unleashed?

Fatal Frame III Easter Egg Ghosts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nehelenia

Nehelenia

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:24 PM

Hello everyone, I had an account here long ago and forgot my information.  But I still lurk and view.  However, last night something happened while my sister was playing 3 that I just HAD to bring up.

Last night during Kei's chapter which you have to get the stakes, XII I think?  She had go to the Wooden Figure room, and the only way she could remember to get there was through Kyouka's room. Once in the hallway, she went to the closet where the Herbal Medicine always is (or was it film?  I've already forgotten.)  There's a jump scare with Wandering Daughter bursting out the closest at you.  I had never seen it before, but I don't think we've gone that way before.

Even better though was the mirror right outside the Wooden Figure room.  i didn't see it at first, but she stopped dead.  I thought she was opening the door at first, but no she started freaking.  "How long has that Engraver been there?!"  She's standing by the door, you can see her in the mirror, but only the mirror, not even the camera will show her.

We've never actually wandered during the last few chapters.  The miasma and candles make you want to rush and get through, and get out before the candle snuffs out.  But now I want to explore.  If anyone has, are there more instances of things like this?

#2 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:26 PM

I don't think there's any changes in the manor specifically due to the miasma, but each chapter does tend to have its own little scares and such. I can't think of any other post-miasma easter eggs right now, but I'll have a think.

Also iirc that Engraver doesn't show in the camera, but when you aim the camera at the corner she stands in she attacks- if you don't though I believe she attacks when you open the door.

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#3 OFFLINE   Nehelenia

Nehelenia

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:06 PM

Yeah, I'm just focused on the miasma chapters because I've never fully explored, it's always just been "we've got to do this and get out before the candle burns out!"  We wind up exploring heavily in the earlier chapters because it's so easy to get lost even after several playthroughs.

She didn't attack when she opened the door, but on the way back out after getting the stake she lunged out of the corner.  Pretty cool, though my sister was really weirded out.

#4 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:35 PM

Not sure if she's exclusively post-miasma, but you can find Yoshino in Minakami's kimono room from the foyer, like Miyako.  I wasn't sure it was her at first because of the monochrome, but it is.

• Yashuu likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Nehelenia

Nehelenia

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:22 PM

Oh, nice one!  I always thought Yoshino vanished after the first few hours, but on our last playthrough, we caught her, Makie and Kozue a lot more than I've ever remembered them.

#6 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:59 AM

The Engraver in the mirror is one of my favourite little details! She's so sneaky. <3

As for extras you might not have found, there's another Blue Diary behind the screen in the 3F Book Storeroom during Hour XII, which most people don't get unless they already know to look - it's not a place you'd usually go during that chapter, unless you're really desperate for Purifying Lights.

You might already know about it, but there's also a last sidequest in Hour XIII, where you can learn more about the fate of the handmaidens and get a couple of spirit list photos, an extra battle and a diary. (Details here if you want a guide.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame III, Easter Egg, Ghosts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users