Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (14 June 2018 - 10:10 PM) all the rumours and stuff from the thread in the Fatal Frame News forum
midwinter : (14 June 2018 - 11:01 PM) Mr Johnny> I dunno what to say, dude. I'm sure no one wants you to feel tortured. But people shouldn't pretend to believe claims that sound really unlikely just because you're invested in it, either
midwinter : (14 June 2018 - 11:01 PM) I guess just... try not to take things so personally. It's not a reflection on you if people have doubts, it's just common sense
Chou : (15 June 2018 - 02:57 PM) No one is personally attacking you over the rumors, we just have doubts as there's been no other news and no other sources reporting anything
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:09 AM) I know folks I Very much know but it is my strange habbit to open up to strangers
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:11 AM) and I know Very much no one is attacking me I am not a baka but as I said the events of these past years was harsh to me
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:13 AM) even my Zodiac sign feature this strange habit,
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:16 AM) I just wanted to spend my Holiday with you guy and don't understand you as a whole the reason of my struggles cause you never was EVER!!! P.s "baka" is not my intended word, obv.
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:25 AM) I did't intend to make melodrama it is in your codswalloping mind. What a naive thinking.
midwinter : (18 June 2018 - 03:43 PM) Okay, enough. This isn't going anywhere helpful so just drop it, please
midwinter : (18 June 2018 - 04:03 PM) I've been thinking about the FF4 anniversary next month - would anyone be interested in a little drabble/paint art fest or something?
midwinter : (18 June 2018 - 04:03 PM) Nothing big, I just feel bad that we always seem to miss celebrating anniversaries
TomoChan : (18 June 2018 - 11:38 PM) I would be interested! I actually started drawing a picture of the FF4 cast for the anniversary :P hard to believe it's ten years old.
Chou : (19 June 2018 - 06:28 PM) I haven't drawn in foooorever but I'd try and join!
midwinter : (19 June 2018 - 07:02 PM) \o/
midwinter : (19 June 2018 - 07:03 PM) anyone else reading, CONSIDER THIS YOUR PEER PRESSURE
Chou : (19 June 2018 - 07:15 PM) Yeeessss! The spiritual power of all the  ghosts demand you all join!
Chou : (19 June 2018 - 07:16 PM) and hopefully by that point I've finished the game lol
midwinter : (19 June 2018 - 09:31 PM) i'm cheering for you!
Chou : (20 June 2018 - 01:36 PM) \o/ !!! I can't believe it's been 10 years since the game... 8 years since the patch was completed. Craziness!

Photo
- - - - -

New user, new to Fatal Frame

Fatal Frame Fatal Frame II Localization Where To Buy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MasterSnake

MasterSnake

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:54 PM

Hello,
I'm new to Fatal Frame I haven't bought any Fatal Frame games yet however I've heard really positive things about Crimson Butterfly. So I want to get II first but the price is really expensive on Amazon and my only console is a PS2 so I was thinking of importing all of them (starting with CB) from Japan. But I don't understand Japanese so is there a patch to make it English or something? I live in Australia and flea markets don't have good PS2 games (usually) besides those music games so I don't believe I can get the game from there.

#2 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:52 PM

99% sure there are none. If you were willing to drop money on a PS3 you could get them all reasonably cheaply from the American PSN, but if you only have a PS2 and no intention of buying anything else then really all you can do is pay the horribly inflated price that comes with old niche games. If you really can't/don't want to pay then you're probably going to have no option but YouTube. Maybe start with the first game? I'm not sure which Amazon you're using, but generally I find that the first game tends to be the cheapest. It kind of varies by region, though.

AAHOrHo.gif

#3 OFFLINE   MasterSnake

MasterSnake

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:21 PM

Damn I don't have enough money for a PS3. I use Amazon.com (the American one) I do find the first game cheap sometimes but the seller I buy from has 1 in stock of each item so when I find Fatal Frame available it's usually when I don't have much money. Aren't there any Translation guides available?

#4 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

• 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:31 PM

I wouldn't think so. Foreign language versions of the game came out not that long after the original (back when localisation was a guarantee), so there wasn't really a need for a full guide. You could play along with a walkthrough or a YouTube video, maybe, but it doesn't exactly sound ideal... Not sure what to recommend, really. Good luck saving up, I guess. Not sure if a cheaper copy will come along at this point, but maybe?

AAHOrHo.gif

#5 OFFLINE   MasterSnake

MasterSnake

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:34 PM

Oh I understand. Very well then :/

#6 OFFLINE   MasterSnake

MasterSnake

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:41 PM

Hold on.... Would it be possible to find the file of Fatal Frame II (PS2) on the Internet and burn it on the Japanese version (PS2)?

#7 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

• 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:59 PM

Technically yes, it might be, but that falls under illegal things/emulators which isn't allowed here, so we can't help you with that.

AAHOrHo.gif

#8 OFFLINE   MasterSnake

MasterSnake

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:01 PM

Oh...alright

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame, Fatal Frame II, Localization, Where To Buy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users