Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Emi : (11 September 2018 - 08:53 PM) My goal is eventually to have the kitchen designed like a combination of food and chemistry.
midwinter : (11 September 2018 - 08:54 PM) Oooh, that sounds cool! I hope you find one. They're so iconic, I feel like someone must sell them...
midwinter : (11 September 2018 - 08:55 PM) That's such a creative idea
Emi : (11 September 2018 - 08:55 PM) Yes. A friend has a big antique sale they do every year, I feel like maybe that might be the place to find some great treasure.
Emi : (11 September 2018 - 08:57 PM) Thanks! I love your spooky aesthetic idea too!! It sounds amazing. :) BRB. Repentance is giving me glares.
Emi : (11 September 2018 - 08:59 PM) The essence of lemons in the chalice of ponies has been offered. :P The repentance has been calmed.
midwinter : (11 September 2018 - 09:02 PM) and there was much rejoicing
Emi : (11 September 2018 - 09:04 PM) :icon_twin:  :icon_twin:  :icon_twin:
Emi : (11 September 2018 - 09:34 PM) alright, gotta go storm prep. see you later~
midwinter : (11 September 2018 - 09:36 PM) good luck!
Gbarchetta : (12 September 2018 - 01:17 PM) My Shadow of the Tomb Raider copy just came in the mail. But I can only play this weekend :(
Chou : (12 September 2018 - 01:26 PM) Stay safe Emi!!!!
Chou : (12 September 2018 - 01:26 PM) And awwww how comes?
Cursed Lemon : (12 September 2018 - 10:08 PM) Hey Emi, be careful and be well!
midwinter : (14 September 2018 - 04:26 AM) The forums aren't exploding, so I'm guessing there was no FF in the Direct last night
midwinter : (14 September 2018 - 05:03 AM) New animal crossing, though!
GregZerO : (14 September 2018 - 09:55 AM) thank god I didnt watch it cause from what I read today  i would get way too bored
Chou : (17 September 2018 - 02:57 PM) Tokyo Game Show is this weekend... Here's to having a little bit of hope, again, since Nintedo Direct had nothing D:
GregZerO : (17 September 2018 - 06:50 PM) my hopes are not that high to be honest but I would love a decent announcement
GregZerO : (19 September 2018 - 07:14 PM) Soo announcements begin from  20 until 23?Do we know which day TecmoKoei announces stuff or its random.

Photo

Localization Update Thread

Fatal Frame V Localization

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:06 AM

I feel as though the FF5 section seem to be blowing up with doubles sharing and posting the same thing. I think we should stick to one and share what we find/hear here even if its not yet confirmed. We can also talk about the game too as time passes!

What we know so far~

Official Title: Fatal Frame/Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water
Release Date: Fall 2015 (NA/EU)
Release Media: Unknown 

My predictions
With the way it was treated at E3 I believe it wont have an English dub, yes it is a bit too early to say and like most Japanese audio only games it will be digital only which might happen after all.

E3 Trailer

English Footage

• calne and Teen Bulma like this

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#2 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 204 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:04 AM

Great post! Keep it up, this is excellent so that people won't have to dig through 10 different topics to find the right information :)
Just one thing, not sure if you've missed it, but there was basically a confirmation that the game would contain both english and japanese audio. Naturally this clashes with digital-only rumors, but then again, the rumors are for na game when this confirmation was on eu game.

yuri.gif
hi i used to be beni kthxbye

#3 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:58 AM

Since hearing the news about Iwata's passing, I've been thinking all week about the possibility of the game's delay or possible cancellation. Recently, NOA had dropped Devil's Third's publishing and Fatal Frame 5 might see the same fate. The game has a strong theme of death, suicide, murder, and gore in all it's glory. Nintendo HQs are grieving over the loss of Iwata and so many fans are on the same boat. It is highly doubtful that they would want to work on a game with such themes that they might not even be sure how to market a game like that after an icon from Nintendo dies. They would rather work on happy games that would cheer up the fans and the people who are working on them to deal with the loss of Iwata. But can localization be canceled? Yes. It happened to the original Final Fantasy II. That game has an English build but it was never released due to it being canceled. Can a death prevent or delay a release? Yes. During the time of 9/11 many TV shows and movies (Spiderman to name one) had to be altered to be released. The movie Poltergeist III was changed almost completely due to the death of the star actress 6 months before the film's release. The ending was changed because in the original ending featured the dead corpse of her character and was changed to an ending where you can see her character but not her face because they used a double.

Whats the fate of Fatal Frame 5? Delayed for a few months or get canceled. Your bet is as good as mine. 

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#4 OFFLINE   Logick

Logick

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:19 AM

Trust me they won't cancel it.  Bad PR for them.  Iwata's passing doesn't mean his plans are going out the window, they keep running with them until the new CEO comes(I've been there trust me).  Devil's Third ninty dropped since the quality was bad it seems.  This game is getting nothing but positive reviews.  IMHO worst can happen to it at this point is quiet release on the eshop and nothing else. 

#5 OFFLINE   Sweetいも

Sweetいも

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:34 AM

I can see a delay, but I can't imagine a cancellation. Nintendo is a business and while many will mourn him, I can't think of them stopping and/or canceling all the projects they have. It's a business first and for most and I doubt they'd want the business to go under because of this transition. This game is not their main concern, so it may be quiet, but games won't just stop from Nintendo.

#6 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:59 AM

but they ARE publishing Devils Third in North America.

https://mobile.twitt...916072884420609

So i don't see a reason to cancel FF5.

#7 OFFLINE   K1rby

K1rby

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

Right. And I also don't think there will be a delay or something - NoE is managed by Shibata, NoA by Reggie and not by the japanese managers. It will go on like they have planned.

#8 OFFLINE   Logick

Logick

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:19 AM

but they ARE publishing Devils Third in North America.

https://mobile.twitt...916072884420609

So i don't see a reason to cancel FF5.

Then I stand corrected :D

Edited by Logick, 23 July 2015 - 02:50 AM.

#9 OFFLINE   K1rby

K1rby

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:35 AM

My letter from Nintendo (not the original letter, translation from German):

Dear Mr ...,

Thank you for contacting Nintendo.

Thank you very much for your participation in Mr Iwata's death.

But I can reassure you, despite Mr Iwata's death the game Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water will be released as scheduled in fall.

There are currently no plans to cancel the release.

We'd like to answer more of your questions. Much fun in the exciting Nintendo world, wishes you

Edited by K1rby, 22 July 2015 - 09:36 AM.

• MacabrelleEnvy likes this

#10 OFFLINE   ste2115

ste2115

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:41 PM

Thats great news no cancellation

#11 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 204 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:44 PM

Thank you for the confirmation K1rby, glad to be reassured that the game is still coming on time.

yuri.gif
hi i used to be beni kthxbye

#12 OFFLINE   nizhi

nizhi

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:59 AM

I wait the exactly release date for Fatal Frame in america and i am dreaming with and hd edition of the firts three games (similar to resident evil 1 hd edition) than you can play with the pro controller... Meanwhile:  Somebody more want play silent hill on Wii U?  https://www.change.o...oming-for-wii-u

Edited by nizhi, 26 July 2015 - 03:06 AM.

#13 OFFLINE   Logick

Logick

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:14 AM

Seriously?  Petitions don't work, esp with companies like Konami.

#14 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:44 PM

So there is gonna be a demo out on the eShop when the game releases. The demo will let you play the first 2 chapters including the intro. As far as nintendo demos that do this, you can transfer your save to the full version of the game. Its not confirmed if North America gets it.

Also, Australia and New Zealand gets it on October 31st

http://www.twinfinit...ll-in-the-dark/

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#15 OFFLINE   Teen Bulma

Teen Bulma

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 130 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:45 AM

Tbh right now I just want to know what the US is getting so I can plan how and where I'll be spending my money. Like getting a EU version just for the collectibles and then DLing it via Eshop. I want to pre-order as soon as I can you know?

GpOY.png

#16 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:04 AM

We just have to play the waiting game a little bit longer. We should be hearing something as late as September

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#17 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:26 AM

I think we must hear somthing in the next Direct ( late August or early September)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Localization

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users