Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C
Meital : (29 February 2020 - 08:45 PM) GabSmolders is having Fatal Frame marathon on Twitch! Just FYI if you're interested watching someone play FF :)

Photo

FF5 potentially download-only in the US

Fatal Frame V Localization Rumor

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:33 PM

I agree with Clarelis, both bitchy fans and NOA most likely will share the blame if the game fails badly at NOA markets. Side of fandom acting bad and sending threats and boycotting does spread negative message and make people at NOA feel it's not worth it. But also, if I remember right, with FF4 (and DCB) NOA didn't even want to bring the game to its markets, so I think NOA has always been rather iffy towards the series. Now they bring it to E-shops, and while that is a great improve to previous titles and should make fans happy, with small marketing and lesser effort compared to PAL area they can't really just blame the fandom for small sale numbers if they don't even try as hard. Since the series don't even have as big customer base than other big Japanese horror series, marketing especially should be critical because the name itself won't sell. If they really won't bring the next game to the North America, and then say as reason "it's because there was not enough interest", I certainly won't view them as innocent either.

Now don't get me wrong, I AM grateful for NOA for bringing the game there and trying to continue the main series, it is a wonderful news and gives hope for the future and should be given thanks. But I won't blindly blame just the fans either, because compared to the NOE, NOA isn't giving as much effort. I get that it's better try to save money and have at least some kind of release to support, but for the fans in North America to be once more treated as inferior can feel unfair.

That being said, I certainly do not tolerate this unnecessary gross acting some fans have been doing; it won't help the game, because in my eyes NOA hasn't shown really interest before and would just shrug their shoulders. This isn't a case where the president would post an apologizing twitter and promise to listen to fans better in the future, this is a case where NOA seems to try the ice and see if it's worth it. And thus it's up to fans to show that, yes, it is. Show love and support, buy the game and try to get other friends get interested in it too! Boycotting is the most stupid way ever to deal with cases like this, when the fault isn't at the product itself but secondary matters.

(though since I'm not personally fond of digital releases either, I can understand why some feel upset. They take tons of space and upgrading HD drive isn't always the cheapest fun :/)

Edited by FeraN, 25 August 2015 - 07:19 PM.

• Darcness likes this

#62 OFFLINE   Sweetいも

Sweetいも

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:41 PM

I don't think there's anything wrong with being upset or asking for a physical copy. Those are normal reactions. But some people are furious with the digital only. Not even happy that we're getting a game that wasn't supposed to be in the states at all. I would of love a limited edition release. I would of even waited until the 30th like the UK. But it didn't happen. But I can still get the game, so that should be seen as some sort of progress. But it seems some people are taking an "all or nothing" approach. Boycotting the game becuse it's digital isn't going to do anything because Nintendo won't know that's why people are "boycotting," they'll just see it as a game with low sales.

I was really relieved hen we finally got a date and at least some set in stone information, because I was worried that they would just never release it because of how quiet they were. It looked like something that would go on haitus in the states, so I was really happy that I knew when and how to get it. Then a bit of disappointment came in after the fact that I couldn't get a fancy copy with all the razzle dazzle that the UK is getting.

Complain about it only being digital, let NoA know, because they won't know otherwise, but boycotting it? Sending hate mail? That's not going to do anything but hurt the series in the long run.

#63 OFFLINE   Chrysalis

Chrysalis

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 82 posts
  • LocationThrough the Looking Glass

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:38 PM

Part of why I responded was because it was starting to sound implied that the majority of people upset about the eshop release were whining to be whining. Some people absolutely are, but from what I've been seeing on twitter (at least) it's not so much people hating or boycotting that are making up the majority of responses, it hasn't even been people calling for the limited edition. The majority of posts are just people begging for any kind of physical copy over here, and quoting the size of the game among other things. 

I dream of a day when NOA will just give us all Fatal Frame games like any other normal title without it feeling like we're all pulling teeth, and then none of this unpleasantness will even matter. 

• LadyHepatica, Darcness, AnimalLover47999 and 1 other like this
Such order in the midst of chaos makes me woozy and disoriented.

#64 OFFLINE   LadyHepatica

LadyHepatica

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:30 PM

Yeah, where is this boycotting and threatening stuff coming from? I've seen a few kinds of comments on different websites, facebook, neogaf complaining about boycotting purely because it's a digital only format, but for the most part, the size of the download is the main issue. Not to mention, how long is a 16gb download gonna take? If you have internet data caps? If you have a faulty connection and it drops (my biggest concern), do you have to redownload all over again? The fact it is a 16gb download on a 32gb console is enough to put people on the fence. Mostly because those who already have a WiiU, have it for Nintendo games and those who don't have a WiiU only wanted it for this game, that is where the divide is I think.

Edit: There is speculation of censorship, unconfirmed, and probably won't be proven or discredited until the game is released. But for censorship issues, I'm more than sure that also contributes to the boycotting comments.

Edited by LadyHepatica, 26 August 2015 - 12:09 AM.

#65 OFFLINE   Sweetいも

Sweetいも

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:54 PM

I'm sorry if it came off that the complaints people had were not valid from my posts, because that's just not true. Of course, most of the information i'm seeing was from random tumblr posts and a facebook page, so clearly not the bulk of the fandom (I wouldn't really know where they would be? The bulk of the fandom anyway). People were saying that they were not going to buy the game at all, which is completely their choice. And some were going on about how it was just a straight up loss that it's eshop only. I guess it made me a sour puss because all the excitement over it flipped to disappointment. It was embarassing because it was just complaint after complaint (that I was seeing personally, which is biased =_= My bad).  I'm a person who boughht the WiiU with the intent to get Fatal Frame. For me, it would be my only digital game (for now at least), and I was also going to get a flash drive anyway because of the terrible storage, so my grief is going to be a lot less than someone who is heavily invested in their WiiU games. Their worries and comaplints about such a large game (that would, from rumors of the size, would take up more than half of the space for the deluxe wiiU) are completely valid. I just didn't want that dark spot to over shadow the fact that we're at least getting the game.

@Hepatica: Really? They censored some of it? it's a game about sucide, and it's rated mature? That's so weird, it's not like they were trying to get the kiddies involved. And, I believe that if it drops (from my very brief experience) it simply stops until it picks back up again. Unless there's a power loss, it'll keep going. I've lost my internet when downloading a trial and it just picked back up.

Side note: I also work in customer service, so the rumors of a planned attack to bombard the customer service makes me cringe :x

#66 OFFLINE   LadyHepatica

LadyHepatica

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:17 AM

@Hepatica: Really? They censored some of it? it's a game about sucide, and it's rated mature? That's so weird, it's not like they were trying to get the kiddies involved. And, I believe that if it drops (from my very brief experience) it simply stops until it picks back up again. Unless there's a power loss, it'll keep going. I've lost my internet when downloading a trial and it just picked back up.

Yeah, I think so far, the censored stuff is unconfirmed. Mostly the racy outfits could be censored, not so much the gore parts. People have been worried about that for months *mostly from what I've read in the gamefaqs forums. Censorship issues almost always are treated with hostility, so maybe the negative comments could be coming from those perspectives (all of nothing type). I don't think anyone will find out until they play it.

And I understand the frustration from both sides. The problems are coming from different directions and Nintendo isn't communicative at all, they just want to release it and be done.

#67 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 436 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:49 PM

I still want a physical release and I see no harm in asking Nintendo for one. I will support the series no matter what, I just hope my wiiU has enough space for the game. I'm also pretty jealous of that limited edition EU is getting!

I think my biggest reason for wanting a physical release was to be able to buy multiple copies so i could send them to my sisters. As it is right now I can only buy the one copy because one of my sisters uses her boyfriend's wiiU which won't have enough space and he doesn't like the series so he won't want it on his wiiU. My other sister doesn't have a wiiU so she would have played it on our brother's wiiU but now she'd have to buy another copy if she gets her own.

For those throwing a tantrum and now refusing to buy the game, you are only hurting the series and guaranteeing that we won't get the next game. We don't have the option to boycott because i'm sure Nintendo of America will just as soon drop the title than to give whiny fans what they want. Just know you are only hurting the rest of us and that we don't like you.

Edited by MacabrelleEnvy, 27 August 2015 - 02:52 PM.

#68 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:58 PM

I'm sorry if it came off that the complaints people had were not valid from my posts, because that's just not true. Of course, most of the information i'm seeing was from random tumblr posts and a facebook page, so clearly not the bulk of the fandom (I wouldn't really know where they would be? The bulk of the fandom anyway). People were saying that they were not going to buy the game at all, which is completely their choice. And some were going on about how it was just a straight up loss that it's eshop only. I guess it made me a sour puss because all the excitement over it flipped to disappointment. It was embarassing because it was just complaint after complaint (that I was seeing personally, which is biased =_= My bad).  I'm a person who boughht the WiiU with the intent to get Fatal Frame. For me, it would be my only digital game (for now at least), and I was also going to get a flash drive anyway because of the terrible storage, so my grief is going to be a lot less than someone who is heavily invested in their WiiU games. Their worries and comaplints about such a large game (that would, from rumors of the size, would take up more than half of the space for the deluxe wiiU) are completely valid. I just didn't want that dark spot to over shadow the fact that we're at least getting the game.

Side note: I also work in customer service, so the rumors of a planned attack to bombard the customer service makes me cringe :x

No worries, I certainly understand parts of fandoms can get irritating as heck, I have hit my head on a wall many times too thanks to some fans ruining things in other fandoms. So the complaints about those fans are valid, too; I just merely took aim at the claim that they would be the only ones to blame if the game failed. I really wish NoA will continue bringing the series to the US/America in the future too, despite smaller sale numbers.

And yeah, the lack of space on Wii U systems surely is one reason why people'd want to welcome physical release too. Nintendo missed many nails with the console and then have games and DLCs to take lot of space - FF5 eating seemingly gigantic piece of the storage would get me really irritated too. But it still doesn't excuse hate mails and harassing workers, and oh boy, boycotting the game for not getting Limited edition will just make sure that they won't see them in the future either.

#69 OFFLINE   Chrysalis

Chrysalis

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:09 PM

I COMPLETELY get that, and I don't want you to feel singled out! It was a vibe going around I was getting (hence why I didn't quote anyone). Some people rage and fuss and tantrum without thinking about the outcome, and it's incredibly frustrating, especially to the people who actively work to get this game attention and brought over here. I do believe though, thankfully, that they are not the majority this time. At least from following what has been happening on facebook and twitter (medias that actually make it to Nintendo's notice). In general though, this is quite frankly the nicest fandom I think I have ever been a part of. Everyone here has been so awesome and helpful, and there is a lot of positive passion for these games even outside this particular community. I don't like to see the small but loud ragers overshadow what is mostly such a great group. 

I also work with costumer service, so I get that fear. I totally recommend calling support (which I have), but not all at once.  :blink:

And speaking of support, I (politely) called NOA's support line and expressed interest in a physical copy, and the woman I talked to said that a physical copy has not been ruled out, and that they are gauging interest on the matter. She also encouraged people calling in about it. I'm going to buy this game regardless of how it gets over here, but it will be easier for me to keep my vow to buy 2 copies of the game for support if... you know, I can actually buy 2 copies. ^_^' 

Edited by Clarelis, 29 August 2015 - 10:13 PM.

#70 OFFLINE   Sweetいも

Sweetいも

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:46 AM

I've called, mostly to ask about worse case senrios (if my system goes down, how do I go about transfers, etc). I'm glad that people are calling and being vocal. I've called when there wasn't a release date yet, so I think it's gret to have NIntendo hear that not only do people love the game, they want to give money for a disc. But knowing what happens when a phone center gets bombarded...I think it's best if the calls trickle in.

Though a huge influx of calls may make Nintendo do it for fear of a repeat. :P

#71 OFFLINE   Chrysalis

Chrysalis

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:49 PM

It was more like "So when we getting it?" to "OMFG we BETTER get the Limited Edition! Or I SWEAR!" and here we are now "Nope, no thanks. I'm sending hate mail cuz we're are not getting a disc or more importantly the Limited Edition. I'm boycotting NOA!!!" Ughh this is why I hate limited editions. They corrupt the modern day gamers. 

I've said this before and I'll say this again, those who really care about the series will support the digital only NA release. Those who b***h and moan about it never really cared about the game to begin with and dont really want it. With this attitude there will be no next Fatal Frame in NA, it will be Japan and PAL exclusive..... AGAIN. NOA are giving us a chance to prove to them that we really care about the series and we really want future games localized. How? Buy the game off eShop and rate it 5 stars without a second thought. Thats how. Those in PAL regions can do this with the retail version too.

Yes I agree it is embarrassing, makes me not want anything to do with the fandom anymore and wait for somebody like Gab to tweet or make a video of the next game being announced. If we dont get the next Fatal Frame it will be THEIR FAULT not NOA. They have NOBODY to blame but themselves for not supporting the official release when the chance was given.

Okay, I wasn't going to quote anyone about this at first, but seeing your signature change has just made it an itch that I have to scratch. And I want to start by saying this is not a personal attack, so please do not take it that way. I just want to point somethings out that I think you are overdecorating and maybe clarify some things.

Firstly, I know there are people who are calling for boycotts and some of them even posted on Operation Zero's facebook/twitter. The people running it and the majority of people assisting are not supporting this attitude, and they are calling it out when it pops up. Boycotting doesn't help. It just doesn't. Operation Zero is not calling for boycotts. They are trying to get people to show they want Fatal Frame over here as a true retail release because people are willing to pay for one, and some people have legitimate concerns about digital only releases. They are active customers, not whiners, and it isn't fair to label everyone as such just because they haven't resigned themselves to a digital only release. Most of the people involved aren't even calling for the Limited Edition set the UK is getting, just a physical copy. It is perfectly fine to be satisfied with a digital only release, and it is also perfectly fine to let the company know you are willing to pay for a physical copy.

Secondly, if NOA is so petty and unprofessional that they can't distinguish the random ragers on the internet from people expressing interest in their product, NOA and their customers and their games are all in serious trouble. If you want to stay afloat as a company, you can't look at a place like tumbler that operates in extreme views of everything and assume that the world revolves around it. This is the internet. Rage happens, everywhere. You have to be able to recognize it and compartmentalize it.

And that brings me to my next point about what I have in bold from your statement. It is NOA's fault if this does badly over here. They have done next to nothing to show it exists. If the few ragers are enough to put a dent in the sales, then it isn't selling enough to be worth NOA's time anyways. I'd love to blame the haters for anything wrong with this, because they are frustrating and awful to listen to, but in reality they don't make that much of an impact in the scale that they are in. If haters were the ultimate force behind failing games, Silent Hill would not have made it past the sequel. Heck, the complaining about that series gets worse and worse each time, and yet they keep making games and bringing them over here. And that IS an abusive fanbase.

Calling for a physical copy to be released =/= not supporting the game. It isn't inherently ungrateful, though I feel like “grateful” is often confused with “relieved.” I plan on buying it even if it is a digital only release, but that doesn't mean I don't want a physical copy. And NOA isn't going to know that unless people tell them. I mentioned before that I called their support line and asked if there was a possibility at all that it would get a physical copy over in the US. The woman I talked to said that it has not been decided as Eshop only at this time. She also said to encourage others to call and express interest if they want a physical copy released over here!

I don't think this game will sell like hotcakes over here. No Horror game really does. But I don't think this is going to fail over here either, and it certainly won't fail because people tweeted/called in to show interest in it. Games fail when they go unnoticed. Or are just terrible, but I really don't think this is the case here.

I know that went on a long time to get to my final point, and I apologize for the length. I just think that while there are a few sore spots out there, this isn't a bad fanbase. Out of what pops up for this series, I see far, far more support & passion for it than I ever do people hating on it for whatever reason. I don't want anyone to lose sight of that because there a few troublemakers that get mixed in. Love and Happiness and Crimson Butterflies.  :icon_fallenwoman: Sorry for the wall of text.

Edited by Clarelis, 04 September 2015 - 09:50 PM.

• LadyHepatica and AnimalLover47999 like this

#72 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:09 AM

Okay, I wasn't going to quote anyone about this at first, but seeing your signature change has just made it an itch that I have to scratch. And I want to start by saying this is not a personal attack, so please do not take it that way. I just want to point somethings out that I think you are overdecorating and maybe clarify some things.

Firstly, I know there are people who are calling for boycotts and some of them even posted on Operation Zero's facebook/twitter. The people running it and the majority of people assisting are not supporting this attitude, and they are calling it out when it pops up. Boycotting doesn't help. It just doesn't. Operation Zero is not calling for boycotts. They are trying to get people to show they want Fatal Frame over here as a true retail release because people are willing to pay for one, and some people have legitimate concerns about digital only releases. They are active customers, not whiners, and it isn't fair to label everyone as such just because they haven't resigned themselves to a digital only release. Most of the people involved aren't even calling for the Limited Edition set the UK is getting, just a physical copy. It is perfectly fine to be satisfied with a digital only release, and it is also perfectly fine to let the company know you are willing to pay for a physical copy.

Secondly, if NOA is so petty and unprofessional that they can't distinguish the random ragers on the internet from people expressing interest in their product, NOA and their customers and their games are all in serious trouble. If you want to stay afloat as a company, you can't look at a place like tumbler that operates in extreme views of everything and assume that the world revolves around it. This is the internet. Rage happens, everywhere. You have to be able to recognize it and compartmentalize it.

And that brings me to my next point about what I have in bold from your statement. It is NOA's fault if this does badly over here. They have done next to nothing to show it exists. If the few ragers are enough to put a dent in the sales, then it isn't selling enough to be worth NOA's time anyways. I'd love to blame the haters for anything wrong with this, because they are frustrating and awful to listen to, but in reality they don't make that much of an impact in the scale that they are in. If haters were the ultimate force behind failing games, Silent Hill would not have made it past the sequel. Heck, the complaining about that series gets worse and worse each time, and yet they keep making games and bringing them over here. And that IS an abusive fanbase.

Calling for a physical copy to be released =/= not supporting the game. It isn't inherently ungrateful, though I feel like “grateful” is often confused with “relieved.” I plan on buying it even if it is a digital only release, but that doesn't mean I don't want a physical copy. And NOA isn't going to know that unless people tell them. I mentioned before that I called their support line and asked if there was a possibility at all that it would get a physical copy over in the US. The woman I talked to said that it has not been decided as Eshop only at this time. She also said to encourage others to call and express interest if they want a physical copy released over here!

I don't think this game will sell like hotcakes over here. No Horror game really does. But I don't think this is going to fail over here either, and it certainly won't fail because people tweeted/called in to show interest in it. Games fail when they go unnoticed. Or are just terrible, but I really don't think this is the case here.

I know that went on a long time to get to my final point, and I apologize for the length. I just think that while there are a few sore spots out there, this isn't a bad fanbase. Out of what pops up for this series, I see far, far more support & passion for it than I ever do people hating on it for whatever reason. I don't want anyone to lose sight of that because there a few troublemakers that get mixed in. Love and Happiness and Crimson Butterflies.  :icon_fallenwoman: Sorry for the wall of text.

K, I wouldn't have cared a single bit if you cursed me out and I wouldn't have cared if you wrote a book but thats what I choose to believe and I will stand by it. It irritates me when people cry about digital only releases when that seems to be the only way to release a game over. Its better than nothing. Everyones ok with it when XSeeD does it but when NOA does it people go ape s**t about it. For once I'm on their side and people here know how much I hate them. NOA is just testing if it would do well and are giving us a chance to show them that we meant what we said about wanting the series back and if it did then future games are highly likely to get a retail release. Senran Kagura Burst is an example of this 2 years back. NOA weren't sure about the game so all XSeeD could do was put it on eShop and what happened? The sequel got a retail release because of it. 

I am anti-Operation Zero because of how they're treating the situation when it first was announced. I tweeted saying "I feel like people are missing the point of @0perationZer0 it don't matter if it's digital only or not. The game is more important than a LE" then I get a response back was "complacency lowers standards. Bad for producers and consumers. Never deny customers." first of all WTF are you talking about? You're getting the game you asked for, you're not getting denied anything. Eat your damn food before it gets cold cuz you're telling me you obviously dont want it so why did you ask for it? I used to promote them but now I'm cutting them off. Screw Operation Zero. I dont care how much Iced would try to sweet talk his way into people's heads. He hijacked a fanpage of the game by calling it a "sister page" to Operation Zero. That page is for the game and has no relation to Operation Zero. Screw em.They're irrelevant to me. 

Another thing that people dont seem to understand, a limited release doesn't mean its a full on retail release. Most of it is gone already from pre-orders. You cant import it, there is no price tag for it on import sites like Play Asia. There is no standard version for PAL regions, its a digital only release for PAL regions too. Its too damn late for a retail release to be made at this point for NA. NOE already has that set up with a limited release for a month already, it's already too late for us in NA if you want to be realistic.

Edited by ナガクラ, 06 September 2015 - 12:52 AM.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#73 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:31 PM

I think NoA knows that people prefer and want physical copies, but it's just a case of it being a business decision- it costs far less to digitally publish a game than to do so physically. Even in Europe the game isn't getting a traditional physical release, what with it being limited edition only. I'm not entirely sure what makes it viable in Europe but not in America though, perhaps distribution costs here are less due to Europe being smaller? EU buyers more likely to buy limited editions in general? There must be some reasoning behind the decision.

But um yeah, not a big Op-Zero fan myself, honestly think it gives the fandom a bad reputation. 

• ナガクラ likes this

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#74 OFFLINE   koko

koko

Lost Twin

• Administrators
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:56 PM

I feel the same way.

We should all know by know that NoA rarely changes their minds. They are a business corporation, and corporations want to make a profit. Regardless of how much one wants to see it or not, it is the truth. If NoA feels like they might lose money out of physically releasing Fatal Frame, then that is their decision. It's better to support the release and hope that they might go physical next time around. If people bail on this release, NoA will mostl likely not go through the hassle of localising it again. They will be looking at sales numbers, after all. 

• ナガクラ likes this

#75 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:56 PM

Thats what I've been saying this whole time but people dont want to understand the economical side of things

• Sweetいも likes this

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#76 OFFLINE   Sweetいも

Sweetいも

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:49 AM

I think more people need to hear that it's not a regular release in NOE. When people saw that, like, 500 people in Europe were getting a physical release, people lost it. But it's not like they're stocking the selves with it. If they did the same thing here, we'd still be angry (or I would be, because I'm slow when it comes to deals). A lot of people wouldn't of gotten it. It's lame that we didn't get a chance at the limited, but we got the game. I think that should be most important in the end, becuse we could of very well not gotten a damn thing.

I'm not a fan of OpZero because it sems more like a gimmick at this point. (But it makes for an entertaining lunch break)

• ナガクラ and Chrysalis like this

#77 OFFLINE   Chrysalis

Chrysalis

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:29 PM

Expressing interest in a physical copy isn't the same as not supporting it. If you go with the attitude of physical or nothing, yeah, that's not supporting it. But how is expressing interest in a physical copy in addition to an eshop release detrimental? I get this is a business decision, and if NOA is gauging interest that's the point of calling and inquiring. I work customer service in a corporation, and many decisions about our products are made based off of feedback both after sales as well as input prior to sales. Sometimes we really are just waiting to hear from people before chopping something or giving it the green-light. It's not always an either/or scenario. We also never take it as a bad thing when people are actively taking the time to give input, even when it's negative. It is part of the data-analysis for current/potential sales.

I'm not saying everyone has to run to their phones and call NOA, that they have to like Operation Zero or even have to care about a physical release, that wasn't the point I was getting at. It's this mindset that people expressing interest in options suddenly equals bailing that is frustrating. Expressed interest is an important part of a company making decisions. Everyone that wants to see this series keep going should buy in whatever form it gets to wherever it is going, because obviously sales are important. That doesn't mean that in the meantime all other input completely ceases to matter. It may or may not make a difference in the long run, but it also does not hurt.

I think more people need to hear that it's not a regular release in NOE. When people saw that, like, 500 people in Europe were getting a physical release, people lost it. But it's not like they're stocking the selves with it. If they did the same thing here, we'd still be angry (or I would be, because I'm slow when it comes to deals). A lot of people wouldn't of gotten it. It's lame that we didn't get a chance at the limited, but we got the game. I think that should be most important in the end, becuse we could of very well not gotten a damn thing.

I'm not a fan of OpZero because it sems more like a gimmick at this point. (But it makes for an entertaining lunch break)

We can tell future generations of the mystical PAL Limited Edition, which could cure any illness and glowed a golden light so that one could use it as a torch in the night.  :ph34r:

• LadyHepatica and AnimalLover47999 like this

#78 OFFLINE   Abyss

Abyss

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:34 AM

I'm very disappointed that this is going to be digital only, but I guess I should be happy that we are getting this game at all!

#79 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:36 AM

It was more like "So when we getting it?" to "OMFG we BETTER get the Limited Edition! Or I SWEAR!" and here we are now "Nope, no thanks. I'm sending hate mail cuz we're are not getting a disc or more importantly the Limited Edition. I'm boycotting NOA!!!" Ughh this is why I hate limited editions. They corrupt the modern day gamers. 

I've said this before and I'll say this again, those who really care about the series will support the digital only NA release. Those who b***h and moan about it never really cared about the game to begin with and dont really want it. With this attitude there will be no next Fatal Frame in NA, it will be Japan and PAL exclusive..... AGAIN. NOA are giving us a chance to prove to them that we really care about the series and we really want future games localized. How? Buy the game off eShop and rate it 5 stars without a second thought. Thats how. Those in PAL regions can do this with the retail version too.

Yes I agree it is embarrassing, makes me not want anything to do with the fandom anymore and wait for somebody like Gab to tweet or make a video of the next game being announced. If we dont get the next Fatal Frame it will be THEIR FAULT not NOA. They have NOBODY to blame but themselves for not supporting the official release when the chance was given.

People not buying the game because it's digital only does not mean they never cared in the first place.  That's a highly unfair and insensitive way to think of things.  The game is both huge and will take a long time to download for most people, but people will also need to shelve upwards to almost $100 just for this one game because of extension cords, outlets, and an external harddrive.  That's absolutely ridiculous and it is completely wrong to blame someone or to accuse someone of not caring because they aren't able to or aren't willing to spend that much money on one video game.

• LadyHepatica likes this

#80 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:54 AM

I don't really understand the need of HHD to play Fatal Frame.

The game is about 16 GB and the 32GB Wii u model has 26 GB for games. So if you download the game you will have 10 GB in your Wii u.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Localization, Rumor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users