Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (12 October 2017 - 12:37 PM) Maybe Spirit Camera since I don't replay that very often...
GreekShadow : (12 October 2017 - 02:45 PM) I might replay FF3.Not sure if I should start a brand new playthrough or one with my unlockes though hmmm.I have years to play FF3 ;_;
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) Just think: yukatas.   :icon_ff3miku1:
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) (Why Rei doesn't have a blue one will forever be a mystery)
asagi : (12 October 2017 - 04:37 PM) I want to replay the games but mom threw the ps3 out of the window :zca rei:
Eisenalex : (12 October 2017 - 11:16 PM) Why would she do that?
Eisenalex : (14 October 2017 - 11:30 AM) I just learned that there's apparently a manga based on Siren made by Junji Ito.
Hex : (15 October 2017 - 01:11 PM) If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's unsurprisingly pretty gross.
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 02:20 PM) It's Junji Ito. Of course it gets either super weird or gross, lol.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 03:15 PM) And me being curious I had to look it up. Yup definitely gross XD
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:17 PM) Did you think it was that bad? I enjoy Ito's stuff a lot.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 05:32 PM) Meh.. It wasn't all that bad. Just more unsettling than "gross". Those weird worm girls or whatever are way worse *cringes*
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:41 PM) I'm not sure what you mean by "worm girls". He did a couple of slug-transformations, though.
NightmarePic... : (16 October 2017 - 11:02 PM) That was it.. yup lol
Hex : (17 October 2017 - 05:33 PM) My new washing machine makes jingles whenever it's finished like an ice cream van.
NightmarePic... : (17 October 2017 - 06:12 PM) I... don't think that's good Hex.. You might want to check what's in there other than clothes lol
Kouta Koikawa : (17 October 2017 - 06:28 PM) Maybe they come with entertaining sound effects these days.
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:15 PM) A lot of the new ones are supposed to chime to let you know when the cycle is done
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:16 PM) Mine does, at least
Eisenalex : (17 October 2017 - 09:59 PM) The future is now.

Photo

FF5 potentially download-only in the US

Fatal Frame V Localization Rumor

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Logick

Logick

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:39 AM

Then your connection must be insanely better than mine and everyone else's I know, and I'd really like to borrow it for a while. Or forever. There's too much difference between regions in that area, I guess? I think that's the main problem. Some places have ridiculous internet, whereas it can easily take me an hour-ish to download ~1gb, and even longer for some people.

I could be wrong on the time, but it sure was less than an hour and splatoon was 30 minutes.  But I'm sure the game is around 6ish gb. 

If you don't have a good connection you're pretty much screwed, which means it's definitely not always the faster option, and since the Wii U has such little storage on board then you'll need to have external storage as well (unless you have the 32gb model and don't have enough games to need to uninstall anything for space). There's too much potential hassle in there for a lot of people, which is what I'm guessing is the main cause for concern.

As for storage I HIGHLY recommend this hard drive http://www.amazon.co...1/dp/B008DW96NY.  Had it since Wii U launch and has been solid as a rock. 

And yeah, there's always the collectors who want it physically, of course. It will take a while for people not to see digital only as an issue, for these reasons and many more, so it's to be expected. More options are always better for everyone. We haven't quite caught up enough for digital to be an obvious solution across the board yet.

I used to be that way also, until I noticed the sheer amount of clutter I had.  The cheap flimsy cases Nintendo used for the Wii U case also turned me off.  Finally working at a major game publisher discovering how much is costs to manufacture and how scary it would be if the game flops.  I totally see digital as being the only path for games like this.  :-/

Overseas will be wildly lucky if it gets the plastic folder that was an Amazon.jp exclusive preorder bonus, which was crappy enough anyway. Step it up, Nintendo.

Ohh what was it?  Link?

#22 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:02 AM

My room is such a mess already that I don't even notice at this point. The shelves help. A bit. My internet is never going to be able to cope with download versions at next/current gen sizes, though. Patches and updates are terrifying enough of a prospect. Hopefully sooner rather than later the internet starts to get better, because if more things start going digital then I'm going to be in trouble. (And that I have money at some point, because I can't even afford the storage let alone the games at this point! Yay!) Also, even if manuals are still just a sad little piece of paper (one of my biggest regrets about the new gen) I still feel an insurmountable need to have them. My main issue with Wii U cases is the big chunk the top logo takes out of the box art, but that's... another issue.

This is the folder (contains a kind of spoiler for chapter 1, but it's been shown off enough that it might not matter?). Yuuri's clothes get wet depending on the angle. Nothing impressive. I wish they would start doing the DVDs again, but... Nintendo. Probably not happening.

^ It does say December, but it says 31/12, which is the standard placeholder for "it's out at some point this year, but we have absolutely no idea when" so personally I would take it with a mountain of salt. It will probably be out earlier than that, too.

AAHOrHo.gif

#23 OFFLINE   Sweetいも

Sweetいも

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:41 AM

^ It does say December, but it says 31/12, which is the standard placeholder for "it's out at some point this year, but we have absolutely no idea when" so personally I would take it with a mountain of salt. It will probably be out earlier than that, too.

Oh, I see. That worried me a bit. I've been assuming September, but most likely October for the release date. When I saw December I was like, "That is a winder date, NOT FALL. Call the game police!"

#24 OFFLINE   Logick

Logick

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:26 AM

Also, even if manuals are still just a sad little piece of paper (one of my biggest regrets about the new gen) I still feel an insurmountable need to have them.

Man I remember games like Ultima VII, their manual was a Holy Book of the world's religion(I was too young to understand but it was also bashing Scientology and EA lol).  It was pretty badass.  Nowadays most are just legaliese, its really sad...

This is the folder (contains a kind of spoiler for chapter 1, but it's been shown off enough that it might not matter?). Yuuri's clothes get wet depending on the angle. Nothing impressive. I wish they would start doing the DVDs again, but... Nintendo. Probably not happening.

As cool as this looks, I highly doubt ninty would even consider it.  :(

#25 OFFLINE   MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:14 PM

Oh, does that say December for the release date????

Placeholder date.

#26 OFFLINE   K1rby

K1rby

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:08 PM

http://www.saturn.de....html?langId=-3

And the next site selling the game :)

#27 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Vampire Slayer in Training

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationSunnydale

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:31 AM

^And how is that helping debunking "Digital only for NA"?

I stopped caring for retail for a while now (maybe for a year now?). Most games I want are very little in size anyway. For the Wii-U.... just 1 game. I have no time to even get to a GameStop these days even though its a 5 minute walk just to get there (and why should I wait a few days to order it online when I can just have it in 10 minutes?). Nearly half of my PS3 games are digital. I only have retail PS3 games because they are ether imports or I cant get them at all on PSN. Since I got my Vita I felt the games are super small and paper thin for me that I might lose them at some point so digital was the way to go. For me digital isn;t even the issue. Something like 12GB takes me under an hour and yes I prefer faster load times. TBH I feel as though the people who really supports this game if it were digital are the people who really cared. I doubt NOA would do a limited retail release, that isn't gonna make anybody happy anyway. Not everybody stays up to date with game news and it would be way too late for them to get the retail ver because there wont be any and then they will be mad about the limited release. .

Edited by ナガクラ, 20 July 2015 - 05:45 AM.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#28 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 758 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:13 AM

I really don't think it's fair to say those worried about download only don't care.  Not everybody has your internet speed or preference for digital games.

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

#29 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationSunnydale

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:25 AM

I personally think it is fair. You got what you want now take it and be happy it came out at all or do we really need to go back to the days of 4 and hack every Nintendo console with the next installment and make another patch just to play it. I had snail speed internet for a long time till I decided to upgrade half a year ago and it's not even that much added to the net bill anyway.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#30 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:15 AM

After this

http://m.neogaf.com/...d.php?t=1082246

I am sure we are getting a retail relaese for FF5.

Not only that but i think we are getting more than one FF game.

#31 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationSunnydale

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:59 AM

I dont really see that anywhere. Where did you get the info about more than one game?

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#32 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:50 AM

If you search in Nintendo official website about " Bayonetta " you will get 3 results:

1- Retail : including Bayonetta 1 & 2 for $60
2- Digital Only: including Bayonetta 2 only for $50
3- Digital Only: Including Bayonetta 1 Only for $30

http://www.nintendo....ate|-|-|-|-|-|-

Maybe it is the same for Fatal Frame.

#33 OFFLINE   koko

koko

Lost Twin

• Administrators
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:26 PM

I honestly don't see why they would do something like that. It was an entirely different situation with Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2, considering the latter is a direct sequel to the former. Since Bayonetta 2 was a Wii U exclusive, it made sense for them to port Bayonetta as well. They can't expect people who buy Bayonetta 2 to own a different console and to have played the original on that one. Hence why they ported it.

Fatal Frame 5 is the sequel to Fatal Frame 4, yes, but theirs stories don't seem to be that intertwined like in Bayonetta 1 and 2; just like the rest of the Fatal Frame games (there are some connections here and there (Mio in Fatal Frame 3, Yae from Fatal Fame 1 and 2 and so on), but nothing that directly requires the player to have played Fatal Frame 4 to be able to play and enjoy Fatal Frame 5). I don't want to sound too harsh, but it all sounds like wishful thinking. Fatal Frame 4 isn't coming west. It's a 7 year old game. If they wanted to release it worldwide, they would've done so already. Considering that Fatal Frame 5 isn't even a numbered title in the west proves this point. I honestly wish people would let it go and make peace with it.

#34 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 274 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:35 PM

I was browsing through coming soon section on Nintendo.

And I found something.

I clicked on Wii U of course. And found Fatal Frame 5 er Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water,since it isn't numbered:

Spoiler

Now I did not see any mention of Eshop with it. So I looked at other games that are eShop only like this:

Spoiler

Notice Fatal Frame doesn't  have eshop under it,it just says Wii U. I hope that means maybe it will be retail!

Edited by TomoChan, 21 July 2015 - 09:47 PM.

a80Suw0.png

#35 OFFLINE   Logick

Logick

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:18 AM

This could be a case of no executive decision yet.

#36 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:15 PM

Remember this speculation only applies to the US- here in Europe there's no signs on the Nintendo sites that it will be download only, so there's no reason to speculate it will be download only in the first place.

I also strongly doubt that we'll be getting FF4 as a digital release on top of this and there's really been no hint towards it or anything. 

• ナガクラ likes this

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#37 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationSunnydale

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:25 PM

I also strongly doubt that we'll be getting FF4 as a digital release on top of this and there's really been no hint towards it or anything. 

It amazes me after all these years people are still not willing to let Fatal Frame 4 go. Just let it go plz and move on :/

Edited by ナガクラ, 22 July 2015 - 11:26 PM.

• Yashuu likes this

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#38 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:52 PM

Shenmue 3 announced this E3...

No one thought it will be released but now we are getting it after more than 10 years.

So never stop believing.

#39 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:50 PM

I just don't see the point in "believing" now, I mean the original console is beyond dead and we already have a translation patch to multiple languages (I think at least the spanish one was finished too?). I understand importing the game is harder nowadays but if someone really wanted to play FF4 they've had 7 years to import it and use the patch. As ナガクラ said it's time to let it go, I'm very tired of seeing complaints on the comments of almost every FF5 article about how we never got 4, and it would be nice to look to future instead of lamenting about a game that is actually perfectly playable on non-japanese Wiis in non-japanese languages.

• ナガクラ likes this

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#40 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationSunnydale

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:37 PM

I use the Spanish patch, its done. You can pretty much get it off yes asia and Play-Asia easy. I'm not sure how many copies were made but damn after all these years its still in stock! You can use OG Wii games on a Wii-U but chances of it getting a retail release like that are very very low to non-existent as well as a digital ver translated via virtual console. NOA have said YEARS AGO they have stopped supporting the Wii around the time Pandora's Tower came out in NA so a digital ver of Fatal Frame 4 via virtual console is OUT OF THE QUESTION too. Just get Homebrew to your Wii-U (its been possible for over a year now) and be done with it. Just let it go and move on man. I'm pretty tired of the complaints too.

Edited by ナガクラ, 23 July 2015 - 11:38 PM.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Localization, Rumor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users