Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Emi : (11 September 2018 - 08:53 PM) My goal is eventually to have the kitchen designed like a combination of food and chemistry.
midwinter : (11 September 2018 - 08:54 PM) Oooh, that sounds cool! I hope you find one. They're so iconic, I feel like someone must sell them...
midwinter : (11 September 2018 - 08:55 PM) That's such a creative idea
Emi : (11 September 2018 - 08:55 PM) Yes. A friend has a big antique sale they do every year, I feel like maybe that might be the place to find some great treasure.
Emi : (11 September 2018 - 08:57 PM) Thanks! I love your spooky aesthetic idea too!! It sounds amazing. :) BRB. Repentance is giving me glares.
Emi : (11 September 2018 - 08:59 PM) The essence of lemons in the chalice of ponies has been offered. :P The repentance has been calmed.
midwinter : (11 September 2018 - 09:02 PM) and there was much rejoicing
Emi : (11 September 2018 - 09:04 PM) :icon_twin:  :icon_twin:  :icon_twin:
Emi : (11 September 2018 - 09:34 PM) alright, gotta go storm prep. see you later~
midwinter : (11 September 2018 - 09:36 PM) good luck!
Gbarchetta : (12 September 2018 - 01:17 PM) My Shadow of the Tomb Raider copy just came in the mail. But I can only play this weekend :(
Chou : (12 September 2018 - 01:26 PM) Stay safe Emi!!!!
Chou : (12 September 2018 - 01:26 PM) And awwww how comes?
Cursed Lemon : (12 September 2018 - 10:08 PM) Hey Emi, be careful and be well!
midwinter : (14 September 2018 - 04:26 AM) The forums aren't exploding, so I'm guessing there was no FF in the Direct last night
midwinter : (14 September 2018 - 05:03 AM) New animal crossing, though!
GregZerO : (14 September 2018 - 09:55 AM) thank god I didnt watch it cause from what I read today  i would get way too bored
Chou : (17 September 2018 - 02:57 PM) Tokyo Game Show is this weekend... Here's to having a little bit of hope, again, since Nintedo Direct had nothing D:
GregZerO : (17 September 2018 - 06:50 PM) my hopes are not that high to be honest but I would love a decent announcement
GregZerO : (19 September 2018 - 07:14 PM) Soo announcements begin from  20 until 23?Do we know which day TecmoKoei announces stuff or its random.

Photo

FF5 potentially download-only in the US

Fatal Frame V Localization Rumor

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:40 PM

http://wiiudaily.com...shop-exclusive/

Not exactly a confirmation, and no word on Europe, but I can definitely see it happening considering how niche the game is.

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#2 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:54 PM

Forgive me, because I don't have a lot of expertise with Nintendo's digital store.  Where is the eshop logo? I don't see it on Nintendo's page for the game?

Wait wait.. you mean that it's in an orange box instead of showing box art (or default box art right?)

#3 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 204 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:16 PM

Wait wait.. you mean that it's in an orange box instead of showing box art (or default box art right?)

I think so.

Anyways, I really hope that's not the case. Not because I'd prefer physical copy (cause I already have one), but only because the file size of the game is so god damn big that it takes up quite some space.

• Emi likes this

yuri.gif
hi i used to be beni kthxbye

#4 OFFLINE   detertake

detertake

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:39 PM

Forgive me, because I don't have a lot of expertise with Nintendo's digital store.  Where is the eshop logo? I don't see it on Nintendo's page for the game?

I think eshop logo will appear only after game release 

Here is some indie game available only via the eshop

http://www.nintendo....o1eZD1KyG1lkBbK

Edited by detertake, 23 June 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 513 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:30 PM

that makes sense. :) (btw I love your icon!)

#6 OFFLINE   LadyHepatica

LadyHepatica

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:32 PM

That.....that is not good for me ;A; I can't afford a WiiU, but I was willing to save up for a pre-order to support it's release and also so I'd at least have a copy of the game in case it's limited. I can't do that now TTATT

#7 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 286 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:10 PM

Hopefully not,with as big as the game is x_x isn't like 16gb?

a80Suw0.png

#8 OFFLINE   Sweetいも

Sweetいも

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:56 AM

I don't think it would make sense for this game since it's so large. It would take ages to download, take up a lot of space, and would hurt sales. When using the eShop, you can't just buy a game, you have to load up your account (with money you may or may not use) in certain amounts. I'd do that because I love the game, but I could understand if people wouldn't do that.

Having it be a download only game is asking for issues.

#9 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 418 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:14 PM

I really hope it isn't since i'm so partial to physical copies of everything (I still buy music on cd and when i support indie games I usually pay extra for a physical copy or "indiebox" version!) I'll buy it either way though just to make sure it gets all the support it can. I'll still even consider buying three copies total so all my siblings who have a wiiU will have a copy.

#10 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:04 AM

I wrote this in another thread but it's locked now so here is what i think:

A lot of you may see this as a negative point but what i think is we are getting another Fatal Frame game with Fatal Frame 5.

After looking at Nintendo website i found this

http://www.nintendo....ate|-|-|-|-|-|-

Bayonetta 2 ( a Wii u game ) which include Bayonetta 1 has three editions

- Retail Edition ( Including Bayonetta 1 & 2 ).
- Bayonetta 2 Digital Only Edition ( Cheaper than the first one )
- Bayonetta 1 Digital Only Edition.

It maybe the same but regardless i am happy we are getting the game even if it was E-shop Only.

Edited by Kenshin 4, 25 June 2015 - 01:24 AM.

#11 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:40 AM

Hopefully not,with as big as the game is x_x isn't like 16gb?

The Japanese version is 15GB but with the English text who knows. Maybe they'll add other Language options like Spanish subs so maybe a little more?

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#12 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 286 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:07 AM

I knew it was pretty big,and it  looks like it's disheartening some people from getting it :c hopefully this is just a speculation.

a80Suw0.png

#13 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:25 AM

http://karin-hien.tumblr.com on tumblr took this screenshot of Nintendo's UK site which says the game will be receiving a disk release here (and thus presumably Europe as a whole).

NKnazYC.png
  • Hex likes this

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#14 OFFLINE   K1rby

K1rby

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:19 PM

In my region you can already pre-order it, so there must actually be a retail version.

http://www.mediamark....html?langId=-3

• Yashuu likes this

#15 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:29 AM

I found this at Neogaf

http://m.neogaf.com/...d.php?t=1072655

I really hope we get a retail version.
  • MacabrelleEnvy likes this

#16 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 418 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:23 AM

I found this at Neogaf

http://m.neogaf.com/...d.php?t=1072655

I really hope we get a retail version.

Nice catch! There is hope after all :D

#17 OFFLINE   Logick

Logick

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

(Hello first time posting in a long time *wave*)

It's really not a big deal if this game is digitial only.  Think of it this way.  It takes me about 30 minutes to download a commericial Wii U game(I'm digital only now), so running to the store, buying it, and installing it would take longer.   Nintendo and Koei-Tecmo would get more money for it(instead of going into the hands of Gamestop and such), therefore justifying future releases.  You'd get faster loading times and you'd never have to fumble to find a disc or risk it getting damaged. 

I was going to go digitial anyway.  I'm a PC gamer mostly (consoles for me are you Nintendo games, Naughty Dog, and JRPGs)  So I go used to it ages ago.  The only time i buy physical now are for sweet CE's like Fallout 4's or whatever they're going to do with Persona 5(and lets face it Ninty rarely does CE let alone for these games). 

• ナガクラ likes this

#18 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:50 PM

But i want to see Fatal Frame 5 box in my shelve :(
I will buy both if they release a retail version.

#19 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:34 PM

It takes me about 30 minutes to download a commericial Wii U game(I'm digital only now), so running to the store, buying it, and installing it would take longer

Then your connection must be insanely better than mine and everyone else's I know, and I'd really like to borrow it for a while. Or forever. There's too much difference between regions in that area, I guess? I think that's the main problem. Some places have ridiculous internet, whereas it can easily take me an hour-ish to download ~1gb, and even longer for some people. If you don't have a good connection you're pretty much screwed, which means it's definitely not always the faster option, and since the Wii U has such little storage on board then you'll need to have external storage as well (unless you have the 32gb model and don't have enough games to need to uninstall anything for space). There's too much potential hassle in there for a lot of people, which is what I'm guessing is the main cause for concern. And yeah, there's always the collectors who want it physically, of course. It will take a while for people not to see digital only as an issue, for these reasons and many more, so it's to be expected. More options are always better for everyone. We haven't quite caught up enough for digital to be an obvious solution across the board yet.

But nothing has been confirmed, so this could ultimately be pointless anyway!

(and lets face it Ninty rarely does CE let alone for these games)

Overseas will be wildly lucky if it gets the plastic folder that was an Amazon.jp exclusive preorder bonus, which was crappy enough anyway. Step it up, Nintendo.

AAHOrHo.gif

#20 OFFLINE   Sweetいも

Sweetいも

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:54 PM

In my region you can already pre-order it, so there must actually be a retail version.

http://www.mediamark....html?langId=-3

Oh, does that say December for the release date????

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Localization, Rumor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users