Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C

Photo
- - - - -

Crimson Butterfly and Promise endings.

Fatal Frame II Endings Sae Kurosawa Yae Kurosawa

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PrinceShiro

PrinceShiro

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:20 AM

I've been under the impression that in the CB ending, Mio and Mayu did the ritual, and they became one, just the two of them, but I've seen around that it's also common belief that Sae and Mayu both make up the butterfly, and then it's also a belief that Sae, Mayu, and Yae are all in the one CB.
Secondly, in the promise ending, we see Yae come back, and she becomes one with Yae, but... I thought the spirit of Yae that got left in the village was an imprint, or just a part of her soul; therefore, it wasn't a complete half the of the soul that she and Sae would've become if they become one again. So how did they end up making a butterfly here?

#2 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 434 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:48 AM

Thats a good question. I've thought about that too since Yae ended up in Himuro Mansion and was trapped there. I think I decided that the events of CB happen after the first game, therefore Yae's soul was released and Mio was able to call it back to the village.
  • fallenangel411 likes this

#3 OFFLINE   PrinceShiro

PrinceShiro

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:19 PM

I thought Mio might've called her back to the village, too, but, at the end of FF1, all the souls "went to where they belong", so wouldn't that mean that Yae was already on the other side? Maybe she called it back from the other side... Hm...

#4 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:12 AM

I'm one of the people who believes that Yae's soul split when Sae died and she couldn't re-enter the village. The disconnect was much more severe than with Kirie and little Kirie, since Yae also lost all her memories of her life up to that point. That could just be a sign of trauma, but since twins were supposed to be one soul in two bodies, I'm inclined to believe it was something more, and that she quite literally left her childhood self behind. The way I see it, since she and Sae were frozen at the same moment, at the exact point when they were supposed to have become one, it wouldn't cause any difficulties that Yae's adult self wasn't included in the mix. There was enough left to Yae for her to go on living and make new memories, but everything that was supposed to have been united with Sae was still there, wanting to go back to her.

Although, as an alternate interpretation, when Miku says "Their souls are all going back to where they belong," maybe Yae's soul "belonged" at Minakami Village, since she still had unfinished work to do? That might be supported by the guidebook notes where Ryozo says that Yae is troubled by nightmares and calls out Sae's name in her sleep after she comes to live with him, which would suggest that some part of her still remembers and, presumably, still feels guilty for abandoning Sae and wants to put things right.

#5 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 434 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:11 PM

^^^ I agree with either of your theories, but the 2nd one is basically what I had meant. That once her soul was released from Himuro it didn't go to "the other side" because it was already attached to Minakami Village. Since Sae sort of performed the ritual Yae's soul was called back to complete it as what should have happened after her natural death had she stayed in the village.

#6 OFFLINE   PrinceShiro

PrinceShiro

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:28 PM

Oh, the second one makes perfect sense. The whole thing with her splitting and the endings had been confusing me, but it makes a lot more sense now. Thanks ^^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame II, Endings, Sae Kurosawa, Yae Kurosawa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users