Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
GreekShadow : (19 January 2018 - 02:18 AM) hmmmm in the first game
GreekShadow : (19 January 2018 - 02:18 AM) I remember that Ep 2 & 5 broke me
GreekShadow : (19 January 2018 - 02:18 AM) but also 3 hm
GreekShadow : (19 January 2018 - 02:18 AM) so hard to choose dunno
GreekShadow : (19 January 2018 - 02:19 AM) i can say though that my least favorite was 1
GreekShadow : (19 January 2018 - 02:19 AM) cause when it finished i was like "ehm looks okay"
GreekShadow : (19 January 2018 - 02:19 AM) and then i realised that i bought the whole game by mistake
GreekShadow : (19 January 2018 - 02:19 AM) and not only the "free episode one"
GreekShadow : (19 January 2018 - 02:20 AM) what was ur fav in the original?
Hex : (19 January 2018 - 02:22 AM) Oh man, it was lucky you ended up liking it!  :P
Hex : (19 January 2018 - 02:22 AM) E2, for Kate. I thought they did her story and those choices really well.
Hex : (19 January 2018 - 02:23 AM) The song at the end with the eclipse, ahh.
GreekShadow : (19 January 2018 - 02:24 AM) who can dislike LiS :'CC
GreekShadow : (19 January 2018 - 02:25 AM) Ep2 actually was one of the really few games that made me feel like bother for days
GreekShadow : (19 January 2018 - 02:26 AM) and then i came to the oxymoron realisation that the game is great
Hex : (19 January 2018 - 02:28 AM) It is.  I really can't wait for dontnod's season 2.
GreekShadow : (19 January 2018 - 02:30 AM) i am so curious about the new setting really
Hex : (19 January 2018 - 02:30 AM) I better catch some sleep, I hope you have fun with the next episodes!  G'night.  :)
GreekShadow : (19 January 2018 - 02:32 AM) nighty hex 0/ thank u
AnimalLover4... : (21 January 2018 - 03:36 AM) How have you all been doing?

Photo

Do you have faith in the Hollywood Film?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 07 June 2016 - 03:42 AM

What about the Japanese film was rushed?  It seemed like they knew what they were doing and timed everything right.

They'll likely turn their focus to the Hollywood movie after they finish with the Resident Evil films, which are scheduled to end in January next year and usually do pretty well financially.  Two video game adaptations at once by the same team might distract one from the other, so waiting could improve the chances of ours getting the right care and attention.  As for faith in the film, I'm going to keep my expectations low, but I would be happy with anything along the lines of The Forest.  However bad it might be, we'll still have the Japanese movie, which was more than I'd hoped for.

I didn't say the Japanese film was rushed (even though I absolutely hate it even though I had little to no expectations for it), as I explained Western films aren't produced as fast as Japanese films. The Western studio would have to rush production just to get it done around the time of a game.

Edited by ナガクラ, 07 June 2016 - 03:42 AM.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#22 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 797 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:36 PM

Not if the film was announced and being planned years before they announced the game it would release alongside, which would be the case.  

#23 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 416 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:28 PM

I'm still really hoping that this doesn't flop because it could really bring attention to the series from people who might not have heard of it otherwise. Nintendo did such a poor job of advertising the 5th game and the epic fail that was Spirit Camera have brutally murdered my hopes for another game getting localized in NA.

I also really hope the camera has a central role in this one since it didn't seem to in the Japanese movie :/

Edited by MacabrelleEnvy, 14 October 2016 - 11:31 PM.

#24 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 289 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:38 PM

I kinda hope James Wan (the one who was director in the Conjuring 1 & 2) would be the one who is directing the movie. I don't know if it's already revealed who's the director, but he really can make good horror films.

Nintendo did such a poor job of advertising the 5th game and the epic fail that was Spirit Camera have brutally murdered my hopes for another game getting localized in NA.

I also really hope the camera has a central role in this one since it didn't seem to in the Japanese movie :/

They really don't know how to advertise Fatal Frame stuff xD  I hope too that Camera Obscura will be the center of the movie, with all the rituals and interesting story ofc ^^

Is there any news about the movie? 

#25 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 416 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:53 PM

I kinda hope James Wan (the one who was director in the Conjuring 1 & 2) would be the one who is directing the movie. I don't know if it's already revealed who's the director, but he really can make good horror films.

They really don't know how to advertise Fatal Frame stuff xD I hope too that Camera Obscura will be the center of the movie, with all the rituals and interesting story ofc ^^

Is there any news about the movie?

The person directing the movie is the same one (I believe) who worked on the 2nd Silent Hill movie and the Resident Evil movies. Since the final Resident Evil is going to theaters early next year I think the consensus is that production on the Fatal Frame movie will start after that.
  • Meital likes this

#26 OFFLINE   Daniele199

Daniele199

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 33 posts
  • LocationMinakami village

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:03 AM

They really don't know how to advertise Fatal Frame stuff xD

The problem was that Project Zero hadn't got a good advertising, so it has been a niche videogame and not very popular (partly, because everyone knows that it is the symbol of the horror genre)

#27 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 289 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:48 PM

It has been quite some time since we last talked about the Hollywood version of Fatal Frame (about year or so).

I checked on imdb and on Samuel Hadida's page there isn't any listing about Fatal Frame movie in his Filmography, so I'm wondering if they drop the idea of making that movie or have they been too busy with other movies.

Have you heard anything? ^^

#28 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:34 PM

Not a word since Shibata's tweet. (Which, btw, I can't believe was a year and a half ago. D:) I think this is another one that's going to be stuck in development hell forever.

• Meital likes this

#29 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 797 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:29 PM

According to Wikipedia, Hadida's failed to adapt something he acquired the rights for before.  I hope that isn't the case with this.

#30 OFFLINE   GreekShadow

GreekShadow

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 251 posts
  • Location???

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:36 PM

Maybe they are keeping the reveal to be along with FF6 or something?Considering the "multimedia" thing they went with FF5 release it wouldn't suprise me.

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#31 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:58 AM

Considering it's taking so long I'm taking it that it's going to be an original storyline and not an Americanized version of the Japanese movie?

#32 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:04 AM

Looking back at this old topic I still hope they stay away from the Japanese movie story. I'm not asking them to make an adaption of any of the games. All I want is the concept of the series to be in the movie which the Japanese movie failed to do. I want to see protagonist vs ghost scenes not another movie about kissing a picture and the camera obscura not being in use. If you cut out the camera obscura scenes (10 seconds of the movie) the film could have easily have been called something else.

With the way how Hollywood has been received these few years with films like Ghost in the Shell, I really dont care if its set in Japan or not. I wont care if there aren't any Asians. I dont care if the lead actor/actress isn't Asian. The camera isn't Asian exclusive just because its a Japanese developed series. I'm sure they'll write some random reason how it makes it's way to America to the hands of the lead character like how the upcoming movie Polaroid has the lead character finding an old camera in an Antique store. 

All I want is the main concept. A camera that is able to let you see ghost and fight hostile ones attacking you. My idea maybe possibly a relative died (overexposure?) and the lead goes to clean out their home. The lead finds the camera and freaky stuff start happening then finds clues that may possibly answer questions why the relative died mysteriously and goes to the source. The End.

• MacabrelleEnvy likes this

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#33 OFFLINE   GreekShadow

GreekShadow

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 251 posts
  • Location???

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:26 AM

In my opinion,for a film it would look horrible to have scenes of the viewfinder fighting ghosts,except if it happens like one time or something(in a clever way),but the only thing i'm sure about is that I don't want the movie to turn out as a "shoot em up first person chase the ghosts movie".I would so much prefer to keep the tone & pacing of the Japanese movie in a new setting or something similar.

As much as I love the games (& the Japanese movie),I don't thing that recreating any of them would actually work.

• Hex and AnimalLover47999 like this

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#34 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 797 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:37 PM

A ghost-fighting camera works as a game concept, but like Greek said, it probably wouldn't work on film.  How would you keep it from getting repetitive while being interesting to watch?  How do you keep the tension?  It's tense as a game because it's down to your skills with the camera whether you survive or not.  As a film, you'd probably be watching a lot of shaky cam to convey someone's fear and vulnerability and yeesh, sign me up.   :icon_fallenwoman:  

If they used the camera instead to solve puzzles, reveal secrets and capture creepy photography I'd be more than happy with that.  It would be staying true to its game roots while avoiding some of the more visually awkward pitfalls.  What I completely disagree with is taking the series out of Japan.  You say you could remove the camera from the Japanese film and rename it something else, Nagakura, but I feel the same about the setting.  If you set Fatal Frame in America with no Asian ties whatsoever, even with a camera, you might as well make a Paranormal Activity sequel.  It's identity would be gone, something that even with limited use of the camera the Mari Asato film kept intact imo.  

I'm not sure how they'll tackle this though.  It's likely they'll have an American cast in Japan which I'm not against, but if it's an adaptation of one of the games, how would that work?  We need more to go on, film people, it's been 3 years.

• GreekShadow, Meital, AnimalLover47999 and 1 other like this

#35 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:02 AM

I'm not sure how they'll tackle this though.  It's likely they'll have an American cast in Japan which I'm not against, but if it's an adaptation of one of the games, how would that work?  We need more to go on, film people, it's been 3 years.

So, Zero Blood Curse/New Translation?

Edited by AnimalLover47999, 13 November 2017 - 01:03 AM.

#36 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 797 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:57 PM

Hopefully more along the lines of the Ju-On remake.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users