Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 09:41 PM) i meant cannible
Hex : (22 April 2017 - 09:44 PM) Cannibal
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 09:48 PM) yeah
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 09:54 PM) is this the next fatal frame plot
Hex : (22 April 2017 - 10:08 PM) Hopefully not
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:09 PM) i agree
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:10 PM) cannibal ghosts would be a nope
Hex : (22 April 2017 - 10:11 PM) Not that, I just don't think it suits Fatal Frame
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:12 PM) ms dubstep bought me a glue gun.....i'm not sure how to feel about this
Hex : (22 April 2017 - 10:12 PM) What for?
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:13 PM) to build a model of the black pearl
Zuhna : (22 April 2017 - 10:15 PM) no. Everyone starved and turned into ghosts and now they haunt pizza places
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:15 PM) she keeps making innudendo's unintionally XD
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:16 PM) zuhna, lets not cross over into fnaf here
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:27 PM) i feel like writing
suprimeking : (23 April 2017 - 12:00 AM) that's enough writing for now, i'm off
Hex : (23 April 2017 - 01:03 PM) Just a few days until Outlast 2.
suprimeking : (23 April 2017 - 01:27 PM) seeing how terrifying the first game was it will no doubt be far better
Hex : (23 April 2017 - 02:28 PM) Hopefully.  I like the look of it so far.
suprimeking : (23 April 2017 - 04:45 PM) i remember watching the demo

Photo

Do you have faith in the Hollywood Film?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Vampire Slayer in Training

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationSunnydale

Posted 07 June 2016 - 03:42 AM

What about the Japanese film was rushed?  It seemed like they knew what they were doing and timed everything right.

They'll likely turn their focus to the Hollywood movie after they finish with the Resident Evil films, which are scheduled to end in January next year and usually do pretty well financially.  Two video game adaptations at once by the same team might distract one from the other, so waiting could improve the chances of ours getting the right care and attention.  As for faith in the film, I'm going to keep my expectations low, but I would be happy with anything along the lines of The Forest.  However bad it might be, we'll still have the Japanese movie, which was more than I'd hoped for.

I didn't say the Japanese film was rushed (even though I absolutely hate it even though I had little to no expectations for it), as I explained Western films aren't produced as fast as Japanese films. The Western studio would have to rush production just to get it done around the time of a game.

Edited by ナガクラ, 07 June 2016 - 03:42 AM.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#22 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Dishevelled Folklorist

• Haori Inspector
  • 721 posts
  • LocationDinner table

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:36 PM

Not if the film was announced and being planned years before they announced the game it would release alongside, which would be the case.  

#23 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 387 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:28 PM

I'm still really hoping that this doesn't flop because it could really bring attention to the series from people who might not have heard of it otherwise. Nintendo did such a poor job of advertising the 5th game and the epic fail that was Spirit Camera have brutally murdered my hopes for another game getting localized in NA.

I also really hope the camera has a central role in this one since it didn't seem to in the Japanese movie :/

Edited by MacabrelleEnvy, 14 October 2016 - 11:31 PM.

#24 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 261 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:38 PM

I kinda hope James Wan (the one who was director in the Conjuring 1 & 2) would be the one who is directing the movie. I don't know if it's already revealed who's the director, but he really can make good horror films.

Nintendo did such a poor job of advertising the 5th game and the epic fail that was Spirit Camera have brutally murdered my hopes for another game getting localized in NA.

I also really hope the camera has a central role in this one since it didn't seem to in the Japanese movie :/

They really don't know how to advertise Fatal Frame stuff xD  I hope too that Camera Obscura will be the center of the movie, with all the rituals and interesting story ofc ^^

Is there any news about the movie? 

#25 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 387 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:53 PM

I kinda hope James Wan (the one who was director in the Conjuring 1 & 2) would be the one who is directing the movie. I don't know if it's already revealed who's the director, but he really can make good horror films.

They really don't know how to advertise Fatal Frame stuff xD I hope too that Camera Obscura will be the center of the movie, with all the rituals and interesting story ofc ^^

Is there any news about the movie?

The person directing the movie is the same one (I believe) who worked on the 2nd Silent Hill movie and the Resident Evil movies. Since the final Resident Evil is going to theaters early next year I think the consensus is that production on the Fatal Frame movie will start after that.
  • Meital likes this

#26 OFFLINE   Daniele199

Daniele199

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 32 posts
  • LocationMinakami village

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:03 AM

They really don't know how to advertise Fatal Frame stuff xD

The problem was that Project Zero hadn't got a good advertising, so it has been a niche videogame and not very popular (partly, because everyone knows that it is the symbol of the horror genre)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users