Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
ナガクラ : (15 July 2015 - 12:43 AM) I think they'll also erase him from the credits too
Homuranagi : (15 July 2015 - 01:09 AM) there's a credit roll before every single mission and his name is in that as of e3
Homuranagi : (15 July 2015 - 01:09 AM) if they want to change it they'd better do it quickly because they only have 7 weeks until release
Zuhna : (15 July 2015 - 05:37 PM) They probably have it programmed ready but are waiting for the last showcases before they patch it in just before release.
ナガクラ : (15 July 2015 - 11:36 PM) or maybe it will get a day 1 patch just to remove Kojima's name from the credits and delete possible cameos he might have put in before things went down
Logick : (17 July 2015 - 07:46 PM) They won't erase Kojima's name from the credits, just make his listing as minor as possible.
ナガクラ : (18 July 2015 - 12:23 AM) my copy of Ikenie no Yoru has arrived. it was waiting at the post office for 2 weeks and the mail lady didn't bothered to leave a little note :/
ナガクラ : (18 July 2015 - 10:21 PM) I wish it was longer but it was a good game, I liked it~
ナガクラ : (23 July 2015 - 11:49 PM) Juon arrived, it cant be THAT bad of a game right?
ナガクラ : (24 July 2015 - 12:40 AM) minus the censored ending
Zuhna : (25 July 2015 - 04:05 AM) Kojima and Del Toro planning to work on some other project together http://www.ign.com/a...-on-new-project
ナガクラ : (25 July 2015 - 07:28 PM) and that article will be deleted in a few hours by KOANMI
ナガクラ : (26 July 2015 - 03:15 PM) Fatal Frame reached #5 and Siren reached #4 as the "too scary" games to play by Japanese voters http://www.crunchyro...ary-video-games
detertake : (26 July 2015 - 03:58 PM) lol, what exactly mg/mgs doing in this "too scary video games" list?
Zuhna : (26 July 2015 - 04:30 PM) The amount of cutscenes in 4 is scary enough to make it into the list.
ナガクラ : (26 July 2015 - 11:41 PM) or maybe they were scared to play that one character who runs around naked doing flips lol
Homuranagi : (27 July 2015 - 12:58 AM) we all are
ナガクラ : (28 July 2015 - 12:39 AM) If you hated Google+ well its time to celebrate cuz its going byebye http://gizmodo.com/g...ogle-1720411820
Debauch : (28 July 2015 - 03:28 AM) I did not know such an atrocity even existed.
Teen Bulma : (28 July 2015 - 06:34 AM) its raining again..

Photo

Tomonobu Itagaki believes that Fatal Frame 5 will come to the west

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Missing Person

• Naughty People
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:07 PM

Tomonobu Itagaki The producer of Devil's Third ( Wii u exclusive game ) said on his Facebook page that Fatal Frame 5 is coming to the west. He is Kikuchi Keisuke's friend so I believe him.

What do you think ?

Source

http://www.gonintend...r-fatal-frame-v

#2 OFFLINE   ste2115

ste2115

Innocent Bystander

• Naughty People
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:38 PM

I knew that we going to get this game released but dont expect for more suprises just yet but one thing I would have a point is e3 2015

#3 OFFLINE   K1rby

K1rby

Innocent Bystander

• Naughty People
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:39 PM

I believe in his words, too.

He works together with Nintendo so he must know something that isn't official yet. But of course he likely isn't allowed to announce this on FB.

We have to wait for Big N. His words gave me hope :)

Thank you Itagaki-san :)

#4 OFFLINE   fallenangel411

fallenangel411

Innocent Bystander

• Naughty People
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:03 PM

This post has made my life.  I really doubt he would be so irresponsible as to post a false hope for all the people he knows are listening.  I think this is happening!

#5 ONLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Missing Person

• Naughty People
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:39 PM

Guys

After reading again I noticed something. Why did he say " The " Fatal Frame V ?

And Why does he said that Kikuchi keisuke is working on it ? Isn't this the work of the localization team ?
And he asked us to read between the lines.
So,
Do you guys know what i think he is trying to say ?
A new HD collection is coming to Wii u and to the west !

#6 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Lost Twin

• Naughty People
  • 177 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:20 PM

So far I wouldn't go counting it as "official confirmation" since it's not, but these things do bring hope.
And hey - "a new Fatal Frame for Wii U" was originally just a rumor as well with hints and bits here and there and look where we are now.

• Yashuu likes this

yuri.gif
hi i used to be beni kthxbye

#7 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Naughty People
  • 366 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:12 AM

Guys

After reading again I noticed something. Why did he say " The " Fatal Frame V ?

And Why does he said that Kikuchi keisuke is working on it ? Isn't this the work of the localization team ?
And he asked us to read between the lines.
So,
Do you guys know what i think he is trying to say ?
A new HD collection is coming to Wii u and to the west !

:D ~! I hope we see more movement in this direction. I was only just able to import the games we missed but i'd gladly buy them again and a wiiU if we see them localized!!

Edited by MacabrelleEnvy, 10 February 2015 - 02:12 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 813 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:00 AM

I don't doubt that Kikuchi wants it localised, but how much say does he actually have in the decision? It was Nintendo that localised Spirit Camera and DCB. Still, we'll see. Either way, I hope they let us know soon; the suspense is worse than a definite "no", I think.

ETA: Sorry, this sounds way more pessimistic than I meant it to. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade! But I remember the cycle of excitement + anticipation and then disappointment following FF4, and it was pretty exhausting. I'm hopeful, but I'm going to wait for an official announcement before I start celebrating. ^_^

sara2_zps1a348cc0.png

Hail Mari Asato, Saviour of All.

#9 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Jann Lee Fighter

• Naughty People
  • 889 posts
  • LocationTyler Hoechlin's closet

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:15 AM

I don't doubt that Kikuchi wants it localised, but how much say does he actually have in the decision? It was Nintendo that localised Spirit Camera and DCB. Still, we'll see. Either way, I hope they let us know soon; the suspense is worse than a definite "no", I think.

ETA: Sorry, this sounds way more pessimistic than I meant it to. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade! But I remember the cycle of excitement + anticipation and then disappointment following FF4, and it was pretty exhausting. I'm hopeful, but I'm going to wait for an official announcement before I start celebrating. ^_^

When he was asked on Twitter about Wii Edition coming to NA he said NOA has to agree on doing so. Over here Spirit Camera was published by Nintendo not Tecmo. I guess the same can be said about the PAL releases for Spirit Camera and Wii Edition. The Nintendo developed games have a some sort of parent agreement thing going on so if they wanted to bring a game outside of Japan one says yes but the other says no then no luck. 

We were talking about this on the chat a few weeks back. We have our suspicion that its a fake account. I can go ask people I know from the DOA community if its really him or not because I am not sure but as of right now I'm taking this as a grain of salt. As far as I know, he (Itagaki) isn't part of Tecmo anymore.

Edited by ナガクラ, 10 February 2015 - 09:16 AM.

banner_game.gif

#10 OFFLINE   fallenangel411

fallenangel411

Innocent Bystander

• Naughty People
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:12 PM

Some really interesting discussions happening in the forum under this article:

http://www.ign.com/a...-v-localization

A lot of people are assuming Nintendo planned to release the game alongside the movie all along, the same way the game came out with the movie in Japan.  It makes sense.

Edited by fallenangel411, 10 February 2015 - 09:18 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   ste2115

ste2115

Innocent Bystander

• Naughty People
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:49 PM

Exactly nintendo is aware that without the game localise to uk and us no game no movie which I believe nintendo really want to get a second chance to bring it outside japan back to where the series goes too

#12 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Jann Lee Fighter

• Naughty People
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:34 AM

What movie are they even talking about? The Japanese one or the American one? I cant think that they would honestly make a movie within a year. These things take time. As for the Japanese one... is it licensed already?

Edited by ナガクラ, 11 February 2015 - 05:36 AM.

banner_game.gif

#13 OFFLINE   ste2115

ste2115

Innocent Bystander

• Naughty People
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:37 AM

Its properly the hollywood version one

#14 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Jann Lee Fighter

• Naughty People
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:46 PM

The article saids the film is due out at the end of the year with no sources added or anything of this being true so that wouldn't be possible. It would take at least 2 years for a film to be released for US standards. You have a lot of things to do before it gets released. Even if its done it could take a while to find a distributor. It took Silent Hill Revelations half a year just to be released in theaters due to not having a distributor if I remember right.

banner_game.gif

#15 ONLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Assistant Photographer

• Naughty People
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:45 PM

Yeah, the movie would take like a minimum of 2 years from the start of filming- we could probably have another game simultaneously released with FF5 if they're waiting for the film. I mean I doubt they'd be that nice to us, but we can hope. I've said for a while that if we're ever going to get it localised now it'll be with the hollywood film, it would explain how closed up they are on the issue, considering they probably have no idea when the film will be done.

Still though, I'm not getting my hopes up, as mid said FF4 was an exhausting process and I'd prefer not to repeat that.

Mari Asato, Saviour of All

#16 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Jann Lee Fighter

• Naughty People
  • 889 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:14 PM

Still though, I'm not getting my hopes up, as mid said FF4 was an exhausting process and I'd prefer not to repeat that.

I dont blame her. I usually take theses kind of news as a grain of salt unless Nintendo saids so on twitter, FaceBook, etc or even Kikuchi says so. 

banner_game.gif

#17 ONLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Missing Person

• Naughty People
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:36 PM

Fatal Frame 4 was going to be localized if it was without glitches.You can't even complete the game 100% because of the glitches while Fatal Frame 5 is without breaking glitches and it is on Wii u where you can patch the game.

EVERYTHING is Different NOW !

#18 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Jann Lee Fighter

• Naughty People
  • 889 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:45 PM

There aren't any glitches in Fatal Frame 5 no but that does not mean its going to be released outside of Japan without any official conformation. We need Nintendo to say something. However, some games tend to have regional glitches like our version of Pandora's Tower has a glitch that doesn't let you finish the main story but XSeeD released it like that now people rather buy the PAL version instead because it doesn't have that problem.

Edited by ナガクラ, 12 February 2015 - 11:47 PM.

banner_game.gif

#19 ONLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Assistant Photographer

• Naughty People
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:13 AM

Fatal Frame 4 was going to be localized if it was without glitches.You can't even complete the game 100% because of the glitches while Fatal Frame 5 is without breaking glitches and it is on Wii u where you can patch the game.

EVERYTHING is Different NOW !

No one knows why FF4 wasn't localised, it was all just speculation. At some point they clearly had an intention to release the game, what with us even getting that advert in a french magasine, but no one knows why it was cancelled. Just because FF5 is less buggy doesn't mean it's definitely going to be localised.

Edited by Yashuu, 13 February 2015 - 11:14 AM.

• ナガクラ likes this
Mari Asato, Saviour of All

#20 OFFLINE   ste2115

ste2115

Innocent Bystander

• Naughty People
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:08 PM

Well I know the answer despite why project zero 4 was cancelled is cause maybe its true its cancelled due to hit major high glitches and crashes and put it simple tecmo koei requested nintendo to fix the problems but requires money profit and when tecmo koei spoke to nintendo about the offer that it needs to be done for butnintendo rejected the money and turned down the whole thing and despite all that thats how project zero 4 was cancelled but since project zero 5 existed I think they need to have localization take its time to ensure I believe it doesnt repeat the same mistakes again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users