Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 03:36 PM) He deserves a lot more
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:01 PM) Whenever I see Mafuyu say the broken staircase has nothing to do Takamine, I imagine him skidding down it on a sled with Koji and Tomoe.
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:02 PM) Novelists just wanna have fun
Hex : (06 December 2017 - 12:08 PM) Did anyone else not notice the pillars in the Demon Mouth have figures cared into them?  https://s7.postimg.o...3f/IMG_2417.jpg
midwinter : (06 December 2017 - 02:19 PM) oooh, no, that's cool
GreekShadow : (06 December 2017 - 11:58 PM) Lets all agree that in Forbidden Siren 2 ALL the missions with the 2 apartment buildings are the worst
Hex : (07 December 2017 - 12:07 AM) But don't you just love it when everything looks the same?   :chisab:
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 05:34 PM) ;_;
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 07:50 PM) There are chances a new Tenchu has been teased by From Software,if its indeed Tenchu i ll die ,its been 10 years ;_;
Rezz : (09 December 2017 - 12:44 AM) From Software needs to make me another Armored Core
midwinter : (09 December 2017 - 01:48 PM) And where's my Kuon sequel while we're at it
Rheo : (09 December 2017 - 06:39 PM) i thought the name of that game is actually Shadows Die Twice. lol
Hex : (17 December 2017 - 01:59 PM) Phew, we're back.
midwinter : (17 December 2017 - 02:00 PM) \o/
midwinter : (17 December 2017 - 02:00 PM) thank you, Emi! <3
Hex : (17 December 2017 - 02:10 PM) Thank you!
AnimalLover4... : (17 December 2017 - 11:48 PM) Okay, I wasn't the only one not allowed in.
AnimalLover4... : (17 December 2017 - 11:48 PM) Thank you for fixing it Emi.
GreekShadow : (18 December 2017 - 06:04 AM) why did i miss
GreekShadow : (18 December 2017 - 06:04 AM) what*

Photo

Why Did She Wait 2 Weeks?

Fatal Frame Miku Hinasaki Mafuyu Hinasaki Speculation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

Fatal Frame 1 has one of the most interesting intro monologue in recent memory for video games due to how chilling it can be with it's music playing on the background that it sucks you in without warning that I can remember it very clearly. But then it hit me... Miku waited 2 weeks to go find Mafuyu. Why did she wait that long? Why didn't she call the cops and reported him missing so they can go fetch him? 

Let me break it down
-Takamine and Co. go to haunted mansion for inspiration
-Takamine and Co. go missing
-Mafuyu goes to said mansion after unknown time of them being missing
-Mafuyu goes missing for 2 weeks and Miku goes to look for him.
-Game begins and ends

Ok, so what? You would think Mafuyu would have died from starvation by the time Miku gets there right? I remember one of Mafuyu's final notes in the game that he mentions that he feels like hes been time traveling. Maybe for Mafuyu its been an hour or 30 minutes but for Miku its been 2 weeks.

The problem isn't Mafuyu playing time traveler the problem is that Miku is a bad little sister that doesn't notice her only family member has been missing for a day or at least checks up on them or calls for help. I know in the US you cant report somebody missing unless its been 24 hours, ether that or 48 hours, I cant remember exactly. One of the two, pick your poison. Is it different in Japan? 

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#2 OFFLINE   detertake

detertake

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:52 PM

If I recall it correctly, Mafuyu went to search for Takamine and his crew with full realisation that something bad might happen to him. Moreover, he warned his yonger sister, Miku, and his close friend, Yu Asou, about his little adventure. I'm saying it's impossible for Miku not to notice Mafuyu disappearance. As for the police, I think they passively refused to investigate the disappearance of Takamine. They only started to look into the case when the body of Ogata was found somewhere in the mountains near the mansion. So, it wouldn't be much of a suprise if police treated Mafuyu's case in the same manner as Takamine's case. Time interval is interesting detail but I tend to think this is exactly the time required to wait for someone to return home, to inform the police in case of no return, to get the passive negative answer from them and at last to realise that you're the only one who is willing to do something about your missing sibling.

#3 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,127 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:17 PM

Well, I mean, Mafuyu waited a month to go looking for Takamine and co. Miyako waited ten days to go looking for Masumi. And how do we know she didn't call the police? We know the disappearance of Takamine's party was covered in the newspaper and his publisher filed a missing person report, so the police were already involved in the case. Like detertake says, I'd assume Miku waited a while to see if Mafuyu would turn up on his own and/or to let the police search, then went herself as a last resort. Plus, Himuro is a pretty remote place, I imagine it would take some planning and preparation to get there, especially for someone still in school. Two weeks (or nine days, if you go by the booklet) isn't really that long. Starting the intro by saying how long it's been makes it sound like she's just been waiting until she couldn't wait any longer, especially when she also talks about how worried she was when he told her he was going.

Starvation takes longer than you think, too. As long as you have water you can go a month or more with no food, though I'm not saying it would be fun.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame, Miku Hinasaki, Mafuyu Hinasaki, Speculation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users