Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) I'm fine.
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.

Photo
- - - - -

Would you want a SC Sequel?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Vampire Slayer in Training

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationSunnydale

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:14 AM

The one concept that I liked about SC was the protagonist being the player. If they were to make a sequel I would like an expansion on that similar to Silent Hill Book of Memories where you have power to customize your character and stuff. Maybe the option to choose your dialogue or something similar? And yess no more AR shenanigans. I would like a ether first person or third person exploration in a mansion or something. I would want them to keep the concept of using the 3DS as the camera and maybe a second mode where you dont need to move the 3DS around like in Fatal Frame 5.

Do you want a sequel? If yes what would you like to be improved from the original?

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#2 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 400 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:15 PM

I'd play a sequel if one was made, but I would hope that they improve the game a lot! I honestly liked having a physical diary to use the AR function for, but I hated having my home environment as the setting. I was hoping they would stick with the digital environment like in the beginning with the manor or in the haunted house mode. Using the DS gyroscope to aim is nice, but I would have liked the option to use the d-pad as well for when i'm stuck travelling or out in public. My biggest disappointments with this game were its length and how little it actually felt like a Fatal Frame title. I wanted to search for keys, battle random ghosts if I explored too long, and upgrade my camera. The story itself was great and fit the series really well, I just wanted more. I had fun with the mini-games but I feel like they focused on them too much. The story/campaign should've been at least twice as long in my opinion, and involve more than talking to a confused ghost then battling repeatedly. Otherwise, I was very excited about the concept so I would love to see another go at a 3DS Fatal Frame title.

#3 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:53 AM

After talking about it with midwinter, I think the manga would make a perfect 3DS game.  You have two cameras, the Spirit Stone Flashlight and the Twins' charms and wards as weapons, a cursed mountain, school, village and shrine for locations and a pretty interesting cast of characters to interact with.  There's a lot of clues being hinted at and supplies to find, so it's already halfway like a new game.

And I may have dreams of an unlockable shrine maiden outfit for Sara.  ._.

#4 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

• Spirited Aways
  • 675 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:04 AM

I'd like another hand held Fatal Frame but I wouldn't like another Spirit Camera.  Spirit Camera was fine for a one time thing but if you are going to make another hand held game then I'd prefer it to be a full fledged Fatal Frame on a handheld.

#5 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 400 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:06 AM

After watching a couple more playthrough videos of the 5th game I'm actually thinking it would be interesting to play a shorter, handhled game based on Kurosawa and her job at the antique shop.

Spoiler

Anyways, like i've said before I really wanted to see SC more similar to a full fledged game including upgrading the camera and exploring haunted houses and fighting the standard ghosties and not just a few "bosses" and searching for keys and such. I think it's possible even in an SC style game. There is so much potential for AR camera technology in a game where the main mechanic involves a CAMERA! I'm hoping they give it another go as long as they pay attention to the things that didn't quite work and what the fans opinions are :D

Edited by MacabrelleEnvy, 04 February 2015 - 08:16 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   GottagethatDVM

GottagethatDVM

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:18 PM

God no, it was horrible :/

Do not let the hero inside of your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach.

#7 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

• Spirited Aways
  • 675 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:27 PM

Imagine a Fatal Frame game on the Nintendo Switch though.  It would be a regular Fatal Frame game on the go which would basically be what a lot of people wanted Spirit Camera to be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users